Need opinion on Denon Stereo Amplifier 510AE/ MARANZ pm 4001

musiclovr

Hi.. I need an opinion on buying my first amp. I have seen a Denon 510AE selling for 13k without remote.. and a MARANZ PM 4001 getting for 13k without remote.

I have a vintage Kenwood speaker at home.
Want to know if the price is okay for the above items.

Both are good. Are they second hand?
Or old stock? Depending on that the price could be good or bad.
Also which Kenwood speakers do you have? Is it 8 Ohm?

Also which Kenwood speakers do you have? Is it 8

Also which Kenwood speakers do you have? Is it 8 Ohm?
Hi.. yes both are second hand only and the parties claim that they have never been repaired..Denon is atleast 5 or 6 years old and MARANZ he is the second owner and doesn't know the exact age of the amp. can open and show they say.
My Kenwood speakers are 8 ohms. Will post the model no shortly.. can handle 90 watt and have 3 drivers. Woofer is of 8 inches..

Both are almost of the same era Marantz 2005-08 and Denon being 2009.
Both have almost similar watts Marantz 40 and Denon 45 @8 ohms, and so the other specs.

Get the one which sounds good to your ears and is in good condition, I would bargain slightly with the pricing.
But to me Marantz would have a upper hand, just check this.

Both are almost of the same era Marantz 2005-08 and Denon being 2009.
Both have almost similar watts Marantz 40 and Denon 45 @8 ohms, and so the other specs.

Get the one which sounds good to your ears and is in good condition, I would bargain slightly with the pricing.
But to me Marantz would have a upper hand, just check this.
Sure.. thanks.. should I ask for 10 or 11k? I haven't listened to MARANZ. Denon sounded nice to me. waiting to listen to MARANZ.

As the others said both are good. Denon's latest model looks practically the same whereas the Marantz models look different now.
If you want to sale them later, you may get better resale value for the Denon.

If it's possible for you to test them with your speakers, you should do that to get a better match.

Hi.. I need an opinion on buying my first amp. I have seen a Denon 510AE selling for 13k without remote.. and a MARANZ PM 4001 getting for 13k without remote.

I have a vintage Kenwood speaker at home.
Want to know if the price is okay for the above items.

Check everything and I would suggest the Marantz which will blend better with the Vintage speakers. Start negotiating based on what you see and hear of the Marantz, 9k / 10k would be a good start. Before you visit the seller, check OLX and other platforms for similar model or one model higher amps and see the price being sold, use that as some base and negotiate as required.

Thanks will do that
Check everything and I would suggest the Marantz which will blend better with the Vintage speakers. Start negotiating based on what you see and hear of the Marantz, 9k / 10k would be a good start. Before you visit the seller, check OLX and other platforms for similar model or one model higher amps and see the price being sold, use that as some base and negotiate as required.

I have a Marantz amp from the same stable PM7001. Served me for almost 8 years. It is still singing well.
So I would give PM4001 the benefit of doubt. On pricing, no comment, since both the amps are used.
You have to see, hear and assess.

Cheers,
Raghu

The Marantz 4001 is an excellent amp and better sounding than the 510,IMHO. However the Marantz is of an older vintage and may be prone to noisy pots &/or switches, besides other components like capacitors which may need a change. Before selection, an audition is strongly recommended. Listen carefully for noisy controls, channel imbalance sound quality(obviously) and cosmetic appearance, which is a good indicator of how the equipment was kept by the previous owner. Happy listening.

Sure.. thanks.. should I ask for 10 or 11k? I haven't listened to MARANZ. Denon sounded nice to me. waiting to listen to MARANZ.
The Marantz series you mentioned may sound little thinner and brighter than current series. You may like Denon more.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back