Need help to choose AV Receiver for Bose acoustimass 6

if you have not already bought BOSE, please do not buy it. There are much better options available.

Probably you are a BOSE fan!!!
Before you buy, why don't you take a demo of other brands (Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer etc)?
After demo, you still like the BOSE, you can go ahead. You would first need to check with the BOSE representative, what AVR would match for your 6 series. Yamaha, Onkyo are some of the AVR's you can try to match with those BOSE speakers.
Some members here have already given you info. That said, do decide based on your demo. Afterall, all over the net, you would find less (or should we say negative) reviews on BOSE products because of not VFM product! Decision is yours!

As everyone said in the forum, PLEASE dont put your money into Bose HTIB. If you are very much particular try the KEF speaker set which are rated much better than Bose and u will get at a good price. IS there a published spec for Bose speakers ??? What is the cross over ranges ?

The dynamics of those satellites are very narrow. I purchased HTIB because I plan to use them as surrounds later and got a good deal, otherwise it is a waste of money. For music best thing is buy a floor stander or a high end book self and a sub.

hg

Thanks all for the reply!! by looking at all your suggestions and going through the articles, i am kind of going away from Bose.

@sgmane: where can i see the demo of pioneer or yamaha?? i am in bangalore. Most of the stores i go show me either sony or philips :( ..

Thanks In Advance.
Sandeep

@sgmane: where can i see the demo of pioneer or yamaha?? i am in bangalore. Most of the stores i go show me either sony or philips ..

You can access the website of following stores and learn about brands available.

Yamaha - htstore.in

Other brand stores and location

KEF, Polk, Focal Sib - profx.com MG road, phonix mall
Cinebels: Home Theatres, Speakers, Projectors, AV Receivers Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai & Hyderabad - phonix mall
Onkyo -forum value mall whitefield/varthur road
Musicranch - jayanagar
JBL - adjecent to Bose store in forum mall koramangala

In addition to all. you an visit www.hifimart.com to see/buy ht package offering.

@sgmane: where can i see the demo of pioneer or yamaha?? i am in bangalore. Most of the stores i go show me either sony or philips ..

You can check here
DNI Home Theatre (Alex 09845283741)
Pro Audiotronics - 41529090 - Gem Plaza, Infantry Road are retailers for Pioneer electronics

For Yamaha - Music Ranch, Vector Systems. You can check here Dealer Locator - India

Hi Sandeep,

Most of the people in the forum dont like BOSE as they are overpriced and overrated. I have a Bose -301 speakers. They are good and laid back but for a price of 19k, they might be a bit costly when compared to equally good speakers like Kef or Energy.

So, before jumping into a decision - take a CD/pen drive with your fav songs to Bose showroom-have it auditioned. Check the amplifier used with accoustimass there. Mostly poeple say Yamaha gels best with Bose. My experience is also good. I use Yamaha -AS500 integrated amplifier with Bose 301 and they sound a wonderful combo.

Regards,
Antony

"Bose:clapping: the triumph of marketing over intelligence" My first speaker was a BOSE AM6 I remember my frnds coming to my home saying Awww... Bose they must be awesome all these made me so proud like myself owning a ferrari but the day I went out and heard other options I felt like a cheated donkey.

Last edited:
Hi Sandeep,

Most of the people in the forum dont like BOSE as they are overpriced and overrated. I have a Bose -301 speakers. They are good and laid back but for a price of 19k, they might be a bit costly when compared to equally good speakers like Kef or Energy.

So, before jumping into a decision - take a CD/pen drive with your fav songs to Bose showroom-have it auditioned. Check the amplifier used with accoustimass there. Mostly poeple say Yamaha gels best with Bose. My experience is also good. I use Yamaha -AS500 integrated amplifier with Bose 301 and they sound a wonderful combo.

Regards,
Antony

sandeepvj,
I have auditioned the accoustimass 6 series 3 speakers at Bose store.
The amplifier used there was Marantz make ( do not know the model number)
Excellent performance. Please do not get biased by Bose haters on the forum.
If you like the sound quality, then go ahead. Please dont get entagled in specifications etc. Believe in your ears and take decision.

Reliance digital will give u a demo of both Yamaha and Pioneer. And bose are over priced for their performance its just because it german ;-)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back