Need simple 2.1 setup suggestions

Simplifi

My samsung home theater in a box 5.1 system shows protection on and shuts down. Not sure to fix it or go for a new setup.

I just want to hear good sound with my tv ie., for day to day use. I am not big fan of 5.1 systems as i dont want to run wires across room. So I'm thinking of buying swan d1080 iv or should i bite the bullet and buy yamaha yht 299 ?

My thoughts are -
I want to buy something which doesn't use lot of power.
Not too bulky, in case if i hv to carry for service.

Reg Swan d1080 iv -
does not come with sub - will it have enuf bass?
Can i add sub in future if i want?
Can this speakers be used with any amp in future?
Or are any other nice 2.1 systems left with remote, bluetooth, etc?
My budget is 15 to 30k. Room size 12x15feet. Listen mostly music.

if its only for TV then consider a soundbar. Good ones from Yamaha, even Wharfedale. YHT-299 will be an overkill unless you have a lot of content with DTS and DD.

Swans are good, but you can consider Swans M200MKII or better still Swans M200MKIII (a bit over your budget, around 33K). But they will perform better than anything else in that budget though you might notice the real difference with music and not so much with TV.

Swans D1080-IV has good bass, just not boomy bass like in a HTIB.

Hi Simplifi

I would suggest to go and audition the different systems around available with dealers, Reliance Digital, Croma, Vijay Sales etc. and then decide what will fulfill your requirements in terms of connectivity, performance and appearance....

You should not regret after investing 20k -30k in something 3-6 months down the line....

Given that we need to have a nice entertainment hub where everything can be connected and also enjoy good music / movie experience..something like the YHT299 should suffice...this does not mean that you need to run it at full volume...you can run it as much as you desire and enjoy the true 5.1 experience..

My samsung home theater in a box 5.1 system shows protection on and shuts down. Not sure to fix it or go for a new setup.

I just want to hear good sound with my tv ie., for day to day use. I am not big fan of 5.1 systems as i dont want to run wires across room. So I'm thinking of buying swan d1080 iv or should i bite the bullet and buy yamaha yht 299 ?

My thoughts are -
I want to buy something which doesn't use lot of power.
Not too bulky, in case if i hv to carry for service.

Reg Swan d1080 iv -
does not come with sub - will it have enuf bass?
Can i add sub in future if i want?
Can this speakers be used with any amp in future?
Or are any other nice 2.1 systems left with remote, bluetooth, etc?
My budget is 15 to 30k. Room size 12x15feet. Listen mostly music.

For purely TV purpose, yes I will also recommend a sound bar, 5.1 are over kill for TVs. Plus sound bars are not bulky and easy to carry. I would recommend JBL Cinema SB200. Its has an awsome sound quality. Plus point is it has bluetooth, but lacks in connectivity, only 3.5mm jack and optical available. But if big huge sound is what you want this should do the job ..

whathifi review

JBL Cinema SB200 review | What Hi-Fi?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back