2 channel stereo Amplifier for Paradigm Monitor 11v7

jake

Hello FMs , i am currently in lookout for a stereo amp for my Floor standers (Paradigm Monitor 11v7) . I am currently driving this speakers using an AVR (Yamaha A810).
i have checked online , read the forums by other FMs so currently confused as to which amp would be good/matching for this speakers. (no clipping etc)
I intend to play music (FLAC , mp3 ) through USB as i dont have dedicated CD Player.
Budget 20 -40K
Paradigm Monitor 11v7 specs :

DESIGN5-driver, 3-way bass reflex, quasi-3rd-order resistive port, floorstanding model
FREQUENCY RESPONSE ON-AXIS±2dB from 42 Hz - 22 kHz
HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER25-mm (1 in) S-PAL™ dome tweeter, ferro-fluid cooled and damped
MIDRANGE FREQUENCY DRIVER140-mm (5-1/2 in) S-PAL™ cone, 25-mm (1 in) voice-coil, oversize ceramic / ferrite magnets, GRIP™ chassis, separate sealed driver chamber
LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERThree 165-mm (6-1/2 in) carbon-infused polypropylene cones, 25-mm (1 in) voice-coils, oversize ceramic / ferrite magnets, GRIP™ chassis
SENSITIVITY ROOM / ANECHOIC93 dB / 90 dB
IMPEDANCECompatible with 8 ohms
FINISHESBlack Ash, Heritage Cherry
WEIGHT55.3 lbs. (25.1 kg)
DIMENSIONS HXWXD41.5" × 7.875" × 13.5" (105.4cm × 20.0cm × 34.3cm)
LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION30 Hz (DIN)
CROSSOVER3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.2 kHz, 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 700 Hz (lower bass drivers)
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 30° OFF-AXIS±2dB from 42 Hz - 18 kHz
SUITABLE AMPLIFIER POWER RANGE15 - 250 watts
MAXIMUM INPUT POWER180 watts

Last edited:
Hi Jake
Welcome.
You will need to let members here know your budget.
Are you looking for brand new or pre-owned.
Would help if you could list your preference in music as well.
Nice speakers, by the way :)

In your budget do try to audition NAD C316BEE V1, if possible loan it from a local FM and try at home before buying.

Since your AVR has pre-outs, I suggest you go for a stereo power amp for the two front speakers.
The AVR can then power the rest of the speakers in your cinema, which will improve their performance as well and the fronts should sound great for music as well.
This, I feel is the less expensive option rather than going for a separate integrated amplifier and should be good for both music as well as movies.

Just a query , what is the difference between using a Stereo Amp and using a power AMP with AVR pre out. I guess the later is more of a HT solution.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Sorry if I confused you. :rolleyes:
The difference is between a Stereo Integrated amp and a stereo power amp.
The power amp does not have volume controls whereas the integrated will have volume control.
This is just a basic difference, if you want I could add a bit more. Just dont want to confuse you more :)

ok got it, will be missing the tone controls too. :)
You control volume, tone ,EQ with the existing AVR. The power amplifier will take the AVR input and drive the speakers. What do you think you are missing with the AVR?

You control volume, tone ,EQ with the existing AVR. The power amplifier will take the AVR input and drive the speakers. What do you think you are missing with the AVR?
Hello tuff ,sorry I am quite a noob on AV stuff :).I heard my friend's klipsch floorstanders being driven by an onkyo stereo amp, and it sounded better than being driven by his AVR (also onkyo).
So I just had this feeling if my speakers could do more with a dedicated stereo amp.

^^ When comparing stereo amps and AVR from same price bracket, the stereo amp will sound much better.

I heard my friend's klipsch floorstanders being driven by an onkyo stereo amp, and it sounded better than being driven by his AVR (also onkyo). So I just had this feeling if my speakers could do more with a dedicated stereo amp.

An AVR USB port supports playback of digital files (both lossless & lossy), you also have bluetooth to play wireless from you mobile and apps..

With a 93dB speaker efficiency, don't think you wont even need a power amplifier..

Make you system better than changing to a stereo amplifier from AVR.. Add a sub-woofer to your existing set-up and let the sub-woofer do the duty for reproducing lows..

The aventage is a good AVR. The variable why your friends system sounding better need not be the stereo amplifier. Could be the speaker signature, or the room itself. Speaker placement plays a vital role in a given room on how they sound. If you can describe what it is that you are missing, there could be other solutions.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back