Need help in buying a Home Theater

venkat_9099

Hi,

I have done research some 3-4 months ago for a home theater and decided to buy Onkyo 3300 and Top Ten electronics in Vashi, Navi Mumbai quoted me 24k. But I could not buy due to some personal reasons.

I want to buy now and want to know are there any new models launched and what are their prices and is the price of 3300 came down in these months? My budget is upto 30k. I basically want to hook it up with my Tata Sky HD to enjoy sound in 5.1.

Thanks in advance.

Onkyo 3400 is out there.. almost same like 3300 but has some additional features like extra HDMI input.. check out Onkyo's website for the exact and complete specs.. 3400 is around 24-25K.. within your budget.. add couple of Ks for installation n all..

Cheers..!!

hi
i have a onkyo 3400 just bougt 3 mnths back
i got it from vujay sales goregaon
u cannot belive the price i bought
22,500 rs
just bargain this is a special price
dont go for 3300
3400 is far better than 3300
it is hdmi ver 1.4a 3d support
looks good small buttons for selection front panel nice & decent
sound quality is superb for movies i have connected to my sony bd 370
pioneer dv 300 dvd piooner ld 2750
and pj hd 20 . price will be 24,990
just ask for 22,500
u can get it with e zone also
good bass for movies ok with music

best for music is getting a 2 ch stereo amp
bye go for it:clapping::clapping:

I want to hook it to my Tata Sky HD to enjoy HD content in 5.1

Venkat.. before buying make sure that Tata Sky is providing 5.1 Audio on HD channels.. I have DishTV and none of channels give me 5.1 audio.. i tried it with my Yamaha AVR.. most dealers have cable connections at their showroom.. ask them to connect Onkyo to Set Top box and play HD channels.. You can ask forum members to check which channel has 5.1 .. There are very limited number of channels which will give u 5.1 audio though in future u'll get lot of but as of now limited channels are there.. so spending 25K just to watch couple of channel does not make any sense.. If you are into movies then definitely Onkyo is gud at this price range..

Cheers..!!!!

Venkat.. before buying make sure that Tata Sky is providing 5.1 Audio on HD channels.. I have DishTV and none of channels give me 5.1 audio.. i tried it with my Yamaha AVR.. most dealers have cable connections at their showroom.. ask them to connect Onkyo to Set Top box and play HD channels.. You can ask forum members to check which channel has 5.1 .. There are very limited number of channels which will give u 5.1 audio though in future u'll get lot of but as of now limited channels are there.. so spending 25K just to watch couple of channel does not make any sense.. If you are into movies then definitely Onkyo is gud at this price range..

Cheers..!!!!

Sagar, Thanks for your concerns. I am aware that only the Asli HD channels on Tata Sky + HD provide audio in 5.1 and am ready to spend money as most of the time I watch only these channels either live of recorded.

best of luck for onkyo 3400
watch it on a full hd pj
like opotoma hd 20 etc

expereince a theater cmg home

byee

Onkyo also has the HT-S5405 model (HTiB) which has pre-out for subwoofer, and USB connectivity in the front of the AVR for listening to your audio files. This is beneficial if you need to upgrade your subwoofers later on.

I have bought 3400 yesterday and still installing it and going through the manual.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Congrats Venkat... :clapping: Enjoy..!!!!

Thank you. I had to spend almost two hours installing and configuring. First I connected my Tata sky hd via htb but it did not give dolby for hd channels even though I had coaxial cable connected. Now hdmi cable is direct to tv from stb and coaxial cable to htb for sound. But in this setup I cannot see osd :(

Thank you. I had to spend almost two hours installing and configuring. First I connected my Tata sky hd via htb but it did not give dolby for hd channels even though I had coaxial cable connected. Now hdmi cable is direct to tv from stb and coaxial cable to htb for sound. But in this setup I cannot see osd :(

Try using HDMI connection only.. HDMI from STB to AVR and then HDMI from AVR to TV.. and configure your stb for Dolby sound thru HDMI...

Try using HDMI connection only.. HDMI from STB to AVR and then HDMI from AVR to TV.. and configure your stb for Dolby sound thru HDMI...

Read in another thread that Tata sky stopped giving dolby output via hdmi as many customers complained that their tvs could not decode dolby. Instead of asking them to change it in settings Tata sky stopped sending dolby via hdmi in their latest software update.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back