LG OLED A/B/C/G Series TV Owners Thread (No price talk)

saketb

Hello All,
Thought of creating this thread exclusively for LG OLED TV owners having the various series and discussing about any matter releated to these TV's. I did make a search here of any such threads but could not find it. Lets all dive in with our queries and suggestions.

Let me start with mine... I recently bought a C3 65 and have been really enjoying this throughly. Coming from a Sony 55 LED, this makes a totally new world for me. Love the colours, brightness, dolby vision, audio quality (when not using my denon avr), faster loading times, etc.

One question I have... This does not process dolby vision when playing a content through the usb drive, just displays normal hdr and the HDR logo lights up. Is this normal or am I missing something here?

Probably a container issue. Use mp4 instead of mkv if that's the case.

Support for DV depends on a myriad of things, but mostly profiles and containers. The TV only supports a limited set of these, so any wrong encoding will result in it not playing.

Getting DV to work consistently is a task in itself outside of streaming services. The most recommended approach is using Plex with a capable hardware streaming box attached to the TV.

Last edited:
Probably a container issue. Use mp4 instead of mkv if that's the case.

Support for DV depends on a myriad of things, but mostly profiles and containers. The TV only supports a limited set of these, so any wrong encoding will result in it not playing.

Getting DV to work consistently is a task in itself outside of streaming services. The most recommended approach is using Plex with a capable hardware streaming box attached to the TV.
Thanks for the suggestion, but after remuxing with ffmpeg from mkv to mp4 (codec copy) its still the same and DV does not lit up.

Probably you are right, a streaming device should do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestion, but after remuxing with ffmpeg from mkv to mp4 (codec copy) its still the same and DV does not lit up.

Probably you are right, a streaming device should do the trick.
Probably a profile support issue then. Like I said, lots of variables.

If DV is working fine with streaming services then you should be good to go. If you really want to play DV remuxes, then streaming boxes are the only consistent alternative. Something like the Nvidia Shield Pro, Apple TV 4k (with infuse) or the 2022 FireTV Cube.

I just downloaded a sample file from DV website and tested... works flawlessly via usb. Then surely its a profile issue.

Anybody able to get Discovery+ app from LG Apps store, also is LG Channels working?
No couldn’t find it. I also am not sure if the search works like a global search or limited to apps—but I tried scrolling through as well the alphabetical list. Couldn’t find the F1TV app too.

Isn’t it part of Amazon Prime though? I’m an Apple TV 4K user though, so not very familiar with the web os apps.

No couldn’t find it. I also am not sure if the search works like a global search or limited to apps—but I tried scrolling through as well the alphabetical list. Couldn’t find the F1TV app too.

Isn’t it part of Amazon Prime though? I’m an Apple TV 4K user though, so not very familiar with the web os apps
Thanks for checking, I thought so. Many of the apps are not available on the LG apps store. Yes, found discovery among others within prime and they are at a little discounted price compared to individual pricing.

How is a dedicated streaming device like your apple tv? I too am thinking for a streaming device, may be a fire cube or nvidia shield or apple tv, though nothing immediate as I've already spent quite a lot now 😄.

What picture settings have you settled into?
Have explored Cinema, Home cinema and Filmmaker mode. Among these I liked the Home Cinema mode, it's a little brighter compared to others especially in darker scenes. Filmmaker gives more subtle picture but I felt it significantly dull or less bright.

ISF expert day/night also looks good, I'll try this with an already watched content.

The Continental (John Wick) on prime was a real disappointing in terms of picture quality, I tried all modes and only in the Vivid mode I could watch with the required brightness, all others were very dull and lifeless.

I also tried the personalised mode after selecting the best images but personally did not like it.

How about you? What have you liked the most?

Interesting, thanks for your notes.

I’ve stuck to ISF bright for SDR—but have tweaked it as per Classy’s (look him up on YouTube) settings. And I think he got most things right for me as well.

For Dolby Vision content in Cinema Home mode, I tweaked again as per Classy’s settings. But not all of it, I’ve kept brightness higher as I find most of his settings tend to dim the tv out a bit too much.

Movies, Netflix, Formula 1, general SDR all looks very good.

My real problem is watching Cricket though, haven’t found a setting that suits me as yet.

1) I find Standard a bit dull
2) I find vivid too vibrant
3) I find Cricket mode itself a bit overdone
4) I end up using a bunch of custom settings set to ISF Expert mode.

The real problem I have is that I find a lot of ball judder, and I’ve played around with the motion settings but haven’t found anything good as yet. The number of balls I can see when it’s racing to the boundary is not funny and I’m finding it increasingly bothersome.

