Need help in buying a home theatre / speaker system under Rs. 10,000

Abhisheksinha

Hi,

I want to buy a speaker system to connect to my Samsung 5 series 32" LED TV (bought in December 2012).

Primary purpose: Movies (surround sound) and Gaming - PS3

I have a max. budget 10,000

I have currently connected a 2.1 speaker system (Altec Lansing) but the performance is not as I expected (probably because its a 2.1 multimedia speaker).

I don't need a blu-ray/DVD player which is being offered by Philips, Sony, LG etc. I just need a good speaker system which would work best with my TV and Playstation 3.

Thanks

Hi,

I want to buy a speaker system to connect to my Samsung 5 series 32" LED TV (bought in December 2012).

Primary purpose: Movies (surround sound) and Gaming - PS3

As informed by earlier post by other FM's, and if you want a clutter free environment then, also demo JBL SB100/200 soundbar. Good reviews.

A friend suggested me to check out Z-5500 also. Have read the reviews and it seems good. Just wanted to know whether it is compatible with LED TV.

A friend suggested me to check out Z-5500 also. Have read the reviews and it seems good. Just wanted to know whether it is compatible with LED TV.

Z5500 is good and can be hooked to your LED TV. Are you able to find this product? This is already discontinued and i think the successor is Z-906.
Your TV should have coax out or optical out. You can plugin coax audio cable/ digital out to the TV and other end to the Z-5500/ Z-906. The price of Z-906 was 16k earlier. Probably they increased due to the dollar rate.

Z5500 is good and can be hooked to your LED TV. Are you able to find this product? This is already discontinued and i think the successor is Z-906.
Your TV should have coax out or optical out. You can plugin coax audio cable/ digital out to the TV and other end to the Z-5500/ Z-906. The price of Z-906 was 16k earlier. Probably they increased due to the dollar rate.

Yes I am trying to find a used Z-5500. Have spoken to 2-3 dealers, they are quoting around 18-19k for Z-906.

Its a lot better to buy a onkyo hts 3400 (Around 24k -last i heard) rather than the logitech Z906 @18-19k.

Hi,

I just need a good speaker system which would work best with my TV and Playstation 3.

Thanks

I have F&D F6000. And it is one hell of a 5.1 speaker. I got it online for just above 6K and believe me it does its job very well. It has clarity, bass and strong sub-woofer and center speaker, along with good tweeters. I was thinking of going for higher budget systems once I have budget 2-3 years down the line but I have decided against upgrading till this speaker dies !!! Strongly suggest you look online for its reviews before you decide. I reckon Edifier also has a competing model at 12K+.

Its a lot better to buy a onkyo hts 3400 (Around 24k -last i heard) rather than the logitech Z906 @18-19k.
13.gif

At the risk of offending an earlier poster: Avoid JBL soundbars, I've heard them, and they sound terrible, within JBL: JBL creature 2.1 at half the price of the soundbars sounds much clearer and nicer, but they are lower power too.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back