LG C1 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Hi
Recent owner of C148.. had a doubt regarding the stand for the tv. The technician initially came with a wall mount and i asked for the table stand. They said it will take 2 days and then came with a table mount and installed it. Later only i realised that it's not the same as what is shown in the display. Seems like a CX table mount. Trying to get it replaced from the service centre but they are saying this is the right stand. Can anyone confirm?
PXL-20211229-050525050.jpg
PXL-20211229-050549323.jpg
not a cx stand. this is jutting out too much in the front.
this is a cx stand.

this is a cx stand.
Thanks. Can anyone confirm if the C1 stand for 48 inch is
this is a cx stand.
Got it. Then it's not a CX I assume. The question still remains if they have installed the right stand for C1 48 inch. I checked the lg website also and it's showing a stand similar to the one you had linked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211228-114640.png
    Screenshot_20211228-114640.png
    736.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi
Recent owner of C148.. had a doubt regarding the stand for the tv. The technician initially came with a wall mount and i asked for the table stand. They said it will take 2 days and then came with a table mount and installed it. Later only i realised that it's not the same as what is shown in the display. Seems like a CX table mount. Trying to get it replaced from the service centre but they are saying this is the right stand. Can anyone confirm?
Not a straight forward answer, but helps you in your investigation and reach a conclusion:

1. Find the part number for your Stand(from a Stand sticker ? or Stand installation manual that you received ?, or Stand order placed by LG installation technician and tied to you original invoice ?)
2. Go to LG spare parts site(e.g www.lgcanadaparts.com) or https://www.tvserviceparts.com/LG-TV-Stand.html and search for this part. Compare with the stand pictures there or try google images with the part number.
3. Other source to try for images of default table stand for your TV are ebay.com(US) or hifishark
4. Within above LG site above, see what all TV models are compatible with your stand and does it list your TV as well.
e.g AAN76408802 table stand(https://www.lgcanadaparts.com/product/inv_18688190 and scroll down to description) is compatible with 2 TV models

My 2 cents: I think you may have received A compatible Base Stand for your TV model, rather than THE Base Stand that they advertise in their marketing pictures probably due to shortage of stock for the preferred one :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys I have just got C1 55 inch .

So I welcome all owners, prospective owners , interested parties , rival TV Tech owners to share there valuable inputs n feedback.

View attachment 64108

OLED is amazing. Even re-watching some movies that you watched umpteen times is a treat. Having a Ball right now!
just got my 55C1 a few months back and loving every git of it. What picture settings do you use? I haven been calibrating with different options and have tried Cinema, ISF Bright, ISF Dark, Filmmaker....... after a lot of trial & error, have settled on Filmmaker.

just got my 55C1 a few months back and loving every git of it. What picture settings do you use? I haven been calibrating with different options and have tried Cinema, ISF Bright, ISF Dark, Filmmaker....... after a lot of trial & error, have settled on Filmmaker.
filmmaker is the closest one to intended color , the movie creators wanted.

Even in that , i felt few personal changes are needed.

For me , its the contrast (dark regions) which needs to be adjusted.

Also do remember , movies and tv shows have different color setting. So make sure you use different profile for it.

I use Filmmaker for movies and Cinema for TV shows.

Also there needs adjustment regarding smoothness.

I still havent figured out how to remove the minute gitters the tv is showing when camera moves (slowly/fast)

Rtings.com mentioned that C1 has one of the worst pre calibrated color accuracy settings, not sure if it was only for first batches that they reviewed. I suggest watching this and settings they mention

I am trying to get C1 48 inch for under a lakh with offers, only amazon is delivering at my pincode, croma and reliance digital dont deliver to mine. but they dont have base stand I read in reviews. Does flipkart sellers do the same?

Rtings.com mentioned that C1 has one of the worst pre calibrated color accuracy settings, not sure if it was only for first batches that they reviewed. I suggest watching this and settings they mention

I am trying to get C1 48 inch for under a lakh with offers, only amazon is delivering at my pincode, croma and reliance digital dont deliver to mine. but they dont have base stand I read in reviews. Does flipkart sellers do the same?
Rtngs is one of the good sites to refer for settings. Their settings is a good place to start and then you can further tweak to suite your own preference. I also used to refer to them for my Samsung QLED. However, they do not talk about Filmmaker mode, which in my opinion is bang on!

filmmaker is the closest one to intended color , the movie creators wanted.

Even in that , i felt few personal changes are needed.

For me , its the contrast (dark regions) which needs to be adjusted.

Also do remember , movies and tv shows have different color setting. So make sure you use different profile for it.

I use Filmmaker for movies and Cinema for TV shows.

Also there needs adjustment regarding smoothness.

