Need Subwoofer Amplifier

Rajkumars

I have a passive subwoofer ..... I need an amplifier to power it ..... Suggestions please .....

Soundstream xw-12 ..... DIY ....

BTW I need only below 50W amp temporarily ..... As I will be buying SVS PB - 2000 later .....

I have a passive subwoofer ..... I need an amplifier to power it ..... Suggestions please .....

Could you post the brand, model, a pic of its connectors? If it's part of a htib then look for a stereo amp matching the specs of the htib receiver amp. You could also try using a mono amp used in cars with appropriate AC to DC converter.

MaSh

its driver needs 300Watts, 4 Ohm power range. Get any of the stereo amp that will give you 4 Ohm bridged. Since you are going to upgrade later, just get whatever you can find cheaper.

its driver needs 300Watts, 4 Ohm power range. Get any of the stereo amp that will give you 4 Ohm bridged. Since you are going to upgrade later, just get whatever you can find cheaper.

Thanks as of now I have connected F & D's subwoofer output to soundstream xw-12 subwoofer ...... Its 20W only but am surprised to see that it is able to drive it pretty easily and it fills my room of 12ftx22ft too ...... but this amp lacks the detailing..... I am looking for a decent amp in the range between 20 watts to 50 watts ..... as I will be using it for 1 year only ..... After that I will get SVS subwoofer ......

if you are familiar with DIY, then get a good subwoofer driver (15" or 18") and an external amp. For price, it will beat a commercial subwoofer, hands down.

Subwoofer is easy to build, especially sealed one. Your choice.

Last edited:
if you are familiar with DIY, then get a good subwoofer driver (15" or 18") and an external amp. For price, it will beat a commercial subwoofer, hands down.

Subwoofer is easy to build, especially sealed one. Your choice.
Which amp would you suggest ....

Get one JBL car amp which is available on Snapdeal or Amazon for less price(around 5000/-)and bridge it to get 4ohm with proper Ac to DC power converter.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Which amp would you suggest ....

usually Class D amps are good for subwoofers as they are efficient and give very high output. Lot of people prefer Behringer Inuke amps or similar pro amps from Crown. I personally have a Inuke 6000DSP powering 4 x 18" drivers.

usually Class D amps are good for subwoofers as they are efficient and give very high output. Lot of people prefer Behringer Inuke amps or similar pro amps from Crown. I personally have a Inuke 6000DSP powering 4 x 18" drivers.
Can you please suggest something cheap as I will be using it for temporarily only ....

Get one JBL car amp which is available on Snapdeal or Amazon for less price(around 5000/-)and bridge it to get 4ohm with proper Ac to DC power converter.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk
Thanks but powering it is a tedious process

How to power a car amp ?

You need a Check the amp/watts required to power the amplifier and look for a sturdy regulated 12v power supply that matches that .

Depending upon the wattage of the amp,You may need a LARGE AC adaptor with enough current to power the amp (maybe 5 to 20 amperes). The 12v power supply mentioned is the kind of thing you would need. A transformer alone will not convert ac to dc only reduce the voltage to 12v ac. A PC power supply with 12v rails will work but not be high enough in current to give you full power.

r/s

Can you please suggest something cheap as I will be using it for temporarily only ....
Inuke was a suggestion in case you want to go with diy subs in future. For temporary need, my original suggestion of any amp that can do around 300 watts and bridge capability will do.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back