Need help finding great computer speakers

ajtim

So I'm looking to buy new set of speakers for my computer and I was just wondering if anyone has any experiences?
Which sites offer the most ?
What you think which brand would be the best?
Any information is helpful, because I'm just collecting some info. and opinions on what other people think is the best, before I go and buy myself new ones.

@ajtim... what is your budget? What are your listening preferences (like movies, music etc)? What is your room size? Are you looking for home theatre or stereo setup? Do you have sound card?

@ajtim... what is your budget? What are your listening preferences (like movies, music etc)? What is your room size? Are you looking for home theatre or stereo setup? Do you have sound card?

My budget would be up to 60-70$, and I would use them mostly for music listening yeah.

My budget would be up to 60-70$, and I would use them mostly for music listening yeah.

If you don't want to compromise with the quality of audio, I think, in this budget, you can consider a good headphone instead of speakers. There is a great product from audio technica (Audio-Technica ATH-M35) which is lower in price but beats other expensive headphones hands down.

Reference:
Stereo Headphones Review 2012 | Compare Headphones and Stereo Headsets - TopTenREVIEWS

you may also consider buying second hand studio monitors like M-Audio or Behringers.....

but you must go for a big sizer monitor for full range audio reproduction. i am assuming that you dont have a problem with size.....

No, the size shouldn't be a problem.
As far as the headphones, I'd really rather buy solid computer speakers in my price range, then anything else. But thank you for the site, in fact, that led me to search even more, and I was trying to find as much useful sites and reviews as I could, and I found a site that writes reviews on all sorts of electronic, and some computer speakers were also reviewed. I think it was useful in at least giving me some pointers.
What you guys think ?

Here's the link:
Pick Best Buy – Products Worth Your Money! – Search Results – speakers

roughly tell me what type of sound you like as at this budget there have to be compromises.....

1. bright or smooth
2. lot of loose bass or controlled tight base
3. accurate or good sounding

roughly tell me what type of sound you like as at this budget there have to be compromises.....

1. bright or smooth
2. lot of loose bass or controlled tight base
3. accurate or good sounding

The thing I care the most about is the fact that there is crystal clear sound even at high volume, and the other thing is the controlled tight base as you wrote.

So I'm looking to buy new set of speakers for my computer and I was just wondering if anyone has any experiences?
Which sites offer the most ?
What you think which brand would be the best?
Any information is helpful, because I'm just collecting some info. and opinions on what other people think is the best, before I go and buy myself new ones.

Whatever you buy before buying take an insight into its features so that you know what you are buying

Yeah, but whether you buy something over amazon or eBay, you can feel pretty comfortable, I mean those are the two of world's largest online stores.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back