Need suggestion in choosing a DAC for stereo listening

since the OP is happy with the e50, might as well ask a question regarding the new ifi zen air dac. If one does not require the headphone amp, balanced out and only require the dac for music playback through speakers, is it advisable to get the new zen air dac over the zen dac v2? I recently sold my zen dac v2 but thinking of purchasing it again

since the OP is happy with the e50, might as well ask a question regarding the new ifi zen air dac. If one does not require the headphone amp, balanced out and only require the dac for music playback through speakers, is it advisable to get the new zen air dac over the zen dac v2? I recently sold my zen dac v2 but thinking of purchasing it again
Since you have already tried the Zen, then why don't you go for something higher priced next

The Air does have headphone out. Also note that the digital input is only USB. No optical or coax if those are important to your use case.

The Air does have headphone out. Also note that the digital input is only USB. No optical or coax if those are important to your use case.
Indeed, I only require the USB input for connecting my PC, I understand that the zen dac v2 will power headphones better, but my question is for connecting the pc and playback through speakers, will the perfomance of the zen air dac be the same as that of the zen dac v2? Since, the newly launched zen air are much cheaper, it would be a nice cheap replacement for connecting the speakers if their performances are on par.

Indeed, I only require the USB input for connecting my PC, I understand that the zen dac v2 will power headphones better, but my question is for connecting the pc and playback through speakers, will the perfomance of the zen air dac be the same as that of the zen dac v2? Since, the newly launched zen air are much cheaper, it would be a nice cheap replacement for connecting the speakers if their performances are on par.
The Zen air looks to be the same as the Zen DAC V1 minus the front and back 4.4 MM Pentaconn connector, option for fixed mode as opposed to variable for RCA outs and superior materials used in construction. And the Zen V1 was a superb DAC.

The Zen air looks to be the same as the Zen DAC V1 minus the front and back 4.4 MM Pentaconn connector, option for fixed mode as opposed to variable for RCA outs and superior materials used in construction. And the Zen V1 was a superb DAC.
I just noticed that there is no fixed - variable switch in the zen air dac, thanks for pointing that out.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back