Need suggestion for AV Rack for AVR, BDP and Center speaker

AMITNOIDA

In my movie set-up I have following components, which need to be housed in an AV rack:

AVR (Marantz SR6004) Size - 17"W x 14"D x 6.5"H (Weight: 13 kg)
Oppo BD-83 Size - 17"W x 13"D x 3"H (Weight: 11.2 pound)
Epos M8i Center speaker Size - 20.4"W x 8.8"D x 7"H (Weight : 10.5 kg)

I need a rack which will perfectly accommodate the above equipments and would not occupy much space. The room has wooden floor.

In my movie set-up I have following components, which need to be housed in an AV rack:

AVR (Marantz SR6004) Size - 17"W x 14"D x 6.5"H (Weight: 13 kg)
Oppo BD-83 Size - 17"W x 13"D x 3"H (Weight: 11.2 pound)
Epos M8i Center speaker Size - 20.4"W x 8.8"D x 7"H (Weight : 10.5 kg)

I need a rack which will perfectly accommodate the above equipments and would not occupy much space. The room has wooden floor.

Hi Amit
Check out my diy stainless steel racks and stuff in my thread of the same name. Also, have a look at my fb profile - trittya tunn. If u like it, I can help u in getting it made here in delhi. The stainless steel bit'd entail one sitting to finalise the design, a vis each to motia khan & chawri bzr for the SS components. More on pc. Am on gprs rt now.

Center Speakers

I have my center speaker on a unique stand, which is too good.

I had hunted this for several months and am very happy with it.

Please have a look at it in page number 2 of "Mini Theatre Photos".

V.

Hi
This is much better than a mob handset qwerty, you see.
So, as I was saying. . .
We would then have to take the raw material to a friend in Saraswati Vihar for the lathe/drill work. In fact, its high time we got together, we dilliwala rack-types. Manav Malvai wants one for his gear, I want one too, so that makes three of us. In fact, I am thinking of a side by side design that can house at least 10 components incl two super stabilised top platforms for turntables. the advantage in buying stel together is that it works out cheaper, if not by way of discount, then by way of much less wastage accrued on SS and fiber-sheet.

My rack design is unique in the sense that it actually has no shelves, just two wooden rails(2.5" widthx 1" thickness) with a groove near each end in which sit the two horizontal 10mm SS rods. This caters for airflow from the bottom of each component and is esp crucial for your avr which (like most avrs) tends to heat up substantially esp at mid level volume in stereo mode. The friend I made this rack for owns a sr4002 which shares the same dimensions and cabinet as yours.

In case the above sounds like too much of a headache, simply look up
Sound Foundations - Equipment Racks

The owner, Mr Ali aka 'magma' is a forum member, much respected for his passion, innovation and eye-for-detail factor here/otherwise.
He can customise your rack for you(much more than is there on his site presently) but then shipping costs from mumbai for a 30 kg rack can be formidable. Take your pick, must let Manav know as this is long overdue due to my busy schedule while on leave in Delhi. Has to be completed within the next two weeks as I leave for duty on 29 May.
Hope this helps
Regards

PS - http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-accessories/962-speaker-stands-av-rack.html

Last edited:
Re: Center Speakers

I have my center speaker on a unique stand, which is too good.

I had hunted this for several months and am very happy with it.

Please have a look at it in page number 2 of "Mini Theatre Photos".

V.

Buddy thats an awesome theatre.:clapping: Wish I had one.:eek:hyeah:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back