Need help with speaker upgrade for Yamaha HTR 2067

dextrostar

Hi,
I have been using the Yamaha yht 1810 which has HTR 2067 AVR.
I was pretty happy with the purchase but always knew that stock speakers doesn't do justice to the full capability of the receiver.
So after a lot of looking through the forum undecided to get the Boston acoustics CS 260 II floorstanding speakers so as to upgrade the front speakers.
Even though the BA ones are @8ohms whereas the receiver can drive up to 6ohms I proceeded with the upgrade based on what I read. That it's easier for a lower impedence receiver to drive a speaker with higher impedence.
Please help clarify if that is the case and that if I can safely use the 8ohms BA floorstanding ones along with the stock Yamaha center and surrounding speakers without any issues.

Thanks

IMO.You have to take additional precaution if you are planning for 4 or less than 4ohm speakers.
But your case CS260 is somewhat ok driving with your AVR.afaik The AVR model you have mentioned can drive bookshelf effectively compared to floor stander.

Thanks Praveen and Kalyan. Just setup and tried the speakers. Loved the difference between the stock front speakers and BA.
Will upgrade the center with BA as well. Would it be okay to go for Mcenter model or should I stick to CS series of Boston acoustics.

Thanks Praveen and Kalyan. Just setup and tried the speakers. Loved the difference between the stock front speakers and BA.
Will upgrade the center with BA as well. Would it be okay to go for Mcenter model or should I stick to CS series of Boston acoustics.

Remember the Center speaker is the heart of the HT system and does almost 60-80 work in terms of dialogue delivery etc along with the sub. The fronts and surrounds come active for certain parts of the movie ...action scenes etc etc.

Ensure the speaker you choose for the center can deliver maximum frequencies between the EQ spectrum of 20hz to 20khz....the sensitivity / SPL should be more than 88db....90/91db would be ideal.... most center speakers are 2 way type....if 3 way available...nothing like it....better performance.......you can use same brand or if you get another brand with all good specs.....take the plunge....but audition the same with a familiar scene so you understand its performance

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back