Need help: Kef IQ30/Q300 vs. Paradigm Titan Monitor Vs. Usher V601

reachprak

Hi,

I'm in the market for a set of speakers. Open for both Bookshelf and floorstanding. Already procured Onkyo 708. Have auditioned Kef IQ30, Usher V601. Both seem ok. Paradigm Titan monitor not available for auditioning in Bangalore. Listed to mini monitor though.

Currently will try for a 2.1/3.1 depending on a budget.

I actually did like Kef IQ90. But, they are way over budget. Hoping that the price crashes due to the release of the new Q series.

Any feedback on these speakers?

My observations:

1. Paradigm mini monitor - seemed to have extra bass which I did not like. Wondering whether the same problem will manifest in Titan Monitor. Has a matching CC190 for center. Titan monitor cost = ~ 30K

2. Usher V601 - Good at higher volumes. Lacking a good low cost center speaker.

3. Kef IQ30 - Much clearer mid range and high range. Bass was also nice. Problem is that matching center the IQ60c costs 30K. Hope to compensate the bass with a new sub-woofer.

Not able to audition the new Kef Q300 yet. Wonder how they are...

Hi
on the Center channel, what price band are you looking at? The usher S525 is only 17k retail and the V series center in the mid-20's.
I am not familiar with the other speakers

cheers

Hi,

I'm in the market for a set of speakers. Open for both Bookshelf and floorstanding. Already procured Onkyo 708. Have auditioned Kef IQ30, Usher V601. Both seem ok. Paradigm Titan monitor not available for auditioning in Bangalore. Listed to mini monitor though.

Currently will try for a 2.1/3.1 depending on a budget.

I actually did like Kef IQ90. But, they are way over budget. Hoping that the price crashes due to the release of the new Q series.

Any feedback on these speakers?

My observations:

1. Paradigm mini monitor - seemed to have extra bass which I did not like. Wondering whether the same problem will manifest in Titan Monitor. Has a matching CC190 for center. Titan monitor cost = ~ 30K

2. Usher V601 - Good at higher volumes. Lacking a good low cost center speaker.

3. Kef IQ30 - Much clearer mid range and high range. Bass was also nice. Problem is that matching center the IQ60c costs 30K. Hope to compensate the bass with a new sub-woofer.

Not able to audition the new Kef Q300 yet. Wonder how they are...

I have not heard the KEF Q300 either (Doesn't Profx, B'lore stock it ?), but going by what is being said about it and the entire new Q series by owners and reviewers on the net, it should be on anyone's list of 'must listens' before deciding.

Regards,

Sunil

Has anybody auditioned/own(ed) Paradigm Titan Monitor v6? Is it too "bassy"? It has a 7-1/2" mid-range woofer? Wondering how that will sound?

Will definitely check out Kef Q300 before making my final decision.

What about Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers? Is there anything in the 20-30K range which is comparable/better in performance with the 3-4 I mentioned in the subject line?

Hi Reachprak,

Pl indicate the prices of the speakers auditioned by you, what amp did you pair them with?

Thanks in advance.

N.Murali

Has anybody auditioned/own(ed) Paradigm Titan Monitor v6? Is it too "bassy"? It has a 7-1/2" mid-range woofer? Wondering how that will sound?

Will definitely check out Kef Q300 before making my final decision.

What about Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers? Is there anything in the 20-30K range which is comparable/better in performance with the 3-4 I mentioned in the subject line?
===============================================

there is a simple search function on the website which can be a really effective tool for the question you asked.

Am reminded of a small poem in school - i learnt about the diver who must dive deeper into the sea to get the oyster he wants. Cant just stand at the seashore and get the oyster. I think the poem was by harivanshrai bachchan.

:)

regards.
mpw

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back