Need help with my Denon 2310

venk61176

Friends,

My current setup

AV Receiver Denon 2310, Oppo BDP 83 player, Sony DVD Upscale for local region playback and Energy Take 5(4 Sat, 1 Center), Premier Acoustic 12A titanium Sub.

My Sub is very much underutilized as it shakes up the whole floor and doors.
I have increased crossover to 110 hz to hide the sub

Now I am planning to add MS RS6 floor stander or Usher for Stereo Playback. While I like the Energy sound for Movies.

The options I have

1) I can add MA RS6 or Usher 718 as Front A or Front B and bi amplify using 2 unused surrond output
2) Or add them as part of Zone 2 out put and I am not sure whether I can bi amplify.

Now the question here is

1) I want to use Energy during movie and MS RS6 or Usher 718for Stereo playback.

The main confusion here is 105watts/channel of Denon will it be shared between A and B or it is cumulative.

Is there anyway to configure speaker outputs for specific source inputs, such that Receiver will automatically output A or B depending on my input DVD vs CD

Note: Are there any - v impact of amplifier or speaker blow off with this kind of configuration

Any help on speaker price will be helpful

Thanks
Venkat

1) I can add MA RS6 or Usher 718 as Front A or Front B and bi amplify using 2 unused surrond output

You cannot use surround output for bi-amping. You have to use surround back or surround rear output.

The main confusion here is 105watts/channel of Denon will it be shared between A and B or it is cumulative.

In stereo mode, you cannot use both A & B at the same time. It is one of the two. Alternatively, if you have an independent source, Zone A can be used in 5.1 mode and Zone B in Stereo mode, both at the same time. You have to assign and input a separate source for Zone B.

Is there anyway to configure speaker outputs for specific source inputs, such that Receiver will automatically output A or B depending on my input DVD vs CD

As I said before the amp can handle a total of 8 channels. This is either all 8 channels from the same source or 6 channels from one source and another two channel from another source. This assignment can be done.

Note: Are there any - v impact of amplifier or speaker blow off with this kind of configuration

As long as you make the connection properly and do not push the amp, nothing will happen.

Cheers

Hi,

May be I dont understand it clearly. Are you saying Denon can only be used in 5.1 + Zone2 or as 7.1 setup.

Any specific reason why they have provided Front A and Front B option

Thanks
Venkat

Yes that is the capability of the AVR.

The Front A&B have been provided to have two sets of speakers (one in a different) and wire them permanently to the receiver.

Cheers

Dear Venkatcr - I've got a question (pardon me if it sounds stupid!). I for some reason find that driving a pair of spkrs (Wharf 9.2) with a 90wpc AVR and a stereo amp of the similar wattage sound quite different. The stereo amp gives a perception that it's capable of driving the spkrs far more harder and sounds pronouncedly more clear with the source and wiring being the same b/w the two.
I'm comparing te Yamaha HTR-6160 vs Yamaha RX-797 with Wharf-9.2
PS: Sorry for interupting this discussion thread here.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back