Need help on choosing iPod Dock with Speakers and RCA output

I'm planning to go to Modern World and check out what they've. I faintly remember seeing some iPod Docks at that place. Will update soon.
@teky, that HK Soundsticks looks amazing but the price is 13k on ebay :(

That's bloody expensive - How about searching some used Active speakers. Else try the docks in the electronic stores - But believe me you will still be left with wanting more. I've heard these Sound Sticks retailing for around 10K as well.

I would suggest the Onkyo Digital Dock and buy a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic or something similar .No matter what speakers you go for ,unless the source is good ,the speakers most likely will not perform.One of the unfortunate problems with the Ipod is that with its onboard DAC its only doable as a source and imho quite bad.Until recently apple disallowed using the digital output ,but that has changed,if you wait a while there might be a lot more docks available in the future that support a digital out ,but for now if you are after SQ then its the Onkyo and an outboard DAC or an amp that accepts a digital input or the expensive but uber cool Wadia.

If you want to build yourself a nice system its always a good idea to spend in phases.But be careful tho ,once your on the upgrade treadmill ,as a lot of us know ,getting off is a bloody task :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back