I still havent figured out how to remove the minute gitters the tv is showing when camera moves (slowly/fast)
camera movement or when the camera pans is all under TruMotion. I like to use Cinematic in TruMotion. Anymore more engages the dreaded soap opera effect which is blasphemy in the home theatre world! Of course all sites and experts always recommend to disable it, to get the most accurate image as close to the directors intent. Its a personal choice. I like to take advantage of the tech provided to make it a bit smoother to the eye.

camera movement or when the camera pans is all under TruMotion. I like to use Cinematic in TruMotion. Anymore more engages the dreaded soap opera effect which is blasphemy in the home theatre world! Of course all sites and experts always recommend to disable it, to get the most accurate image as close to the directors intent. Its a personal choice. I like to take advantage of the tech provided to make it a bit smoother to the eye.
I use cinematic motion only. soap opera is pure nonsense.. possibly might work for live sports channel.. but i hardly watrch any TV nowadays

Even under cinematic , there is mild judder. I need to explore more or use custom setting.

Problem is i cant find time to do it or experiment.. Even i planned to do a small review on C1 and possible a comparison with Hisense U6G

forget all the experts and their aversion to motion settings.
Set motion to smooth in all settings , whether filmmaker or HDR or cinematic.
This got rid of all my jitter and judder issues, which I faced a lot at the start of my buy

This got rid of all my jitter and judder issues, which I faced a lot at the start of my buy
Im pretty happy with TruMotion set to CINEMATIC.....but I guess shall try SMOOTH.

Hi
PXL-20211229-050525050.jpg
PXL-20211229-050549323.jpg
That stand looks different .. From other pictures the c1 stand has cable management . I've just got my 65 C1 and it's been 3 days since I got the stand .. Wonder why local LG don't keep inventory of stands & the like and instead push to opt for wall mount .

tried smooth , its touching the lines of soap opera effect.. :(

Under cinematic , there is judder !!

I need to tune under manual setting.

Also anyone else having black flickering ?

I was disturbed by the jitter a lot , and at least for me this setting worked.
Soap opera effect , I don't even understand what it is.
Maybe you try the settings for a few days and get used to them ?

I was disturbed by the jitter a lot , and at least for me this setting worked.
Soap opera effect , I don't even understand what it is.
Maybe you try the settings for a few days and get used to them ?
soap opera effect when the video flows too smooth

this is a very good example.

it takes out the feel of watching a movie.

Definitely a big NO for me.

The stutter you cannot completely eliminate. If you want to have a real cinematic experience don’t even think about smooth. It completely ruins it and introduces a lot of artefacts. The 24p contents will look like 60fps and look like watching an opera live. I also faced all these issues when I switched to Oled. At one point you will find the ideal settings and your eyes will get used to it. I use clear motion settings which controls the stutter and retains the cinematic experience in 24p contents without introducing soap effects. Could you elaborate on the black flickering part? I am unable to understand the exact issue.

The stutter you cannot completely eliminate. If you want to have a real cinematic experience don’t even think about smooth. It completely ruins it and introduces a lot of artefacts. The 24p contents will look like 60fps and look like watching an opera live. I also faced all these issues when I switched to Oled. At one point you will find the ideal settings and your eyes will get used to it. I use clear motion settings which controls the stutter and retains the cinematic experience in 24p contents without introducing soap effects. Could you elaborate on the black flickering part? I am unable to understand the exact issue.
I will also have to check my Himedia Android TV BOX player for proper frame rate output.

As for black flickering. There is mild black color flickering to grey while playing movies. I need to check it with other sources.

Last time i had this issue in my old Panny , it was due to my media player. But i have almost disabled all enchancements.

I need to check the cables and other stuff.. and even run the cable directly from my media player instead of through AVR..

I will also have to check my Himedia Android TV BOX player for proper frame rate output.

As for black flickering. There is mild black color flickering to grey while playing movies. I need to check it with other sources.

Last time i had this issue in my old Panny , it was due to my media player. But i have almost disabled all enchancements.

I need to check the cables and other stuff.. and even run the cable directly from my media player instead of through AVR..
Ok so I understand that the black colour is changing to grey and giving a flickering effect? What movies and time stamp please? Is it on HDR or SDR?Also have you used the black calibration slide for both HDR and SDR to set your black levels? This is important for Oled and the value varies panel to panel.

Did anyone else take table stand option for C1 55"? Installation guy called me today and said they only have wall mount right now and will order for table mount. It's second day from purchase, still tv is sitting in box sadly. Any idea if it's possible to turn on tv without properly mounting?
I'm having the same issue ..Tv is still in box for the last 3 days & no proper response from either LG or dealer on the stand .. pathetic . And why are they making delivery without proper accessories ...

How long did it take for your stand to arrive?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back