Need help to chose the setup for my first HT

Newbie12

Hi All,

I am interested in converting a small 10'x10' room into my first HT (simple 5.1 setup). I will use it mostly for watching movies and console gaming. I am new to this scene so I have a very limited technical knowledge. I am looking to built something that will not require an upgradation for the 5-6 years, but do not want to spend a bomb on it. I have been doing some research for the past 4-5 months and have shortlisted the following speakers:

JBL (A130 for front left and right, A125C for center, a pair of Control One for surround) OR Polk (S15 for front left and right, S30 for center, S10 for surround)

It would be helpful if any of you can provide insight on the following:

a) Is the above choice correct? If not, what could be a better option in the similar price range?
b) I have read that it is better to have all channel speaker from the same brand. It is actually correct or we can mix and match?
c) What will be the good AV receiver to power the setup? I am a bit confused between Yamaha V4A and Denon x550BT. Can I get something better in similar budget?
d) What are the some online stores through which I can order this stuff?

Thanks.!!

Hi All,

I am interested in converting a small 10'x10' room into my first HT (simple 5.1 setup). I will use it mostly for watching movies and console gaming. I am new to this scene so I have a very limited technical knowledge. I am looking to built something that will not require an upgradation for the 5-6 years, but do not want to spend a bomb on it. I have been doing some research for the past 4-5 months and have shortlisted the following speakers:

JBL (A130 for front left and right, A125C for center, a pair of Control One for surround) OR Polk (S15 for front left and right, S30 for center, S10 for surround)

It would be helpful if any of you can provide insight on the following:

a) Is the above choice correct? If not, what could be a better option in the similar price range?
b) I have read that it is better to have all channel speaker from the same brand. It is actually correct or we can mix and match?
c) What will be the good AV receiver to power the setup? I am a bit confused between Yamaha V4A and Denon x550BT. Can I get something better in similar budget?
d) What are the some online stores through which I can order this stuff?

Thanks.!!
Starter kit

The package Lizard King suggested is a great one.
What is your budget? Everything revolves around the budget you have.

Trust me, once the home theater bug bites you, you want everything to be good.

Can advice, start with a good AV receiver with 2.1 or 2 speakers if you have a tight budget. And upgrade speakers slowly.

Give us an idea of your budget. That can help us to give you suggestions.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back