Need help for t.v.and its setup.

atulpilot

hello guys,:)

i am planning to buy a 50 inch t.v.:yahoo:i have a budget of around 70 to 80 thousand.:indifferent14:
i have shortlisted the samsung PS50B550 full hd plasma.are there any better options for 50 inch full hd plasma/lcd in the market as i will be buying it in the coming diwali.:confused:
i have got a quote of 78 thousand from a local dealer in pune without bargaining for the samsung.what will be its best or the lowest price that i can get in diwali.:rolleyes:

i will need a full hd display as i will connect my pc to the TV to watch full hd movies.

also i have heard that the 50 inch Panasonic g10 will be here in the diwali, what will be its price?:licklips:

how does samsung PS50B550 compares to panny g10.

also i have heard that the signal from local cable operator when connected to lcd/plasma look crap, but one of my friend is having a 47 inch lcd connected to local cable using the Bi-Directional cable tv amplifier to boost the cable signal and the quality of picture and audio is same as that of the any DTH service.

will this setup work for my 50 inch tv?:indifferent14::sad:

visit WELCOME To cableTVamps - Quality Cable TV Signal Amplifiers To Enhance Reception for more info.:signthankspin:

hello guys,:)

i am planning to buy a 50 inch t.v.:yahoo:i have a budget of around 70 to 80 thousand.:indifferent14:
i have shortlisted the samsung PS50B550 full hd plasma.are there any better options for 50 inch full hd plasma/lcd in the market as i will be buying it in the coming diwali.:confused:
i have got a quote of 78 thousand from a local dealer in pune without bargaining for the samsung.what will be its best or the lowest price that i can get in diwali.:rolleyes:

i will need a full hd display as i will connect my pc to the TV to watch full hd movies.

also i have heard that the 50 inch Panasonic g10 will be here in the diwali, what will be its price?:licklips:

how does samsung PS50B550 compares to panny g10.

also i have heard that the signal from local cable operator when connected to lcd/plasma look crap, but one of my friend is having a 47 inch lcd connected to local cable using the Bi-Directional cable tv amplifier to boost the cable signal and the quality of picture and audio is same as that of the any DTH service.

will this setup work for my 50 inch tv?:indifferent14::sad:

visit WELCOME To cableTVamps - Quality Cable TV Signal Amplifiers To Enhance Reception for more info.:signthankspin:

Hi Atul,

The Samsung PS550 has got some great reviews but also seems to have a peculiar issue showing 50Hz (SD/HD) content. Refer this review link
"http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Samsung-PS50B560-Plasma-HDTV-Review.html". There's some additional discussion on this issue under "Comments" for the review which suggests that Samsung have refused to own up to this problem and are not going to issue a firmware update.

I think the author of the review has also uploaded a disc which when played clearly shows the problem. I'd suggest that you take a copy of this and run it on the PSB550 before buying to check if you notice the same problem.

As for price, i was quoted 75K for it at Bajar Electronics in Pune a few days back. Negotiations can surely bring it down as also will festive offers during Diwali.

Hope this helps.

hi reds,

thanks for ur reply i just wanted to know about the Bajar Electronics address in pune.

thanks a lot.

hi reds,

thanks for ur reply i just wanted to know about the Bajar Electronics address in pune.

thanks a lot.

Sorry, Atul. I meant Bajaj Electronics in Hyd.

You could check the TV for the 50 HZ issue at the shop which you saw it at in Pune and if it's fine, negotiate aggressively.

well the samsung has the edge in image processing department especialy in SD content.its may have better colors.
but the panasonic G10 has better contrast .brighter whites its has lesser chances of getting TIR compared to the samsung.for HD content the panasonic will be the better option.

obviously the G10 will quite a lot more expensive then the samsung which is good VFM.

well the samsung has the edge in image processing department especialy in SD content.its may have better colors.
but the panasonic G10 has better contrast .brighter whites its has lesser chances of getting TIR compared to the samsung.for HD content the panasonic will be the better option.

obviously the G10 will quite a lot more expensive then the samsung which is good VFM.

Thanks, Adder. Do you know if the 50 HZ problem which David Mackenzie has highlighted in his review is present and noticeable? If it indeed is, it's a potential deal breaker. Other than that, it's mostly good news regarding the B550..

Thanks, Adder. Do you know if the 50 HZ problem which David Mackenzie has highlighted in his review is present and noticeable? If it indeed is, it's a potential deal breaker. Other than that, it's mostly good news regarding the B550..

well thats intresting,hopefully samsung may solve that in a firmware update.
the G10 also looses fine detail in interlaced videos that u get from a tata sky+ or a big tv etc have a look here http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...-viera-p42g10-launched-india-4.html#post54781

well thats intresting,hopefully samsung may solve that in a firmware update.
the G10 also looses fine detail in interlaced videos that u get from a tata sky+ or a big tv etc have a look here http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...-viera-p42g10-launched-india-4.html#post54781

David (the reviewer) had taken the issue to Samsung with a demo disc clearly demonstrating it but they've refused to acknowledge it and say that they'll not be issuing a software update for it. Here's a quote from David's post on the same.
"Sadly, Samsung will not be issuing an update for these TVs. The company believes that the effect noted is a natural occurence of Plasma technology. I disagree, as there are competing Plasma screens which do not show this fault. Furthermore, it's possible to recreate the fault intermittently (it's not visible all the time) with test patterns, and it's also possible to activate the "1080 Full HD Motion Demo" and see that the "Off" side of the screen is unaffected."

There seems to be another bit of interesting discussion (link below) going on regarding this. The model reviewed by David is B560 and not B550 and there seems to be a difference in the processor used in these two. It's possible that the error being seen in B560 might not be present in B550.

Difference in Samsung Plasma models PS50B550 - AVForums.com

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back