Need Home Theater setup guidance...

goldtau

Hi Team,
This is my first ever post on this forum, need some help from audiophiles ...
I'm looking for Home theater system may or may not be HTiB..
Connections to be made with it
- to play Games (PS3) (50 % viewing)
- Movies (WDTV) (40 % viewing)
- Tata Sky HD + (10 % viewing)
these all need to connected to Panansonic Plasma V20 50 Inches.

Room Size --- 18Ft by 12 ft (rectangular in shape)

Budget Allocated to this setup 60K.. +/- 10%

I have gone thru JBl ( HK AVR 134 + 5.1 Speaker system .. http://www.indiajbl.com/HomeAudioDesc.aspx?ID=166 ) , didn't like the build quality and downfiring Subwoofer didn't gave me thump that i'm looking for.
Saw Onkyo THX certified 7.2 but from this forum i understand onkyo speakers are not that good. (http://onkyoindia.com/products/index.htm)
I'm pretty open to individual setups (diff AVR and diff Speakers)..
Same time is it possible to connect two Sub-woofer to a AVR . .
Please refer me some dedicated shops who can help me to setup and guide me further.

thanks alot in advance... :)

Last edited:
You are right, instead of the above system suggest to demo the below:

AVR : Marantz / Denon / Onkyo
5.1 Speakers : wharfedale, polk audio, jamo, paradigm, boston acoustics, etc.......

Try to listen to as many systems as possible. Also remember speakers sound different with different AVR's. You need to also bear in mind the sound signature for speakers and the AVR. Warmer speakers go well with brighter receivers and vice versa. eg Denon AVR(warm) pairs well with polk audio speakers(bright).

Have patience and take your time. In the end you want to make the best decision.
All the best!!!

r

Hi Team,
This is my first ever post on this forum, need some help from audiophiles ...
I'm looking for Home theater system may or may not be HTiB..
Connections to be made with it
- to play Games (PS3) (50 % viewing)
- Movies (WDTV) (40 % viewing)
- Tata Sky HD + (10 % viewing)
these all need to connected to Panansonic Plasma V20 50 Inches.

Room Size --- 18Ft by 12 ft (rectangular in shape)

Budget Allocated to this setup 60K.. +/- 10%

I have gone thru JBl ( HK AVR 134 + 5.1 Speaker system .. JBL CINESYSTEM 500 ) , didn't like the build quality and downfiring Subwoofer didn't gave me thump that i'm looking for.
Saw Onkyo THX certified 7.2 but from this forum i understand onkyo speakers are not that good. (ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA)
I'm pretty open to individual setups (diff AVR and diff Speakers)..
Same time is it possible to connect two Sub-woofer to a AVR . .
Please refer me some dedicated shops who can help me to setup and guide me further.

thanks alot in advance... :)

Hi,
I am also looking for a HTS within 60k.I have shorlisted :-
1)Denon AVR 1713
2)Polk Audio TL1600
These two make a gr8 pair.There are lots of good reviews about them..Hope it helps

Yes the above mentioned Denon 1713 and Polk TL1600 do go well, Denon always fared well with Polk, Boston Acoustics (BA), BA sound ware XS 5.1 has also received excellent reviews for its form factor and output, but compared to Polk would fall a little less.

Also equally or better than TL1600 are Pioneer Sp-k21bs and energy take classic which are top rated in the same price range as TL1600

Saw Onkyo THX certified 7.2 but from this forum i understand onkyo speakers are not that good.

THX certified speakers and bad... cannot see George Lucas and Hollywood agreeing with that!

A HTIB makes sense for smaller rooms and your room size will be a perfect fit.

Otherwise audition AVRs from Onkyo & Yamaha and home theater speakers from Polk, Wharfedale & Jamo.

do not go for onkyo speakers. If available Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 are award winning highly rated speakers, try to have a go at them as well. Denon and Polks do go very well together.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back