Need Help in Chennai testing Card in another PC

2. The lowest latency I've ever seen is on an AMD 690G system built with a slow 4000+ X2 processor and DDR2 667 RAM. Any attempt to put in faster processors or memory only resulted in slower performance. With all networking devices disabled and a fully optimised install, I was able to get latency under 10uS without a single peak above 15.

How did you measure? Any tool ?:)

Regards

dpclat.exe, as linked to in my first post on the topic in this thread.
... XP is clearly out of date and old fashioned in comparison.
The first thing I do with XP is to make it look like W2000!!!

There are no new drivers for my card, and there will never be support for Vista/7/etc. However, I think they mentioned on their forum that they found the card to work with 7. There's also all sorts of software that I do not want to buy [again... of course ;)] including my trusty Cool Edit Pro.
You need to unzip the Intel sata ahci driver and copy it in a location and do a driver update or something.
Yep... got the methodology from the net. First problem is which of the various versions on Intel's site is the right one! I don't fancy an unbootable machine, even though I have a Bart PE start-up disc, along with Drive Image XML (and an image, of course!) to hand.

Oh, there's a method 2, as well, which is to slipstream the drivers into a WinXP install image and then do a Repair install from that.

Last edited:
Some change on the latency front.

I think what I did (the systematic change method has broken down :eek: ) was to uninstall AVG Virus checking, and turn the Zone Alarm virus checking back on instead.

I'm now getting spikes on the Latency checker, which is still not good, but it is better than solid off-the-scale red. At least I can see some green!

mu-s (u-with-a-tail is mu? no better at greek than numbers: all double-dutch to me!)) is 1/10,000 of a second? In that case my latency was running into whole seconds!

dpclat.exe, as linked to in my first post on the topic in this thread.
The first thing I do with XP is to make it look like W2000!!!

There are no new drivers for my card, and there will never be support for Vista/7/etc. However, I think they mentioned on their forum that they found the card to work with 7.

Is there a linux version of dpclat.exe?

Win 7 is more minimalist and slick that Win2K believe me. And its made to run quick on older hardware. Yeah you do need to worry about drivers and s/w for the old sound card I guess ..

Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back