65 inch tv suggestions

Aruneyy

Hi
Right now i am having lg oled 55 inch c7, bought in the year 2018, already showing some dead pixels. Planning to get 65 inch led tv considering the disadvantages of oled. Plz suggest a led tv having PQ as good as oled

Hi
Right now i am having lg oled 55 inch c7, bought in the year 2018, already showing some dead pixels. Planning to get 65 inch led tv considering the disadvantages of oled. Plz suggest a led tv having PQ as good as oled
Just a suggestion, if there is space (and of course budget) better to go for 77 inch from 55 inch. Will not regret it.

Not sure , LG brands in my friends/ Relatives shown some issues after 2-4 years. I do have SAMSUNG TV 4 years old, no issues so far.
I am not against LG, this is my personal opinion based on experience.
Better prefer SAMSUNG/SONY or PANASONIC , Also buy one UPS (instead of Voltage stabilizer) which will better safe guard your TV.

Hi
Please check out NeO QLED series from Samsung. They are significantly brighter than OLED's and slightly punchy is their colour science.

Having said that no other picture technology can best OLED when it comes to picture quality on a whole. OLED TV's are simply more immerse, great contrast and picture depth.

Hi
can u share some picture of dead pixels?

If u want an lcd TV to match OLED picture quality then a mini led will come close. TCL has low budget solutions in that - i think C series is mini LED in TCL if i remember it right. Mini LED is basically Full array with local dimming with more contrast and possibly better sharpness too. Having said that your C7 did not have pixel level protecting fire fighting mechanisms that modern OLED TVs have. You have to understand that OLED TVs have evolved over time and are more reliable these days having gone through nearly 10 years of R&D and feedback from consumers that propelled engineers to work on their limitations. Have come down in price too. Plus your TV served you for 6 years which is good enough a life cycle of any arithmetic median any TV lasts whether LCD or OLED. (And thats just my opinion). I have a 2016 LCD TV sony 9300D which went through a repair a year ago and i spent 25k to mend it and now there are screen uniformity issues in grey scale. But it is not visible in bright scenes and only in grey background we can notice it. I use it only to watch 3D bluray discs. So you can keep your c7 as a spare TV after going for a new one.

Last edited:
If u want an lcd TV to match OLED picture quality then a mini led will come close. TCL has low budget solutions in that - i think C series is mini LED in TCL if i remember it right. Mini LED is basically Full array with local dimming with more contrast and possibly better sharpness too. Having said that your C7 did not have pixel level protecting fire fighting mechanisms that modern OLED TVs have. You have to understand that OLED TVs have evolved over time and are more reliable these days having gone through nearly 10 years of R&D and feedback from consumers that propelled engineers to work on their limitations. Have come down in price too. Plus your TV served you for 6 years which is good enough a life cycle of any arithmetic median any TV lasts whether LCD or OLED. (And thats just my opinion). I have a 2016 LCD TV sony 9300D which went through a repair a year ago and i spent 25k to mend it and now there are screen uniformity issues in grey scale. But it is not visible in bright scenes and only in grey background we can notice it. I use it only to watch 3D bluray discs. So you can keep your c7 as a spare TV after going for a new one.
Am going to use it in living room with good ventilation. And i have to shift my home for every 3 to 4 years so which one would be better option.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back