Need help to decide surround speakers for HT

niftianmadhur

Hi everyone, I am planning to build a 5.1 system in my Hall and I have already set up a 2.1. Now I have to add the surround. Now, the design of my Hall and placement of my HT is such that I can not place the surrounds on my side walls. The distance between seating area and right side wall is 2 feet but the distance between left side and seating area is 5-6 feet. Due to this, I was thinking of placing the surrounds over the seating area on the ceiling. Is it a good idea, Also, to make it cosmetically good looking, I was planning to use in ceiling speakers as surrounds. Please advice me if I can take this route. Also, please advice which ceiling speakers I should go with. My budget is around 10-15K for surrounds. Thanks in advance.

uneven distance from walls to listening area should be a problem until you are comfortable installing speakers on the side walls. Audyssey Room correction should be able to take care of that. Surrounds on ceiling doesn't sound quite right.

If given the option, I will prefer installing on the ceiling but not at the cost of compromised sound. In case I have to place on the side walls, can I keep it at a height of around 8 feet? Also, I will need long running wire of around 50-60 feet. Which wire I cud go for?

I will need long running wire of around 50-60 feet. Which wire I cud go for?
You should go for 14awg ofc wire to be safer side, brand depends on your budget.
Recently i bought 14awg ofc Amazon basics, i found them value for money available in 100 & 200 ft. Option.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back