Need suggestion on JAMO C809 Series Speakers

lingamkrishnan

Dear FMs,

I'm currently in the plan to setup a dedicated media room(11x12).

I have the below already shortlisted and however not able to decide on speakers to be paired with.

Epson 9400 Projector
Denon 4700H

Getting a good offer for JAMO C809 Demo speakers as a package. Have any one used these, please provide your reviews. since its discontinued item, not able to find out more reviews on this.

Dear FMs,

I have the below already shortlisted and however not able to decide on speakers to be paired with.

Epson 9400 Projector
Denon 4700H

Getting a good offer for JAMO C809 Demo speakers as a package. Have any one used these, please provide your reviews. since its discontinued item, not able to find out more reviews on this.
IMO, demo setup and that too a discontinued one is not advisable. Last year my friend had a very bad experience with buying a demo setup. Going pre owned route is better than a demo setup. Btw, what all is there in the package and how much are they quoting?

IMO, demo setup and that too a discontinued one is not advisable. Last year my friend had a very bad experience with buying a demo setup. Going pre owned route is better than a demo setup. Btw, what all is there in the package and how much are they quoting?
Its Concert C809 5 speaker package, C809F Floor standing, C809C Center & C809SR...its quoted for 1.3lcs.

Dear FMs,

Epson 9400 Projector
Denon 4700H

A speaker that big when listened from a close distance wouldn't sound coherent.
Room is 12 feet long. 1.5 feet for speaker and 3 feet from rear wall for seats effective distance would be 7.5 feet.. thus making speakers with many vertically stacked drivers not a good choice. No matter how well reviewed a speaker is.

If you think of moving your seats close to the rear wall then the bass would become muddy. ( Bass accumulates close to room boundaries)

Dear FMs,

Epson 9400 Projector
Denon 4700H

If at all possible, best to drive down and inspect them, listen to them. Other things to check: 1. Why are they selling, and 2. Whether warranty will hold?

Room is 12 feet long. 1.5 feet for speaker and 3 feet from rear wall for seats effective distance would be 7.5 feet.. thus making speakers with many vertically stacked drivers not a good choice. No matter how well reviewed a speaker is.

If you think of moving your seats close to the rear wall then the bass would become muddy. ( Bass accumulates close to room boundaries)
Thank you!

If at all possible, best to drive down and inspect them, listen to them. Other things to check: 1. Why are they selling, and 2. Whether warranty will hold?
I assume that they have already replaced with newer or different brands of speakers for demo, hence the sale.

But thanks for the point on warranty, will check with them!

Any floor standing speakers would not do justice for this room size? Or this particular model?

I have the Concert C803 bookshelves which i tried in my small TV room of similar dimension and the room was too small even for these bookshelves. In the past I had also tried Monitor Audio RX6 and one another floor standing speakers in this room without success due to the muddiness. So small rooms small bookshelves is my learning. The Jamo C8xx needs a nice big listening space with abundant space around the speakers to perform at their best.

I have the Concert C803 bookshelves which i tried in my small TV room of similar dimension and the room was too small even for these bookshelves. In the past I had also tried Monitor Audio RX6 and one another floor standing speakers in this room without success due to the muddiness. So small rooms small bookshelves is my learning. The Jamo C8xx needs a nice big listening space with abundant space around the speakers to perform at their best.
Thanks for the response, looks like need to drop the plan of going with this JAMO :) looking at other models now :) Thanks everyone who replied and gave your suggestions!

Good decision. I too have heard these at Cinebels. The offer is good and so are the speakers. But in your room size it will be too much as others have rightly mentioned.

Dear FMs,

Epson 9400 Projector
Denon 4700H

If u planning to buy new can u check indiqaudio platinum achal LCR which is also max cme in price u mentioned for jamo for 5.0 package but it’s very good than jamo sound
Concept 40 QAcoustic is other in same range good sounding speaker n not have negative reviews all r satisfied users
Above r good n better speakers n for ur room size n budget n the avr model shortlisted
I saw don’t go on reviews try demo n trust ur ears then invest
Speakers r one time invest so be clear on this as later u vl feel upgrade itch if something I miss so take time n buy speakers so that u don’t feel itch for next 15 yrs atleast

If u planning to buy new can u check indiqaudio platinum achal LCR which is also max cme in price u mentioned for jamo for 5.0 package but it’s very good than jamo sound
Concept 40 QAcoustic is other in same range good sounding speaker n not have negative reviews all r satisfied users
Above r good n better speakers n for ur room size n budget n the avr model shortlisted
I saw don’t go on reviews try demo n trust ur ears then invest
Speakers r one time invest so be clear on this as later u vl feel upgrade itch if something I miss so take time n buy speakers so that u don’t feel itch for next 15 yrs atleast
Thanks, will try to go for a demo and choose!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back