Need help to setup HT:AV Receiver + 5.1 Speakers:Rs 1.5Lakhs budget

periyar

Hi,

Glad to be part of this wonderful forum.

I am planning to setup a home theatre. I am looking out for a decent AV receiver (with 1080p upscaling capabilities) and 5.1 Channel speakers (Front:2 Floor standing + Back-surround: 2 Bookshelf + 1 Center speaker + an Active Subwoofer) setup. My budget will be around Rs 1.5 Lakhs and I can stretch a little if there's any irresistable offers :).

My living room dimension is 13 ft x 11 ft. I will use this to watch movies as well as listen to music.

Any suggestion would be welcome. I live in Bangalore, India. I'd would be grateful if anyone can point me what and where to look for.

Thanks.

Last edited:
2 things you may want to consider:

- Upscaling is not the primary function of AVRs and their results will not be as good as, say an upscaling Oppo DVDP. The AVRs with decent upscaling may not be good VFM, assuming that you want to spend more of your moolah on speakers and less on AVR.
- Upscaled SD content may not be better than the original, depending on the upscaler and the display.

I am sure you will get a lot of suggestions from the members on AVR+Speaker combinations. Being in Blre and with your budget, you will have lot of options, be patient and take it easy... All the best!!!

Dear Periyar,

Welcome to the forum.

For your home theater, you may need to budget for the following besides the speakers and AVR
1. Source - If you have a large DVD selection look at buying a good quality upscaling DVD (Pio 610/Oppo 983 or similar)
2. Interconnects - You may budget 5-10k for this
3. Display (since you have not mentioned, I presume you have it, but just in case).

For the AVR as mentioned by skumar, upscaling is not a forte, but HDMI might be useful atleast in simplifying the interconnect. For primary movie watching
Yamaha, Onkyo and Denon would be good buys. Check out the Yamaha 863 and 663 (there are enough posts in this forum on these two, so do you research)
For the speakers, there is a huge world of them, so it would be good if you can do a bit of search on the forum, shortlist the top 5 and then start the auditioning yourself. Use the forum as a guide and not a solution as tastes differ a lot.

There are lots of stores you can audition in Bangalore, but it would be better to do your research first.

Regards,
Sudhir

Re: Need help with setting up HT:AV Receiver + 5.1 Speakers:Rs 1.5Lakhs budget

Hi,

Glad to be part of this wonderful forum.

I am planning to setup a home theatre. I am looking out for a decent AV receiver (with 1080p upscaling capabilities) and 5.1 Channel speakers (Front:2 Floor standing + Back-surround: 2 Bookshelf + 1 Center speaker + an Active Subwoofer) setup. My budget will be around Rs 1.5 Lakhs and I can stretch a little if there's any irresistable offers :).

My living room dimension is 13 ft x 11 ft. I will use this to watch movies as well as listen to music.

Any suggestion would be welcome. I live in Bangalore, India. I'd would be grateful if anyone can point me what and where to look for.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

For ur budget and location, u have too many options. Go and audition diff AVR+Speakers urself and trust ur ears. We have so many members from bangalore, who might help u audition various options.

I will suggest u a couple of trustworthy options.

AVR Yamaha663/Denon 1909

Speakers :
1. Wharfe(9.6 FS+PCM Center+9DFS Surround+9.1 Surround Back+Sum SW150).
2. Mission (m35I FS+m3C2i Center+m3DSi Surround+m31i Surrround Back+m3AS Sub)

With ne combo from this, u can not go wrong.

You could also go thru the thread started by member "jacobinasu", his budget is 1L, but you could gather a lot of info. from that thread.

Hey Buddy

Kindly Consider the following Packages...

1). Q Acoustics
Speakers - Q Acoustics (1050i + 1020i + 1000ci + 1000si)
Amplifier - Denon - 1910 (BlueRay Compatible w 90w @ 8Ohms)
DVD Player - Pioneer - DV610 - 1080 Upscaling...
Cables - Speaker Cables + Mounts + Subwoofer Cables + Others
MRP - Rs.1,53,000

2). Usher
Speakers - Usher (x-718 + S-520 + S-525 + SW-103)
Amplifier - Denon - 1910 (BlueRay Compatible w 90w @ 8 Ohms)
DVD Player - Cambridge Audio - DV99
Cables - Speaker Cables + Mounts + Subwoofer Cables + Others
MRP - Rs.2,23,000

As others said above, its much better to go in for a nice DVD Upscaler, than looking in for a Upscaler in an Amp, though these dayz most of the mid range amps comes tagged along with the upscalers.

The above two packages do real justice for there price.

You can consider them ofcoarse with a demo.

Do let me know, if you need demo for any of the same...

hello, I am new here. i am also planning to buy a home theater setup basically av receiver and speker setup my budget is 170k; 2 lakh(upper limit) so far i am thinking of getting onkyo 706 withj klipsch rf62. also considering marantz 6003 I am bit confused please help

i will be using setup for watching tv and movies 80% and 20 % for music. also planning to get ps3. need advice that will it better to get ps3 than blue ray player. i heard that output from ps3 is pcm type so wont be able to use audio features of reveirs?

i will be using setup for watching tv and movies 80% and 20 % for music. also planning to get ps3. need advice that will it better to get ps3 than blue ray player. i heard that output from ps3 is pcm type so wont be able to use audio features of reveirs?

Hey Akshya

Can we know in your location plz...???

Anyways, the above package of Usher should do good for you, in the above pricing i have jsut not included the stands for the front speakers, tht will be Rs.25K extra...
anyways..
wtever you are looking in, dont think of Onkyo and Klipsch, there are number products better then these...

And yes you can use PS3, as BlueRay Player...
The new BlueRay players are coming up with HDMI Out, so that your complete AV can be transfered to your Amplifier...

thanx for replying
I am from delhi. and planning to get a home theater for last 2 months. initially was looking for bose v20 or v30. but didnt find them great. so demoed some other brands like jamo, B&w, and as for recevers i thot feature onkyo offering me at 46 k (706) like thx etc are not available with marantz. and more i have also seen theres much of bargaing so not sure which system shold i go for where should i go for buying
My room is 14 foot X 28 and have got samsung 650 b 46

thanx for replying
I am from delhi. and planning to get a home theater for last 2 months. initially was looking for bose v20 or v30. but didnt find them great. so demoed some other brands like jamo, B&w, and as for recevers i thot feature onkyo offering me at 46 k (706) like thx etc are not available with marantz. and more i have also seen theres much of bargaing so not sure which system shold i go for where should i go for buying
My room is 14 foot X 28 and have got samsung 650 b 46

Akshya

I have few of my dealers in Delhi, where i can provide you the demo for Q Acoustics...and this time when i am flying down to Delhi, maybe by this weekend, we will be arranging Demo for Usher Speakers, for 2-3 dayz, at that time i can provide you demo for the same as well.

So, you take in the demo, and then i am sure it will be easy for you to decide...

You can contact us in for more details...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back