Need Suggestion for buying speakers

k_vijay12

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum. Recently I got a stereo power amp for my personal use. It is powered by Bang & Olufsen ICE power 50ASX2 Module. It is 47W per channel at 4 Ohms and approx 22W per channel at 8 Ohms.

I looking for compatible speakers for this set up. I have the choice of using a 2.0 or a 2.1 speaker set up in my amp. Ideally wd prefer a pair of good bookshelf speakers than opting a set up with sub. I would use this mainly for listening music in my room.

My budget is 25k.

I had auditioned KEF Q300, B&W 685 & CM5, Qube 2010, Polk (Tsi/ RTi with sub) bookshelf speakers.

So far I liked KEF of all these (of course CM 5 is awesome and league outside my budget). Plan to chk Wharfdale Diamond 10.2 next weekend.

I want to know
1). If my amp could drive the power in these speakers being 22wpc @ 8 ohm ?
2). Is going for a used speakers is a good idea... if so which models and how much is it reasonable to spend on them?

Would appreciate if you could share your inputs.

Thanks

Vijay

You can add EPOS EPIC 2 , Usher V and Quads to your audition list. They slightly above your budget and totally worth the money.

When you audition the wharfe 10.2, also try to check out the new diamond 100 series. Its supposedly the replacement for diamond 10 series. Unfortunately only the 121 (which is more like 10.1 with its 5" driver) is available in India right now. But still you'll get an idea if its worth waiting for diamond 122 or maybe the 121 might sound well wnough for you. Price of both the diamond 10 and 100 series is more or less the same (5-10% diff) so that won't be much of an issue.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back