Need help using android device (DAP/Mobile) as Wireless streamer

fLUX

Hi FMs,

I want to understand if its possible to steam Tidal/Spotify/Qobuz/UAPP using any all-in-one android application like (UAPP/Roon) which is cost effective. I have a Hiby R6 Pro with Optical outputs,Lineout and other functionalities and want to see if it can be leveraged as a network streamer. While I can use it as a bluetooth transmitter but would prefer direct streaming using mobile phone as a remote application

I know for sure you can't do it using Roon. If you have another Android device, you can install the Hiby app on it and use the Hiby Link feature to play local files on the R6 wirelessly. But you cannot stream music from services such as Spotify or Tidal. I am not aware if UAPP has a Hiby Link like feature that allows you to stream from services.

Also, the quality of R6 Pro's Line Out is meh. Better to use its digital out to feed a good external DAC.

@EagleWings I found out the lineout to be almost at par with the SMSL SU-8 , maybe compared to better DAC's it might be not that good. Was wondering if there is any all in one solution with nominal subscription cost which allows me to do this easily,
Currently I use Hiby Link which again is slightly buggy and keeps losing connection, Spotify I am able to stream by first starting on the DAP and then it shows up as a device on my mobile and i can control the playback. Tidal I need to get up and move each time i need to change the song.
Looks like i will need to go for a good network streaming with pre anytime i venture into the poweramp area , Hiby might just not cut it.

Back