Need help with TV and Soundbar setup.

sid3091

Hey guys,

I've got a Sony X9000H and a Samsung HWR 650/XL soundbar to go along with it. My issue with it is that for most apps on the TV itself, the volume seems to be quite low when audio output from the source (Netflix, Hotstar etc.) is set to 5.1. It's somewhat better if i choose regular output from the app settings, but the mids seem quite recessed. The volume is better when playing the same content through xbox, but still not great. What's weird is I was getting excellent audio when the soundbar was connected to my old VU premium android TV :eek:, which makes me believe that there is some issue in how I have set up the soundbar to the tv.

Currently I have connected to the TV via optical audio. What do i need to do get a better sound output? Are there any Sony specific settings that I need to tweak or something?

Also- A little unrelated, but I was looking to purchase the Samsung SWA-8500 surround sound expansion, but it doesn't seem available on any Indian site, and importing it costs as much as a new soundbar (20-22k)

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I've got a Sony X9000H and a Samsung HWR 650/XL soundbar to go along with it. My issue with it is that for most apps on the TV itself, the volume seems to be quite low when audio output from the source (Netflix, Hotstar etc.) is set to 5.1. It's somewhat better if i choose regular output from the app settings, but the mids seem quite recessed. The volume is better when playing the same content through xbox, but still not great. What's weird is I was getting excellent audio when the soundbar was connected to my old VU premium android TV :eek:, which makes me believe that there is some issue in how I have set up the soundbar to the tv.

Currently I have connected to the TV via optical audio. What do i need to do get a better sound output? Are there any Sony specific settings that I need to tweak or something?

Also- A little unrelated, but I was looking to purchase the Samsung SWA-8500 surround sound expansion, but it doesn't seem available on any Indian site, and importing it costs as much as a new soundbar (20-22k)

Thanks in advance!
See if there is Input sound settings under advanced sound settings. Change it to standard from compressed or vice versa (I forgot which is which). If it doesn't then you need to press the switch on button for 5 to 10 secs and it will restart and sometimes the magic works that way.

See if there is Input sound settings under advanced sound settings. Change it to standard from compressed or vice versa (I forgot which is which). If it doesn't then you need to press the switch on button for 5 to 10 secs and it will restart and sometimes the magic works that way.
What switch on button are you referring to? I'm a little confused.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back