G3 or S95C

pasha

Hi, I need to replace my aging Samsung 55" LED and have been looking at the offerings from Sony, LG and Samsung. Currently looking at the G3 and S95C 65" models. Content will be primarily 4K/10180p local and streamed Netflix, Prime, Hotstar. Minimal regional OTT channels. Playout devices are Apple TV, Odroid based Kodi box and Firestick 4K. I saw a demo of the G3 - pretty impressive, though the colour saturation seemed muted in 'Standard mode'. (I dont like the Vivid settings that stores leave their units on). Also the 90C they had next to it seemed to have better warmth and brightness. Couldnt find a S95C demo unit at Croma near me (Chennai), need to scout at other stores.

Have been reading up on these forums. While I am quite aware of video standards and advances, havent been in the TV market for a while so this group's inputs will be valuable. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I need to replace my aging Samsung 55" LED and have been looking at the offerings from Sony, LG and Samsung. Currently looking at the G3 and S95C 65" models. Content will be primarily 4K/10180p local and streamed Netflix, Prime, Hotstar. Minimal regional OTT channels. Playout devices are Apple TV, Odroid based Kodi box and Firestick 4K. I saw a demo of the G3 - pretty impressive, though the colour saturation seemed muted in 'Standard mode'. (I dont like the Vivid settings that stores leave their units on). Also the 90C they had next to it seemed to have better warmth and brightness. Couldnt find a S95C demo unit at Croma near me (Chennai), need to scout at other stores.

Have been reading up on these forums. While I am quite aware of video standards and advances, havent been in the TV market for a while so this group's inputs will be valuable. Thanks in advance.
Go for G3 as LG offered support even after the warranty expiry for a few in this message board while Samsung has shylocks running their service centers, plus G3 has DV support which Samsung does not have and it can passthrough DTS (Huge difference if you have an AV Receiver with 7 channels of passive speakers and two subwoofers to non DTS passthrough supporting TVs). Or go for Sony A95K/L. Sony has a critically acclaimed picture processor(XR) apart from offering DV and dts. Colours are more natural and can hit 1400 nits without throttling.

I would vote for G3 as well. It has very good warranty support, it has good UI, samsung UI sucks it reminds me of using some chinese TV. MLA Tech and LG OLED came a long way in being resistant to burn ins where as samsung still needs to prove itself. It's not easy to cause burn-in in LG OLED in 2023. Just get a static stabilizer if you have fluctuations and leave the TV on for it to run its pixel refresh cycles. That's it, you are good to go. Only at times when there is thunder or when there is a risk of frequent fluctuations just power off the TV.

I would vote for G3 as well. It has very good warranty support, it has good UI, samsung UI sucks it reminds me of using some chinese TV. MLA Tech and LG OLED came a long way in being resistant to burn ins where as samsung still needs to prove itself. It's not easy to cause burn-in in LG OLED in 2023. Just get a static stabilizer if you have fluctuations and leave the TV on for it to run its pixel refresh cycles. That's it, you are good to go. Only at times when there is thunder or when there is a risk of frequent fluctuations just power off the TV.
i have this
stabilizer
for my c2 65inch ok?

LG G3 all the way. I've the C3 and really happy with this, the G3 will be even more better compared to this.

Your comparison with Samsung S95C, just hands down with G3. I've heard some handshake issues with the one connect box of Samsung including max 40gbps speed supported due to the one connect interface, though this should not affect much. Dolby Vision and DTS passthrough are lacking from this. I think picture quality wise both S90c & 95c are same.

Whereas, coming to G3 the picture quality is at next level, and your complaint of standard mode is correct, best is Cinema, Cinema Home (my fav) & Filmmaker mode which I use in my C3.

Just go for G3 and I'm sure you'll not regret and love it.

From all of the online reviews that I have watched, Samsung S95C seems to have serious color accuracy issues so LG G3 all the way. This is a bit surprising considering that Sony uses the same panel and the A95L is by far the best TV in the planet this year

From all of the online reviews that I have watched, Samsung S95C seems to have serious color accuracy issues so LG G3 all the way. This is a bit surprising considering that Sony uses the same panel and the A95L is by far the best TV in the planet this year
You have clearly not seen Rtings review where the S95C is more accurate out of the box than G3.

Both are tuned well out of the box, can you point me to a review which shows S95C have ‘serious’ colour accuracy issues?

There were a few. This is one from What Hi-Fi. I had not book-marked the YouTube videos I am afraid. I will try to post a few of those as well.

(Please read the text around picture quality)

You have clearly not seen Rtings review where the S95C is more accurate out of the box than G3.

Both are tuned well out of the box, can you point me to a review which shows S95C have ‘serious’ colour accuracy issues?

I’d have to agree that the G3 is a bit muted on the colours front. I have the G3 77.

Also the recent reviews with the Fall of Usher seem to suggest that the S95c is quite good. And the differences can be adjusted to one’s preferences. In most places I also thought that it can hold its own against the A95L, but the XR’s processing abilities really lift that TV. Especially in sharpness and clarity.

I chose the G3 mostly because of its warranty coverage, slightly better voltage handling specs, and overall better connectivity options. In terms of picture quality alone, it’s on par or slightly behind at times. If the A95L fits in your budget then I’d say it’s the one.

There were a few. This is one from What Hi-Fi. I had not book-marked the YouTube videos I am afraid. I will try to post a few of those as well.

(Please read the text around picture quality)
Your so called review doesn’t even measure the accuracy of the TV.

I call BS on that. The TV has been measured by HDTVTest and Rtings both and has been accurate out of the box.

Subjective opinions don’t mean anything. Accuracy can be measured and anyone without equipment is not to be trusted

@lightgamer Dude, I do not give a damn about your thoughts. You can buy whatever you wish to buy - no need to be a troll and get all emotional. You win S 95C is the best - there you go.
Please try to respect forumers for their opinions. He is not a troll and is one of the best forum posters in television thread but he can be bluntly honest at times. So just take it cool.

I went ahead with the G3 65. Suits my requirement and image quality is good out of the box. Will need to fine tune. Thanks all for your inputs.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back