Need help to select a pair of towers for Stereo

SVS is a very good option liked them but could not buy due high price in India will try to buy in future.
I did consider SVS Pinnacle based on the reviews it received but eventually dropped it as all SVS products are overpriced in India.

Hi james, which sonus faber did you try out. Also, could you mention the chain that you tried with the evo?
Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 and Sonus Faber Venere 2.5. 3.0 had more mid range punch than 2.5, other than this it sounded same.
There are many dealers available in bangalore for sonus faber. You may try auditioning them.

If you are looking for very bright sound then these are not the right speakers for you. They will sound sweeter with balanced sound & have more mid range.

Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 and Sonus Faber Venere 2.5. 3.0 had more mid range punch than 2.5, other than this it sounded same.
There are many dealers available in bangalore for sonus faber. You may try auditioning them.

If you are looking for very bright sound then these are not the right speakers for you. They will sound sweeter with balanced sound & have more mid range.
To get an understanding of your point of reference regarding very bright sound, can you tell us which speakers in your experience were bright sounding? Could you also mention the chain used with the evos?

To get an understanding of your point of reference regarding very bright sound, can you tell us which speakers in your experience were bright sounding? Could you also mention the chain used with the evos?
For me ELAC , KEF , POLK audio are very bright sounding to me. Their highs are very bright so it overlaps mid range. Though it sounds nice for some vocals. Hearing these speakers for long time causes some side effects to me :( :( like ringing in the ears.

Do not remember the setup of evos , it was paired up with denon receiver that time i think.

Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 is way out of budget. But AVStore.in has it listed at 100k discount. Sounds like a tempting deal

Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 is way out of budget. But AVStore.in has it listed at 100k discount. Sounds like a tempting deal
Yes its a good deal then. Try audition the speaker before proceeding.
Also check with dealers , you may get better price.
Audio world reality is even the best speaker in the world may not sound good to all :):)

Yes its a good deal then. Try audition the speaker before proceeding.
Also check with dealers , you may get better price.
Audio world reality is even the best speaker in the world may not sound good to all :):)
Do you know where I can get audition them in Bangalore? Thanks.

For me ELAC , KEF , POLK audio are very bright sounding to me. Their highs are very bright so it overlaps mid range. Though it sounds nice for some vocals. Hearing these speakers for long time causes some side effects to me :( :( like ringing in the ears.

Do not remember the setup of evos , it was paired up with denon receiver that time i think.
Thanks. That gives us a point of reference. :)

For reference, i don't find KEF or Polk or Elac bright at the slightest. :p

Thanks. That gives us a point of reference. :)

For reference, i don't find KEF or Polk or Elac bright at the slightest. :p
I listen a lot to Polk S60 towers. Their top end is very lively, some may consider it bright though. I don't. But their mid range is certainly far from being smooth. So the overall presentation can come across as bright.

I think I can now understand why you don't like Evo's :)
In fact, i find the quad and the q acoustics concept slightly brighter than the KEF Q350 (not the Evos though i think my Boston acoustics A26 match them in that respect). o_O

Perhaps because I started out with an Altec Lansing MX5021 and Sony MuTeKi (both horn speakers)??? :p

Last edited:
I think I can now understand why you don't like Evo's :)
In fact, it'd be a good change i think. Since you're used to what may be considered as bright speakers (focals are usually considered very bright from what I've seen amongst FMs, never polk though but since you consider them bright...), the Evos are very different i.e. laid-back with a very neutral inoffensive-under-all-circumstances top end and it'll be a good change of pace. Instead of going with the familiar, sample something different this time?

I listen a lot to Polk S60 towers. Their top end is very lively, some may consider it bright though. I don't. But their mid range is certainly far from being smooth. So the overall presentation can come across as bright.
But yes, i think you've best described it. It's "lively". :) my next speakers will definitely be B&W or Klipsch

In fact, i find the quad and the q acoustics concept slightly brighter than the KEF Q350 (not the Evos though i think my Boston acoustics A26 match them in that respect). o_O

Perhaps because I started out with an Altec Lansing MX5021 and Sony MuTeKi (both horn speakers)??? :p

I once had quad s2 and kef q350 In my home. i found quad better sounding. Kef with its aluminium tweeter sounded unnatural and bright to me. If you like vocals and naturalness, you won’t find better speaker than quad in that price.

I once had quad s2 and kef q350 In my home. i found quad better sounding. Kef with its aluminium tweeter sounded unnatural and bright to me. If you like vocals and naturalness, you won’t find better speaker than quad in that price.
Very interesting experiences coming forth. No two persons perception of a speaker is the same. I think it's a testament to the fact that audition is the way to go. :D

On another note, the quad is objectively the better speaker for sure. What it achieves is laudable at the price point IMHO. It's a true audiophile speaker! however, for non-audiophiles, I've found them preferring the KEF sound more on first listen.

In fact, it'd be a good change i think. Since you're used to what may be considered as bright speakers (focals are usually considered very bright from what I've seen amongst FMs, never polk though but since you consider them bright...), the Evos are very different i.e. laid-back with a very neutral inoffensive-under-all-circumstances top end and it'll be a good change of pace. Instead of going with the familiar, sample something different this time?
Yes, many professional and YouTube reviewers say Focals are bright. The guy who runs Zero Fidelity YTC always refers to Focals when he talks about bright speakers.

But I find Aria 926 to be perfectly balanced, in fact slightly warm sounding. May be my definition of warm vs bright is completely off. I am worried that I may not like Evos if I take the plunge without audition.

From what I read so far, Quad S5's sound signature seem closer to Arias. Also reviews of Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 seem good. 100k discount makes them even more appealing.

Yes, many professional and YouTube reviewers say Focals are bright. The guy who runs Zero Fidelity YTC always refers to Focals when he talks about bright speakers.

But I find Aria 926 to be perfectly balanced, in fact slightly warm sounding. May be my definition of warm vs bright is completely off. I am worried that I may not like Evos if I take the plunge without audition.

From what I read so far, Quad S5's sound signature seem closer to Arias. Also reviews of Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 seem good. 100k discount makes them even more appealing.
Time to plan a trip to Mumbai

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Evos. But I appreciate the other two more. So according to my experience, I'd recommend the other two over the Evos. For somebody else, the Evos may indeed trump the other two.

last version of the Ford Fiesta

Which version? I had the original Ford Fiesta (the first that got launched in India), the top end diesel variant. The speakers/music system it came were sublime - very natural and engaging. I used to stay back in the parking lot listening to songs or even go to vantage points where I/we could park and listen.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back