Need suggestions for a 55/65 inch reliable Led Tv?

karansingh93

Hi guys, I need some suggestions on which tv to purchase. This tv will be used by my parents in their bedroom(room size 14*13).They had a Samsung 6 series 55 inch curve tv for last 3 years. Suddenly it stopped working and Samsung is demanding 40-45k for new panel. I thought I could put that money and maybe some extra and get them something new and nicer.They’ll mostly be watching DTH channels in SD or HD quality. Sometimes they use youtube, Netflix etc. I want something reliable, good picture quality, smooth OS and with good after sales. Had looked at some tvs the other day at reliance digital store in chd. After the visit now i am more inclined to go with 65 inch, but not fussy.
so please kindly do share your suggestions on what tv’s I should consider buying this season or should i wait for a bit like till next year and see what’s new is coming. I will be keeping that tv for long time. Thanks

edit- forgot to mention my budget is 1-1.5 lacs. Basically would prefer a tv which has good upscalling capabilities coz mostly it will be used for viewing dth channels (80% dth 20% YouTube, Netflix).

Last edited:
First decide what will be your primary content and source quality .

If it’s SD or HD there’s no point in buying 4K tv to be honest. Waste of money.

If it’s going to be 4K content 99% of the time then only it makes sense investing money on LG or Samsung OLEDs \ QLEDs.

Buying 4K will be future proof. Do consider Sony, Panasonic TVs which are reputed to have better upscaling ability.

Samsung The Serif Series 138 cm (55 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart QLED TV QA55LS01TAKXXL (Cloud White) (2020) Approximate Price - Rs.1,20,000

If it’s going to be 4K content 99% of the time then only it makes sense investing money on LG or Samsung OLEDs \ QLEDs.

There can be no one who has such requirement. There is no content to that effect.
Also, there is no innovation in the FHD panels and all FHD tvs of today have 2015 or prior tvs. There is no FALD or even micro dimming FHDs I know of. So any FHD tvs of today are leftovers from yesterday year tech. 4k TVs are also cheap nowadays. It makes no sense to go for FHDs beyond 40".

There can be no one who has such requirement. There is no content to that effect.
Also, there is no innovation in the FHD panels and all FHD tvs of today have 2015 or prior tvs. There is no FALD or even micro dimming FHDs I know of. So any FHD tvs of today are leftovers from yesterday year tech. 4k TVs are also cheap nowadays. It makes no sense to go for FHDs beyond 40".
Agreed . Makes sense to get a 4K only these days , but it should be utilized properly with dedicated broadband speed.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I am very confused. I like the 9000h sony but didn’t the non Bluetooth long remote which feels so not premium for a tv costing more than a lac.
Don’t want to get oled coz I will be keeping it for long.
What are my options with budget brands? One that has best picture quality,smooth OS and good after sales.Looking at size 55/65/75.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I am very confused. I like the 9000h sony but didn’t the non Bluetooth long remote which feels so not premium for a tv costing more than a lac.
Don’t want to get oled coz I will be keeping it for long.
What are my options with budget brands? One that has best picture quality,smooth OS and good after sales.Looking at size 55/65/75.

Pretty sure the remote has Bluetooth which can be enabled in settings

Oh really. I just watched a video of a guy complaining about the remote being non Bluetooth and boring. So that put me off buying this tv. Now I think I’ll make a visit to sony store tomorrow.

Oh really. I just watched a video of a guy complaining about the remote being non Bluetooth and boring. So that put me off buying this tv. Now I think I’ll make a visit to sony store tomorrow.
I have the tv and I can tell you that the remote can be connected via bluetooth.

I have the tv and I can tell you that the remote can be connected via bluetooth.
My friend, I would really appreciate if you would share your honest views. How’s the picture quality in dark movie scenes? Any bugs with the software? Any other gripes? Would appreciate your input. This will be a huge investment for me. I don’t want to keep buying tv every few years. Shall i get this or wait till anything better comes out?

Bluetooth is only for voice search and rest of the buttons are IR in my AF8 oled. Anything changed for the x9000h? Does the remote work if pointed in opposite direction or from outside the room?

I threw the remote into the cupboard and got a fire tv remote they are selling seperately. That connects and works perfectly.

Bluetooth is only for voice search and rest of the buttons are IR in my AF8 oled. Anything changed for the x9000h? Does the remote work if pointed in opposite direction or from outside the room?

I threw the remote into the cupboard and got a fire tv remote they are selling seperately. That connects and works perfectly.
For X9000H it is completely bluetooth. It works pointing it in opposite direction.

My friend, I would really appreciate if you would share your honest views. How’s the picture quality in dark movie scenes? Any bugs with the software? Any other gripes? Would appreciate your input. This will be a huge investment for me. I don’t want to keep buying tv every few years. Shall i get this or wait till anything better comes out?
I have only gotten the TV installed 3 days ago and haven't had much time to properly test the tv. So can't say much at this point. But I can tell you that I have faced no bugs with software and it is very smooth throughout with Android TV which was not the case with previous sony models. If you don't need the HDMI 2.1 / Gaming related features then I would recommend going for the X950G as that has better picture quality but it won't be as smooth.

I only tested a few scenes from different movies on Netflix to test the dark scene performance and I was happy with the result. But again I haven't had much time to properly test the TV. Will probably do that over the next weekend.

Nice option. My tv is delivered and will install on Friday. Will check this remote option

I did extensive demo and bought this. Yet to install. If you don't want to spend on oled (perfect but pricey) / qled (not worth) then X90H is a great option with fald, hdmi 2.1 for price to performance & features. If no gaming x95G is super, but stocks running out.

I did extensive demo and bought this. Yet to install. If you don't want to spend on oled (perfect but pricey) / qled (not worth) then X90H is a great option with fald, hdmi 2.1 for price to performance & features. If no gaming x95G is super, but stocks running out.
Yes exactly. Samsung 2020 qleds are overpriced so not an option. You could try getting last year's Q70R but it is very difficult to find. Lg non oleds are IPS panels so not good for dark room movie viewing. That only leaves Sony with 2 FALD options - X90H and X95G. Get X90H if you plan on gaming on the tv with ps5 or Xbox series x or rtx 3000 series graphic cards. Else just get the X95G.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back