need help on buying a amp/receiver

idunix

I stay in Bangalore and I own a Polk psw505 sub-woofer and a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers. I need to build a 2.1 or 5.1 home theater system.
I wish to use LFE option in my sub-woofer, so need help from members here in deciding which amplyfier/receiver would be good to buy having a pre-out subwoofer option and also budget friendly.

by checking this forum i think i should get a Denon AVR-X500

Below would be my setup

* a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR BS
* Polk psw505 sub-woofer
* Denon AVR-X500

Guys please provide your gyaan on this, will Denon x500 AV will go good with Pioneer SP-BS22 LR speakers?

Hi HOMI,

just wanted to clear few of my doubts related to denon x500 and 510BT

* I do own a using a HomeSpot Bluetooth Audio Receiver, do you think i can use it in x500?
* As per x500 specification, x500 also gives output of 75 WRMS
* I can see x500 also have a Pre out Subwoofer, can i use this as LFE input to my sub?

Thanks in advance!

get a benefit of Blue tooth and will easily drive ur speakers as the output of this AVR is 70WRMS into 5 channels plus a LFE out for ur Sub.
AYlgpr

Hi HOMI,

just wanted to clear few of my doubts related to denon x500 and 510BT

* I do own a using a HomeSpot Bluetooth Audio Receiver, do you think i can use it in x500?
* As per x500 specification, x500 also gives output of 75 WRMS
* I can see x500 also have a Pre out Subwoofer, can i use this as LFE input to my sub?

Thanks in advance!

Would suggest x510bt if budget is not very less. X510 also has auto calibration and gets 2sub preouts Incase you plan to have one more subwoofer

Below would be my setup
* a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR BS

Would suggest x510bt if budget is not very less. X510 also has auto calibration and gets 2sub preouts Incase you plan to have one more subwoofer

ok i too agree that x510 would be the best choice of receiver.

just one doubt on a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR BS, below is the Pioneer BS22 Specification:

Impedance => 6
RMS Power Range - Amplifiers => 80 watts

was just wondering if Denon x510BT which has 70WRMS can handle 80WRMS speakers? will it not damage receiver itself?

Sound is good according to individual taste. Some may love heavy bass, some may love midrange vocals, some may love highs.

Yamaha / Marantz have very soft sound.
Sony / Pioneer / Denon have very brittle sound.

I strongly suggest while you to take demos, listen to same song/movie clip, and let your ears judge the difference.

Since you are Bangalore, I suggest you take your Pioneer speakers to ProFX, MG Road and demo with various AVRs. They deal with Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer AVRs. Since they are Polk dealers as well, you can connect a sub to demo the complete setup.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back