Need help in connecting my Acer projector H530BD to my Onkyo TX-NR616

karthiksk

Need help in connecting my Acer projector H5370BD to my Onkyo TX-NR616 and play video from my windows 7 laptop.

When I connect Onkyo to my projector I can see my Onkyo OSD (On Screen Display) but when I connect my laptop, screen just goes off and attempts to connect and it just keeps trying.
If I connect my TV instead of projector I works fine
If I connect laptop directly to projector, works fine
AIRTEL DTH -->Onkyo--> Projector - work's fine
All connections are through HDMI cable.

What could be the problem? Google did not help much.

When you are connecting your laptop > avr > projector, are you getting the display on your laptop screen? I guess, you have to enable the dual display/ alternate display setting of your laptop. Go to the control panel and select the correct display. Hope this will solve the issue.

When you are connecting your laptop > avr > projector, are you getting the display on your laptop screen? I guess, you have to enable the dual display/ alternate display setting of your laptop. Go to the control panel and select the correct display. Hope this will solve the issue.

Thank you for the reply.

i don't get the screen. my laptop screen comes and goes off frequently. it's like flapping.

i tried all those options, dual display, clone etc. same works if i connect to my TV.

This problem is with graphic card driver.I did not face it with Yamaha AVR,but with Marantz AVR too its happens.So you can try starting system with different options.One of it will work.
Turn off HDMI standby passthrough in Onkyo.

1.Start PJ first,then Onkyo
OR
2.Start Onkyo then PJ.
Or
3.Turn off dual display in Laptop
then start Onkyo,then PJ then again make dual display/ video extend again.

One of these options will work.

Last edited:
This problem is with graphic card driver.I did not face it with Yamaha AVR,but with Marantz AVR too its happens.So you can try starting system with different options.One of it will work.
Turn off HDMI standby passthrough in Onkyo.

1.Start PJ first,then Onkyo
OR
2.Start Onkyo then PJ.
Or
3.Turn off dual display in Laptop
then start Onkyo,then PJ then again make dual display/ video extend again.

One of these options will work.

thankyou! let me try tomorrow . . .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back