Need suggestion for a good 5.1 package with receiver in Dubai

Jaffies

Dear experts,

I am looking for your valuable suggestions to get a good music system.

I am now in Dubai and last week i had a demo and listened to Onkyo 646 with jamo 626 package and marantz with monster audio mr6, mr1 don't remember the subwoofer. I was stunned with the performance of monster audio both movie and music but i haven't had much time to go through different types of music and other brands.

He offered a price of 6000 AED (around Rs 1L ) for Monster MR6 front, MR1 surround, woofer with Denon AVR 1200

My preference will be 50/50 music & movies. I have no idea on the technical details of these sound systems.

I want to know if the monster audio is better than other brands like Polk, Boston,Wharfedale ... and for AVR whether to go with this brand/model or higher one like AVR-X3200W since i already own a 3d Ultra HD TV.

I have budget of 1.5 L and more if really worth. I might buy it this weekend if i am sure what i should buy.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Better is relative and perceptive.

I personally do not have experienced monster so cannot comment, but I would highly recommend you to audition as much as possible and don't rush into buying a setup.

One of my friends felt soundbar is the best one could have for movies at home and had set aside a budget of 30K INR.

Once he started auditioning proper component based setup he ended up buying a 70K stereo speaker alone.

My point is, make an informed decision. Take suggestions but let the final decision be yours based on your own experience.

Good luck!

Btw, did you mean Monitor Audio MR6?

Monitor Audio is well known and respected.

I had listened to one of its speakers, don't remember the model and it sure was impressive but Lil away from my taste.

Since you are planning for a music system why are you looking for an avr instead of an stereo amplifier?

I would suggest you to audition speakers with stereo amps if music is your primary objective.

Thanks tiwari for the response.

Yes its Monitor audio MR6 and actually i want a Home theatre setup and i want to connect all my devices to a single unit.

When i was in India i used Sony Mutkei 5.2 and i am looking for much better system.

I auditioned only Monitor Audio and Jamo but i see the forums many suggesting for Wharfedale, Boston, Polk. So i am not sure if Monitor audio is really good.

I will do more audition before buying but want to get some good info before dealing with it.

Last edited:
I auditioned only Monitor Audio and Jamo but i see the forums many suggesting for Wharfedale, Boston, Polk. So i am not sure if Monitor audio is really good.

Monitor Audio is very good. But is it good for your taste is what you need to find out.

Some brands are very popular on this forum, that would not mean they are just the best.

Few are even underrated. Its like any other commodity, well marketed products are usually popular.

Spend some time auditioning more brands/products without any presumption (just cause somebody said it's good or bad) which I feel is very important or else you may regret later.

What is your room Size?

For small to medium rooms, Dali Zensor 5.1 package are very well rated you should audition it.

Also, Q Acoustics 3000 series 5.1 package.

They should fit well in your budget.

Spend some time auditioning more brands/products without any presumption (just cause somebody said it's good or bad) which I feel is very important or else you may regret later.

You are right. I experienced this in many situations.

My room size is 12 * 18. I will do the audition of Dali Zensor & Q Acoustics and other brands and decide on it.

Meanwhile do you have any suggestion on AVR, whether to go with Denon, Onkyo or other brands.

Your fronts will be used heavily. Don't compromise on it. Get a really good pair of fronts and then get the matching center as recommended by the manufacturer. If you are compromising somewhere, compromise on the surrounds, unless you intent to listen to music in 5 channel.

If you are a bit tight on the budget, go slow. Get a pair of fronts first, later center and lastly the surrounds. You can build the system slowly as budget permits, don't be in a hurry.

Meanwhile do you have any suggestion on AVR, whether to go with Denon, Onkyo or other brands.

Speakers and AVR need to compliment each other. Based on your choice of speakers you may choose the avr.

With your budget Denon or Marantz should be good. I have not tried Onkyo, so can't really comment.

I second Shaq's comments above, go slow and choose good fronts and matching centres.

Good luck.

Dubai has great choices on offer. DENON, MARANTZ and ONKYO all have good muscle AVRs. All other things being equal ONKYO would be offering their cheaper than the other two. BTW ONKYO have come up with a new 7.2 AVR, the RZ900

onkyo-tx-rz900-front-rear-a.jpg

Try out the various AVRs in combination with Polks/ JBLs/ Infinitys/ and the new gen S/ws and then make a decision.

Two weeks back i auditioned Q Acoustics 2 series, Monitor audio MR6, Bronze and silver series. MR6 sounds very good with bluray movies and audio cd's but when i played youtube songs through bluetooth it sounds warm and very ordinary whereas the bronze bx6 package played it great. I felt it has the right balance which every audio source we play.They connected it with onkyo basic model and i can't try it with denon as they don't have any stock. The guy was very genuine and explained me everything and he promised it will sound much much better with denon.

Now coming to the price, the BX6 speaker package alone cost above 9500 AED and denon x3100 around 3500. But currently they have a bundle offer both speaker and avr for 9000 AED (1,60,000 Rs)

I ordered it and i am expecting delivery today.

Thanks to all for their valid suggestions.

Two weeks back i auditioned Q Acoustics 2 series, Monitor audio MR6, Bronze and silver series. MR6 sounds very good with bluray movies and audio cd's but when i played youtube songs through bluetooth it sounds warm and very ordinary whereas the bronze bx6 package played it great. I felt it has the right balance which every audio source we play.They connected it with onkyo basic model and i can't try it with denon as they don't have any stock. The guy was very genuine and explained me everything and he promised it will sound much much better with denon.

Now coming to the price, the BX6 speaker package alone cost above 9500 AED and denon x3100 around 3500. But currently they have a bundle offer both speaker and avr for 9000 AED (1,60,000 Rs)

I ordered it and i am expecting delivery today.

Thanks to all for their valid suggestions.
Congratulations

That was a great discount price.
What was the shop name and location? My cousin lives there so I could ask him to purchase some av stuffs when I need to.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back