Confused between 55inch S90C, S95C, LG C3 and LG G3?

aswinrulez

As the title says I have shortlisted S90C, S95C, LG C3 and LG G3. Looking for a 55-inch TV and I went to a store to see it but I feel like the TV settings in all of them are set for demo. The colours seemed too bright. I asked the sales assistant to make sure all demo settings are off but he said it's not enabled however the video just felt overly bright and saturated.

So I am looking for advice from the owners of these TVs in this forum. I know S90C, and C3 belong to one category and S95C and G3 belong to another. I mentioned them together because if there is a huge difference between these categories I am willing to spend the money on the premium one. My only usage is watching movies.
The quote I got so far for the 55inch variant from Reliance Digital:
S90C - 1,46,900
S95C - 1,99,000
C3 - 1,46,000
G3 - 1,64,000

Your quotes are far above of what these all tvs are usually available for.

Try exploring other electronics stores in your city.

As online 55 inch 95c is available for 160k on electronic paradise
And samsung itself is selling the 65 inch s95c for 199k

While offline stores are usually cheaper than online prices.

Thanks. Yea they did mention additional 20-30k offer ones I decide on a model but wanted to know feedback from folks who have made the decision or bought one of the above

Have a S95C and G3. Both have it's pros and cons. Having used both (S95C more) for couple of months . Kept them in default mode more or less.
G3 - Quite bright, great OS, support for DTS, good processing.

S95C- Very punchy colours it will blow G3/C series out of the water, tizen sometime laggy but mostly fine. Cheaper. It is my primary TV. Love it. IMO get the S90C /S95C . Got mine 65 S95C @ 1.65 around Diwali from RD.

Have a S95C and G3. Both have it's pros and cons. Having used both (S95C more) for couple of months . Kept them in default mode more or less.

S95C- Very punchy colours it will blow G3/C series out of the water, tizen sometime laggy but mostly fine. Cheaper. It is my primary TV. Love it. IMO get the S90C /S95C . Got mine 65 S95C @ 1.65 around Diwali from RD.
I store the s95c was too colourful. Like unnaturally colorful. I asked the store guys if it is in some demo mode where everything is over saturated but they said no. I compared it with LG c3. They didn't have G3. Going to check G3 today. Samsung oleds don't support dts and dolby vision so have you noticed any difference when watching DV content in Netflix?

You can decrease the color but you will never get the color punch/ saturation from G3/C3 but of course u might like the mellow colours of the LG.
DV in my opinion is overestimated . I like the colours better in HDR/HDR 10 plus in S95C . Dts comes into play if you connect a bluray player directly to tv. Also heard that dts encoding may come in future in ott

Last edited:
I purchased the 65inch C3X from RD yesterday. With 2 2-year extended warranty making it a total of 5 years warranty, I paid 2.02L
great buy! i paid 1.7L for my c2 65inch last march.. failed to get extended warranty.. i am sure u will love all 4k contents and DV..share your experience..

I purchased the 65inch C3X from RD yesterday. With 2 2-year extended warranty making it a total of 5 years warranty, I paid 2.02L
Congrats!! Can you share pics of where it is in your room? When I buy, I'll have to place it next to a window hence asking. Is it bright enough for a living room?

Congrats!! Can you share pics of where it is in your room? When I buy, I'll have to place it next to a window hence asking. Is it bright enough for a living room?
checkout my C2 65inch tv. C3 and G3 gets brighter panels but there will be reflection still Manageable.

Can you please share which city you get it from? I have been quoted 1.6L for 65’ s90 through Reliance Digital

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back