G3 or S95C

which one has better sound quality ? (without any soundbars/external speakers).
None of their speakers will beat even a 20k soundbar. Should be close enough.

Though according to rtings the G3 has better speakers. It also supports DTS passthrough which Samsung doesn't.
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 1.10.13 PM.png

Have the same dilemma, the S90/65 seem to have more impactful colour. The main concern I have with QD OLED is the reliability, not enough data on them in regards to burn in and other OLED issues. Especially in India with the lack of extended warranty that you get elsewhere.

I sort of feel that the UI issue can be dealt with by buying an Apple TV. Not too sure how much of an issue DV will be, how does it compare to HDR? Which of the two is more widely available via streaming in India?

Have the same dilemma, the S90/65 seem to have more impactful colour. The main concern I have with QD OLED is the reliability, not enough data on them in regards to burn in and other OLED issues. Especially in India with the lack of extended warranty that you get elsewhere.

I sort of feel that the UI issue can be dealt with by buying an Apple TV. Not too sure how much of an issue DV will be, how does it compare to HDR? Which of the two is more widely available via streaming in India?
The rtings test has run for 10 months already (equivalent to running CNN everyday for hours for 4.5 years) and the 2022 QD-OLEDs like sony A95K have hardly any burn in, doing better than WOLEDs in fact.

The 2023 lineup is even more impressive with the S95C after 6 months (2.5 years of simulated CNN usage) showing absolutely nothing while the G3 is showing minor burn-in after 4 months (source: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/longevity-results-after-10-months)

S95C after 6 months:
1698306541957.png

A95K after 10 months:

1698306567636.png

G3 after 4 months:

1698306604333.png

G2 after 10 months (lower brightness over G3 is helping a lot here):
1698306678407.png

My point is, even if you run news channels for 4-5 hours everyday you won't get burn in on any of these TVs in the next 5 years. And with mixed usage you're gonna be safe for 8-10 years at least.

Here's an older WOLED for comparison to see how bad they used to be:

LG CX:

1698306778457.png

I went ahead with the G3 65. Suits my requirement and image quality is good out of the box. Will need to fine tune. Thanks all for your inputs.
Congrats. Good call—they’re all great TVs, so one over the other at times just tends to be just minor preferences here and there.

Here's an older WOLED for comparison to see how bad they used to be:

LG CX:
These burn ins might not occur in older woled panels too, provided the pixel refreshing is let to happen even if news is watched for a long time every day. Pixel refresh feature completion run is identified whenever the TV starts with the black screen with only Web OS with a TV output rectangular sign as against the background of flowers picture screen. Some users dont let it happen by switching off TV at the switch board (hard switch off) as against just switching off by remote(soft switch off) after hours of use. (That can be done in LCD TVs)

These burn ins might not occur in older woled panels too, provided the pixel refreshing is let to happen even if news is watched for a long time every day. Pixel refresh feature completion run is identified whenever the TV starts with the black screen with only Web OS with a TV output rectangular sign as against the background of flowers picture screen. Some users dont let it happen by switching off TV at the switch board (hard switch off) as against just switching off by remote(soft switch off) after hours of use. (That can be done in LCD TVs)
Yup for regular use even the older WOLEDs will be fine for 5+ years at least. Rtings also lets the pixel refresher run, but the CNN usage is too tough on the TV.

And the CX also is a lot better than C7 for example.

Overall, burn in won’t happen for regular users. Its a non issue

Are you saying Samsung doesn’t sell extended warranty in India? That would be insane

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back