Need Help with a Subwoofer

samson

Hi,

I am looking for some help with the Sub woofer for my system. I currently have a Onkyo 605 and 2 Dali Concept 6 as the floor standing front speakers. I also have a pair of Dali Concept 1 back speakers. I am also using a ELac Centre speaker. Whar is the best Subwoofer that will go with this combination.

I also have a Cambridge audio Azur 540A and was planning to use it for the subwoofer as an additional amplifier. Someone suggested me that it is not required when I have an AVR. Kindly clarify if it is required or not for a sub.

Sambit

Hi,

I am looking for some help with the Sub woofer for my system. I currently have a Onkyo 605 and 2 Dali Concept 6 as the floor standing front speakers. I also have a pair of Dali Concept 1 back speakers. I am also using a ELac Centre speaker. Whar is the best Subwoofer that will go with this combination.

I also have a Cambridge audio Azur 540A and was planning to use it for the subwoofer as an additional amplifier. Someone suggested me that it is not required when I have an AVR. Kindly clarify if it is required or not for a sub.

Sambit

Hi Samsung!!

You have good AVR and speakers. What I don't understand is Elac as centre speaker?????
IMHO centre speaker plays pivotal role in HT and should always be matching to the fronts. The surrounds and the sub can be of a different make- no prob.

I suggest you first get rid of the Elac and buy a matching Dali concept center speaker.

Now coming to your Sub-woofer query. Why do you need a CA540A to power your Sub? These days most of the subs available in market are active- hence, you won't need a CA540 for woofer. Just use the sub-woofer pre-out jack on the back of your onkyo 605 and you are done.

If Onkyo 605 had pre-outs for other channels than you could have made use of your CA540A for the front speakers and reduce the load of your AVR.

Sumit

Hi,

Sambit

Since you have flrstds, sub is not needed.
Still a powerful Sub can add some extra punch.Dont forget ,budget sub may not do justice.

Hi,

Sambit

You can try PSB Subsonic 5i. musical sub, bass is tight, value for money. this should be decent for a room of ~400 sq ft. obviously there are better ones for slightly more $$ - Hsu, Velodyne, Paradigm etc. what is your budget, room size and listening preference (movies : music)?

As others mentioned, most subs have built in amplifiers, you don't need external amplification.

Hi,

Sambit

Hi

How big is your room and what you listen to specifically as some subs are made for HT while otehrs are more generic and some are for music predominantly.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back