Need help with my setup

Insatiable

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and really appreciate all the posts/information provided here. You guys are amazing!

I'm planning to setup a HT in 1.5 lac budget. Have decided on denon 2700h yet. Please do advise on 5.1 speakers along with it (room size 13 x 16 feet).
Please also help me share contacts of few dealers in Gurgaon /delhi who can help me in this process.

Thanks in advance!!!

Assuming the Denon 2700 is costing you around 70k, you should allocate the major portion of the remaining 80k for decent LCR and opt for pre-owned surround speakers at a lower cost. Investment for speakers mainly the LCRs should be planned for longer term as they will last for decades and does not get outdated. So audition a few different brands at the dealer places and go for the LCR speakers that you personally like the most. In case you are inclined towards Floor standing speakers, you could also defer the purchasing of a active Sub for later and spend more on the LCR.

Good luck!

Assuming the Denon 2700 is costing you around 70k, you should allocate the major portion of the remaining 80k for decent LCR and opt for pre-owned surround speakers at a lower cost. Investment for speakers mainly the LCRs should be planned for longer term as they will last for decades and does not get outdated. So audition a few different brands at the dealer places and go for the LCR speakers that you personally like the most. In case you are inclined towards Floor standing speakers, you could also defer the purchasing of a active Sub for later and spend more on the LCR.

Good luck!
Appreciate your reply! Please do suggest some good dealers, in NCR, if you know of..

Assuming you have 80-90k of your budget left post X2700H purchase. There are two ways you can go about it , go slowly getting a 3.0 or 3.1 setup to start with , add surrounds followed by ceiling speakers or as you mentioned get a 5.1 setup first which might need a little budget extension just because of the sub. I would suggest the below alternatives

i) Front speakers - QAcoustics 3020i ( ~25k discounted) , Dali Oberon 1 (~35K discounted) , IndiQ Platinum Mishra (~34k MRP)/ IndiQ Custom LCRs , Elac Debut 5.2 . Out of these I am not too ken on Elac's especially for movies and my personal preference would be IndiQ Custom LCR/Qacoustics 3020i . However best to audition and then take a call instead of relying on my or any other forum members opinion entirely

ii) Center speakers - Depending on what you go for above - QAcoustics 3090i (~15-17k) , Dali Oberon Vokal (~33k), Universal Aakar (~17k) , Elac Center (~25k) . Best to buy the same brand and preferably same series too.

Considering you have spent about 50k of your budget on fronts + center. That leaves you with need for a subwoofer and surrounds, options suggested would go beyond your remaining budget but will be worthwhile long term

iii) Subwoofer - Important to get a sub which has clean and deep bass , extends low to enjoy the desired rumblings during explosions , bullet shots and normal LFE induced scenes otherwise. I would suggest to go as far as possible for a good sub
~ 30k budget - Yamaha NSW300, TAGA SW 212 , ELAC Debut S10.2, Polk HTS 10 etc . These subs are decent and can be considered if on extremely tight budget, but other a no go and would recommend to look at upto 50k
~ 50k budget - Qacoustics QB12, SVS PB1000 (I believe this is much more costlier now) , BIC America PL200 II , Polk HTS12 . These subs dig deep enough and are good , would suggest to consider these over the 30k subs if possible
Please note that you can go for any brand here , not neccesary to match with speaker/center brand even if dealers suggest otherwise.

iv) Surrounds - Nothing particular , you can get anything in a budget of 10-15k here , not neccesary to match with other speaker brands. Can go for Taga 806.

Assuming you have 80-90k of your budget left post X2700H purchase. There are two ways you can go about it , go slowly getting a 3.0 or 3.1 setup to start with , add surrounds followed by ceiling speakers or as you mentioned get a 5.1 setup first which might need a little budget extension just because of the sub. I would suggest the below alternatives

i) Front speakers - QAcoustics 3020i ( ~25k discounted) , Dali Oberon 1 (~35K discounted) , IndiQ Platinum Mishra (~34k MRP)/ IndiQ Custom LCRs , Elac Debut 5.2 . Out of these I am not too ken on Elac's especially for movies and my personal preference would be IndiQ Custom LCR/Qacoustics 3020i . However best to audition and then take a call instead of relying on my or any other forum members opinion entirely

ii) Center speakers - Depending on what you go for above - QAcoustics 3090i (~15-17k) , Dali Oberon Vokal (~33k), Universal Aakar (~17k) , Elac Center (~25k) . Best to buy the same brand and preferably same series too.

Considering you have spent about 50k of your budget on fronts + center. That leaves you with need for a subwoofer and surrounds, options suggested would go beyond your remaining budget but will be worthwhile long term

iii) Subwoofer - Important to get a sub which has clean and deep bass , extends low to enjoy the desired rumblings during explosions , bullet shots and normal LFE induced scenes otherwise. I would suggest to go as far as possible for a good sub
~ 30k budget - Yamaha NSW300, TAGA SW 212 , ELAC Debut S10.2, Polk HTS 10 etc . These subs are decent and can be considered if on extremely tight budget, but other a no go and would recommend to look at upto 50k
~ 50k budget - Qacoustics QB12, SVS PB1000 (I believe this is much more costlier now) , BIC America PL200 II , Polk HTS12 . These subs dig deep enough and are good , would suggest to consider these over the 30k subs if possible
Please note that you can go for any brand here , not neccesary to match with speaker/center brand even if dealers suggest otherwise.

iv) Surrounds - Nothing particular , you can get anything in a budget of 10-15k here , not neccesary to match with other speaker brands. Can go for Taga 806.
Between QAcoustics and Indiq ,which are better overall and specially for music ?

Since you are from bangalore.you can easily audition them.my experience with their platinum achal is excellent.you have wide variety to choose from their store depending on your budget diamond Mishra's are kot selling ones

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back