Need Help- My Plasma is dead

Thanks for the help. I have gone through the list but as Panasonic service center reply is the Panel is short now and gave me estimate Rs 57500 :sad: to repair the panel. I got few pic of my plsma.

Ask Panasonic to check and confirm again.
If the estimate is same than no point in going for repairs.

Which card requires replacement?
Please if you could quote the name/part no of the faulty card.

Thanks in advance.

Previously the problem diagnosed was the SC board is faulty which is shown in the first pic. But now service centre is saying because of the panel got short the SC board is damaged.

END of Pany and begining of Sony .

Anup has already bought a new Sony 4k. Congratulations..

No i have not brought Sony 4k yet. Already big damages to me. Xiaomi Coming up with their tv. Googled it out and they have LG and Samsung screens. Dont know how genuine are those.

Previously the problem diagnosed was the SC board is faulty which is shown in the first pic. But now service centre is saying because of the panel got short the SC board is damaged.

Panasonic is asking for 9500/ for SC board, the part will come from Delhi.
Hope TV works normally after that?

Hi Anup,

If you are in Delhi area i can PM you the contact of a person who says he used to work for Panasonic but now has his own service centre for Panasonic LED and Plasmas. Once my Pana Plasma had some issues so i called up the Panasonic service centre who quoted Rs. 7000. Then i came to know about this person from web, who quoted Rs 2500. I went to that person got my board rectified and my TV is working fine since 2 years. The person told me that Panasonic service centres come to him only for repairs.

Regards
Gurpreet

I didnt have to replace any parts.
I tried resetting the TV many times and fortunately my Plasma came back to life.:clapping::clapping:
It's working fine now.

Long live the plasma!!! (I have one too!) I am happy for you. I can feel the relief as a given up item comes to life. The same thing happened to my AVR last week and then viola! It came back to life.

I didnt have to replace any parts.
I tried resetting the TV many times and fortunately my Plasma came back to life.:clapping::clapping:
It's working fine now.

How did you reset it?? Do mean that you power it off and turn it on again??

Ok, gr8, now I am 100% sure it's a leaky capacitor in your smps board. My Philips crt also was very moody and use to turn on his mood. I finally got fed up and my elder brother did a card level analysis and replaced 3 leaky capacitors inside the board and till date there are no issues since past 4 years.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Bringing this thread alive with a Dead Hdmi Board :-(
Recently, my Panasonic's hdmi board has gone kaput.

Plasma : Panasonic 42" C10 Plasma

I have shown it to the service center, however, the estimated cost is above 10K.As per them, hdmi board cannot be repaired,have to get a new board.
Considering this is HD Ready (no full hd) plasma, i dont intend to spend so much for the repair.

I have shown the plasma to few shops, and they are trying to source hdmi board from some used/discarded plasmas, but no success.

Anybody in Delhi can point out to some good contact who can come up with a solution ?
Also, currently, the Av/composite port is working properly.

Since this is only Hd Ready plasma@ 720p, will i be able to achieve the same quality/resolution if i connect the plasma to my avr using AV/composite cable ?

Want to keep the cost at minimum. Considering to buy a new 65"/60" post 6-7 months.

Composite cables support standard-definition signals, which have a maximum of 480i (interlaced lines) or 480p on a typical 4-by-3 standard-definition television. These 480 scan lines stack vertically and extend across the screen horizontally, so the resolution is 640-by-480. Composite cables cannot display higher-definition video content.

In order to display a 720p signal, you must use a cable that can transfer that amount of data. Like Common high-definition video cable types - HDMI. Hope it helps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back