Need help on Entry level 5.0 speakers

ptgokulrajan

Hello all,

Newbie here. I would like to get some recommendations on an budget 5.0 speakers. My budget is around 25k.
Already have a subwoofer. I have seen a used Mordaunt short avant 5.0 with ms302 satellite and ms304 center being quoted 18k. Is it worth to by this or look around some more on used forums or olx?

Hello all,

Newbie here. I would like to get some recommendations on an budget 5.0 speakers. My budget is around 25k.
Already have a subwoofer. I have seen a used Mordaunt short avant 5.0 with ms302 satellite and ms304 center being quoted 18k. Is it worth to by this or look around some more on used forums or olx?
Speakers may have distortion. But usually they last longer and are more robust than AVRs. Second hand from OLX might work but have them play it. Keep switching from movies to music to games during checking out the demo. If some business party is selling, it may have been worked out or refurbished and may malfunction after a few days. Better to go for normal user who sells.

A little out of your budget but someone is selling Klipsch reference 5.0 satellites on Olx for 38k may be u can research/ enquire on that . Search in 'India'

Mordaunt Short make (or used to make) good loudspeakers. I am not even sure if they are business anymore. That should not be reason to avoid them. They know about sound and to my knowledge, had the backing of Cambridge Audio once upon a time.

Keep in mind these are atleast 17years old (as a model) and put that across to the seller. Either they have their brains in the wrong place or they think everyone around them are fools, to pay 18k for these!

Please visually inspect and listen to the speaker. There should be no damage to the speaker cones or surrounds. I would knock off atleast 40% of the asking price as a starting point for negotiation. If they don't agree, walk away.

I got these satellite speakers from a local company in Mumbai called DNM Enterprises. They were very cheap and decent quality. Full set of 5 speakers will cost you 9k. I use them only for my surrounds. But you can very well use it for all 5 since you have sub. Unfortunately they don't have a reseller in Bangalore.

You can look for similar local vendors or even contact DNM. But you won't be able to get a demo from DNM.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back