Need some tips on Room Treatment - Re-sound/Echo problem

Aquarian09

Hello guys,

I have a re-sound/echo effect problem in my room where am planning for my HT.
I am using Onkyo HT 3500

I dont want to call in some experts and do all hi-fi stuff and install acoustics fully professional.

I just want to know what kind of stuff is required to clear this out or reduce it, Sound absorbers or deflectors ??

I want to buy 2 or 3 of those and hang them on the wall as per the requirement or suggestion. My budget is low.

Kindly suggest me on this issue :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi Aditya,

How big is your room? Do you have furniture, drapes, bed and/or sofas around?
Absorber and diffuser both works in case of high frequency reverberation problem. But you would need heavy duty absorber to tackle boomy bass or uneven bass.

You can also look to build few glasswool panels. Easy, cheap and most important, effective.

Cheers!

Experience has taught me that -
1. In small rooms it is very hard to tame bass issues using absorbtion. It is best to do it using placement of subwoofer. Please see my experiment here http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/55945-what-your-subwoofer-placement.html
2. I feel it is very important to reduce reverberations of higher frequencies because these affect dialogue intelligibility and also cause that "ear fatigue", a kind of headache and the need to just leave the room. These can be tackled by using absorption.
3. For (2), you should put the thickest drapes on your windows, fabric based seating in the room and you can put up the acoustic foams that you get at bajaao.com at strategic locations (cheapest and works for certain freq range). Mainly behind the speakers and at first reflection points on the side walls. A thick rug on the floor between the speakers and your seating would help tremendously

Hi Aditya,

How big is your room? Do you have furniture, drapes, bed and/or sofas around?
Absorber and diffuser both works in case of high frequency reverberation problem. But you would need heavy duty absorber to tackle boomy bass or uneven bass.

You can also look to build few glasswool panels. Easy, cheap and most important, effective.

Cheers!

Hi Koushik,
thanks for reply.
i have no idea about acoustics ...... can u direct me to a link about what are glasswool panels and how to build them.

Thanks,
Aditya

Experience has taught me that -
1. In small rooms it is very hard to tame bass issues using absorbtion. It is best to do it using placement of subwoofer. Please see my experiment here http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/55945-what-your-subwoofer-placement.html
2. I feel it is very important to reduce reverberations of higher frequencies because these affect dialogue intelligibility and also cause that "ear fatigue", a kind of headache and the need to just leave the room. These can be tackled by using absorption.
3. For (2), you should put the thickest drapes on your windows, fabric based seating in the room and you can put up the acoustic foams that you get at bajaao.com at strategic locations (cheapest and works for certain freq range). Mainly behind the speakers and at first reflection points on the side walls. A thick rug on the floor between the speakers and your seating would help tremendously

Thanks or the reply,
I checked with bajaao.com ...... but didnt find any link to room acoustics ..... can u give me a link in that site ??

bajaoo

has got useless pyramid foam
which are classified as "Accoustic panels"

they dont do shit other than to look good and satisfy you

this is not acoustic treatment BY a LONG shot

bajaoo
will only bajaoo you

Absolutely! They doesn't work for sure.

I will share links of DIY acoustic panels when I get one. You can search for acoustic panel threads here.

Last edited:
bajaoo

has got useless pyramid foam
which are classified as "Accoustic panels"

they dont do shit other than to look good and satisfy you

this is not acoustic treatment BY a LONG shot

bajaoo
will only bajaoo you

hahahaha thanks for that info ... i'll be aware :)

How about the ones available on hifimart?

so i should just get some acoustic panels and install them ...is that it or anything else I gotta do ?

I checked in hifimart ... they r costly .... i just need 4 or 5 panels I think ...coz the room is also not big
Also in hifimart they are selling as package ...not single panel separately.

Sidvee should come in on this. Maybe you can contact him and Sameer Kumar, both from Hyderabad with dedicated listening rooms having acoustic treatment.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back