Need suggestions for 40" TV

manumani

Hi,
I am planning to buy a 40" LCD TV for my living room. Viewing distance is approx 15 Ft. I am looking for a 1080p TV, since I have a ps3 & blu-ray discs, which I want to enjoy in their full glory :) I also have a bose v20, which can upscale normal video to HD.

My constraints are as under:
1. Budget- less than 60K - the lower the price the better.
2. Living room is brightly lit, so plasma might not be the best choice

Features needed:
1. Gaming experience should be enjoyable (minimum motion blurs)
2. full HD 1080p
3. Good viwing quality of STB signals (TataSky)

Do not care about :
1. Blue tooth capability, usb capability - PS3 to take care of all this
2. PMPO Wattage. Decent speakers are OK.

Can someone suggest the top 3,4 models that can satisfy my constraints and needs ? Indicative "best deal" prices, along with their pros & cons would be really helpful.

Regards
Manumani

Hi,
I am planning to buy a 40" LCD TV for my living room. Viewing distance is approx 15 Ft. I am looking for a 1080p TV, since I have a ps3 & blu-ray discs, which I want to enjoy in their full glory :) I also have a bose v20, which can upscale normal video to HD.

My constraints are as under:
1. Budget- less than 60K - the lower the price the better.
2. Living room is brightly lit, so plasma might not be the best choice

Features needed:
1. Gaming experience should be enjoyable (minimum motion blurs)
2. full HD 1080p
3. Good viwing quality of STB signals (TataSky)

Do not care about :
1. Blue tooth capability, usb capability - PS3 to take care of all this
2. PMPO Wattage. Decent speakers are OK.

Can someone suggest the top 3,4 models that can satisfy my constraints and needs ? Indicative "best deal" prices, along with their pros & cons would be really helpful.

Regards
Manumani

try the g10 (its a plasma still)
try the LG Jazz (old FHD model very VFM and very good - in fact the only LG LCD i recommend)
tr the new sony s550 - its okay with tata sky unlike the previous FHD models.

BTW let me tell you one thing - viewing distance of 15ft would imply little or no perceptible difference between HD ready and FHD. I suggest you try the new LG 50" HD ready plasma - pretty bright even in lit up conditions and around 60-65k.

50" is too big for me. 15" is maximum distance. i usually like to play games from a distance of 6-7 feet.

I think the jazz model has speakers that slide out. I have my bose speakers already fitted, not sure if there will be enough space for TV speakers to slide in and out.

What about samsung series 5 ? Are they good for playing games ?

Regards
Manumani

well sonys are out of ur budget unless u buy them, from the grey market,but in showrooms u can get a samsung B550/B530 40inch lcds.

Take a look @ Bravia KLV-40V550A or W series. W series must be having BE 3 engine & 100 Hz as you are in to gaming also.

I have 40" V550 series and pretty happy, though viewing it through STB.

I am not buying from the grey market. LG does not seem to make 40" TVs. Between series 5 & series 6, which one will serve my purpose best ?

Regards
Manumani

I am not buying from the grey market. LG does not seem to make 40" TVs. Between series 5 & series 6, which one will serve my purpose best ?

Regards
Manumani

well u can go for the series 5 since,the 100hz in series 6 is only going to cause more input lag.

New Mumbai
Check Hypercity - FHD LG 42 LG 53 @ 55 K -
Decent model I owe it and found decent - not bad at all
My issue was same - brightly lit room
Generally plasmas give reflection so stay away as you can see reflection of Windows and tubelights!

Send me PM for urther info

i would say go for LG 42LG80fr, should be around 60K

its 42" LG Jazz, Full HD, awesome sound, best image quality in all LG models, even better than scarlet 2. it also got universal remote, so u can control your stb and dvd with it. it plays divx videos off the usb flash drive as well.

read reviews of this model for more info.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back