need info about centre/surround and floorstander speakers

akeshwar

Hello all! .......is ashish there....
Actually by the practical advices conveyed by the Forum especially Ashish/Vebnkateshc and others....I have got denon 1910+wharf 10.1 front+polk audio psw125 (setup of 2.1). Now my quries are:

1) current (cheap) price for wharf centre speaker CS10 in new delhi + dealer
2) what is the basic concept of surround rear speakers? If, in future, i will go for floorstanders than what would be the worth of my present wharf 10.1?how and where I may use that pair?I have come to know that I can use it as rear but again what about the 'surround'? what is is actually?
3) how much a floorstanders will cost to me which will be best fitted to my present setup? And, if I am already having the Sub then floorstanders would be the right option???

Plz help me.....i am very much confused about these
Thanx
With regards

Akeshwar

Since you already own a pair of Wharf 10.1 so it's always better to look for your other speakers from the same series of Wharf.
About your query for Rear surrounds which is used in cases where a person intends to run full fledged 7.1 setup instead of 5.1 setup, but for that you need a source player like a Blu Ray to tap the full potential of those surround back channels and right now since you don't own a blu Ray player so don't bother on that front.
Now if you buy FS in future so also keep in mind the space required for them to perform well and untill and unless you have a medium to large room FS is a No No, this fact add further to the Wharf 10 series as they are rear ported speakers which require some amount of room at their back and if this thing is not taken care off then they could give the negative impact.
But if the need for FS ever arises then in that case you can use your existing 10.1 speakers for Surround duty.
For the Prices of the center it's better that you talk to Denny of Bass & Treble as he is the authorized dealer of Wharf in Delhi.

Last edited:
now i have skipped the thought of floorstanders

Hi Ashish! after getting ur reply, now, i have skipped the aim of floorstanders for the near future. obviously, as u r well aware about my home-space.Ok now i will look for centre channel speaker first and then go for anything else.

Dear thanx once again!

Dear Spiro. thanx 4 ur words.But what about my sub coz somebody had told me that flrstanders already have sub.....plz clear this concept also

thanx

regards
Akeshwar

Dear Spiro. thanx 4 ur words.But what about my sub coz somebody had told me that flrstanders already have sub.....plz clear this concept also

thanx

regards
Akeshwar

Is it powersub inbuilt?If yes then you need to sale the current OR use for PC OR check flrstd without sub.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back