Thanks for checking, I thought so. Many of the apps are not available on the LG apps store. Yes, found discovery among others within prime and they are at a little discounted price compared to individual pricing.

How is a dedicated streaming device like your apple tv? I too am thinking for a streaming device, may be a fire cube or nvidia shield or apple tv, though nothing immediate as I've already spent quite a lot now 😄.
I got 4k Airtel Xstream android setup box to make use of android apps and cricket HD(Waiting for 4k IPL :) ). Not sure it support DV. DV: Is it hardware and software both dependent?

Interesting, thanks for your notes.

I’ve stuck to ISF bright for SDR—but have tweaked it as per Classy’s (look him up on YouTube) settings. And I think he got most things right for me as well.

For Dolby Vision content in Cinema Home mode, I tweaked again as per Classy’s settings. But not all of it, I’ve kept brightness higher as I find most of his settings tend to dim the tv out a bit too much.

Movies, Netflix, Formula 1, general SDR all looks very good.

My real problem is watching Cricket though, haven’t found a setting that suits me as yet.

1) I find Standard a bit dull
2) I find vivid too vibrant
3) I find Cricket mode itself a bit overdone
4) I end up using a bunch of custom settings set to ISF Expert mode.

The real problem I have is that I find a lot of ball judder, and I’ve played around with the motion settings but haven’t found anything good as yet. The number of balls I can see when it’s racing to the boundary is not funny and I’m finding it increasingly bothersome.
Cricket on DTH or HOTSTAR or JIO? i feel ok with DTH will check and update.

Did you compare C3 with G3 (not wrt. price) ? do you really see huge difference for G3 and worth of Rs. 1L difference ? what is your observations.

Did you compare C3 with G3 (not wrt. price) ? do you really see huge difference for G3 and worth of Rs. 1L difference ? what is your observations.
Yes I did compare both side by side in a LG Shop as they had both in display. Certainly the G3 was more brighter and a little punchier in colours compared to the C3 as well as having some great features internally like having MLA tech and a heat sink among others. So this makes it top of the line and sure to go for it. But I was more than happy with the C3 output.

At the time of my buying the C3 the price difference between them was nearly 50k for ready delivery, but I personally felt that this difference was not enough for me to take the G3 and hence I saved that amount.

But G3 is the one to go for if you've the moolah and it's highly recommended.

Yes I did compare both side by side in a LG Shop as they had both in display. Certainly the G3 was more brighter and a little punchier in colours compared to the C3 as well as having some great features internally like having MLA tech and a heat sink among others. So this makes it top of the line and sure to go for it. But I was more than happy with the C3 output.

At the time of my buying the C3 the price difference between them was nearly 50k for ready delivery, but I personally felt that this difference was not enough for me to take the G3 and hence I saved that amount.

But G3 is the one to go for if you've the moolah and it's highly recommended.

Thanks for the feedback, I am looking for 77" which has 1L difference.

Just want to update... I bought a subscription of jiocinema just a few hours back only because of peacock and hbo content. But after installing on my tv, I'm only getting an error while playing the contents from these two offerings. It keeps giving a playback error with code 52602 and nothing happens. Sometimes the error is not displayed and when the show starts it just freezes on the first scene itself and just stays there forever. I don't know if this issue is persisting only on LG TVs.

The offerings from jiocinema directly are playing but the max quality is Full HD along with an annoying logo of jiocinema at top right. Watched the first episode of Asur season 2 and the picture quality is horrible and not at all worth watching. Also after having a paid subscription there is an advert of 20-30secs at the start of shows.

I mainly subscribed for English tv shows from peacock and hbo, but really disappointed. Have created a ticket for cancelling and refunding the amount paid.

If anybody is planning to buy the subscription please be aware of this.

Just want to update... I bought a subscription of jiocinema just a few hours back only because of peacock and hbo content. But after installing on my tv, I'm only getting an error while playing the contents from these two offerings. It keeps giving a playback error with code 52602 and nothing happens. Sometimes the error is not displayed and when the show starts it just freezes on the first scene itself and just stays there forever. I don't know if this issue is persisting only on LG TVs.

The offerings from jiocinema directly are playing but the max quality is Full HD along with an annoying logo of jiocinema at top right. Watched the first episode of Asur season 2 and the picture quality is horrible and not at all worth watching. Also after having a paid subscription there is an advert of 20-30secs at the start of shows.

I mainly subscribed for English tv shows from peacock and hbo, but really disappointed. Have created a ticket for cancelling and refunding the amount paid.

If anybody is planning to buy the subscription please be aware of this.
I got too.. waste of subscription with ads.. will check on
52602 error..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back