Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Hi all.

Reading this thread having just bought a QN90A with an ADS panel.

Don't be put off by poor measurements made in a lab with light meters etc .

I didn't realise mine was ADS for a month.

I came from a Q80T and my new Neo trounces it.

I also have an Oled B9 which I use in a darker room but don't game on it, and it's not bright enough during the day.

The QN90A ADS is less bright than the VA version.... and has lower contrast ratios, but it's SOoooooh bright ... 2 to 3x brighter than the Q80T... that you simply don't notice it in real world viewing.

I have never had to use contrast enhancer yet .... and that includes running COD ME Remastered night scenes !

The advantage of the ADS panel is simple.... NO rainbow reflections....... These are horrid...and put me off the Sony 900h (?) last year.

So just get one. It is still better than any of last years T models and unless your using it in a pitch black room ... you will not notice the reduced contrast levels.

Don't forget that contrast ratios in tge lab are measured at 100 lumens .... not many games or movies are that dark for long. Usually you have bright highlights, which are so bright on this TV .. over 1500 nits even in HDR ... that it makes the dark areas appear darker than they probably are.

So unless everything you view consists of muddy dark scenes, or spend your time watching HDR demo test slides, you don't need to worry. The "number" do not do it justice.

Also, the DSE on my new Neo is 10x better than on the Q80T. If I were to swap mine for a QN94 or 95 with a VA, I may get more brightness... which I don't need, or more contrast... which I wouldn't notice.. but, it may have worse DSE... AND, it WILL have rainbow reflections, which might drive me insane !

I'm keeping mine.

....as I say... this is coming from someone who has an Oled as well !
I have an ads panel too but when I use my phone's flashlight on the screen there is rainbow reflection.

If anyone wants to tinker around (may void the warranty) with the Service menu, you need one of these in your arsenal.

Actually I used this- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.remote.universal.control
app from my android phone and got to service menu and found out within 3 days usage my tv had 700hrs on it. Called the showroom guys and they replaced it for me.

Hi all, One shop is offering 65QN90A for around 1.6 lacs, is it a good deal for the model.
I think its a good price. But be sure to check the panel display time once you connect your tv with SmartThings app...

Last edited:
Guys what do you do to remove judder? I have disabled all the motion clarity setting and yet problem persists.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back