Need Help.. Denon AVR X1100W firmware upgrade problem

thinkhifi

Hi, I bought a new Denon X1100-W from Germany through Amazon.de a month back. For last few days, i was getting a notification everytime i switch on that there is a new firmware, do you want to upgrade? I finally decided to upgrade. However, in the middle of the upgrade, power went off and now the AVR is always in standby mode, i.e red light on top of the power on button everytime i swtich it on.

I tried the option of setting it back to factory default like keeping "Dimmer" +"Zone2 source" button pressed and switching it on etc. None of these worked. I finally took it to authorized service center and to my shock, i am told that we need to replace the hardware that is replace the motherboard since AVR is not going out of standby.

I need urgent help from someone who is knowledgeable to say why the firmware cannot be reloaded or replaced with the earlier one by the service centers. Why should there be a motherboard replacement just for the software corruption? Any thoughts and any help on this pls?

Cant comment about motherboard replacement thing!

But, as per X1100w manual 'resetting' works as below,

"Turn off the power using Power Button .
Press Power Button while simultaneously pressing TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNER PRESET CH -.
Remove your fingers from the two buttons when Initialized appears on the display."

Are you sure, you did that?

Just telling to be yourself sure before proceeding. Also I too think, motherboard replacement for software corruption is not right. There could be some ways.

Perhaps our senior FMs can share their experience on this matter.

have you managed to force an update as yet ?
have you tried maunally downloading firmware and putting on USB memory stick ?? ..
do you know what type of memory the board has ??

Hi,
I have the same avr,had issues updating firmware over wifi.Try connecting it it to ethernet and update,it worked for me since i had the problem twice.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back