Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Any idea when this QNED range will be available? I do need a TV badly, but I would rather hold on for a few months if a new tech is going to be coming soon.

In lg's website it says coming soon. Maybe 2022 release. It's kinda like nano cell technology(lg's quantum dot) in a VA panel with mini LED replacing FALD LED. Many issues with LCD technology is addressed here.

Firstly I don't think there is much difference numerically between 1500:1 n 2000:1 anyways. Neither do I know or even claim to know which website is supposed to be credible or not.

All i know is that is the QN90A ADS performed better or atleast on par with a Sony X90J (VA panel).It is not just the Samsung QN90A but I have similarly come across multiple LG QNED 4K/8K owners saying that there QNEDs(IPS) had better blacks than many typical VA panels.

Maybe the combination of Mini LED + multiple dimming zones + dimming algorithm makes an IPS/ADS panel perform better than a typical 6000:1 VA panel. Seeing is believing right.
It is going to be VA panel with QNED. An lg employee told me.

The link you quoted is a spec comparison site, which I don't deem as credible source.

Do you have a source that actually measures the native contrast, and does not quote from somewhere shady? Because I have never seen an IPS type panel measure over 1500:1 native contrast, and I just don't believe it.

If someone could do 2000:1 with an IPS panel, that would be game-changing and we'd definitely hear more about it.
ADS is not IPS exactly. So maybe it has better contrast or a mid-zone between ips and VA maybe.

Firstly I don't think there is much difference numerically between 1500:1 n 2000:1 anyways. Neither do I know or even claim to know which website is supposed to be credible or not.
There's a pretty big difference when your contrast gets down low enough. Even between say 800:1 and 1000:1 there's very big difference.

The difference between 1500:1 to 2000:1 in a dark room will be way more noticeable than 5000:1 v/s 10000:1

There's a pretty big difference when your contrast gets down low enough. Even between say 800:1 and 1000:1 there's very big difference.

The difference between 1500:1 to 2000:1 in a dark room will be way more noticeable than 5000:1 v/s 10000:1
Yeah maybe that's the case but you are referring to the native contrast ratio and I am referring to the contrast ratio after the local dimming is switched on .Please do remember in Samsung TVs there is no option to switch off the local dimming so in most picture modes you get anywhere from 9000:1 to 20,000 in white n black checker board test pattern , In real life viewing the blacks n perceived contrast performs even better.

While something like a Samsung Q70T or the Frame might have a higher native contrast ratio of 8000:1 but since there is no local dimming hence it cannot improve on those numbers. If you were to compare a QN90A ADS n the Frame side by side the former will have better n deeper blacks.

Yeah maybe that's the case but you are referring to the native contrast ratio and I am referring to the contrast ratio after the local dimming is switched on .Please do remember in Samsung TVs there is no option to switch off the local dimming so in most picture modes you get anywhere from 9000:1 to 20,000 in white n black checker board test pattern , In real life viewing the blacks n perceived contrast performs even better.
Yes, that's correct.
While something like a Samsung Q70T or the Frame might have a higher native contrast ratio of 8000:1 but since there is no local dimming hence it cannot improve on those numbers. If you were to compare a QN90A ADS n the Frame side by side the former will have better n deeper blacks.
Usually yes, but in things like subtitles, there will be bad blooming as white text on a black background will always force native contrast level. Even 10000 dimming zones won't help there.

I am afraid they will offer a refund, and you will be left with the Coupon. Most electronics companies take a similar approach here. Ask the Samsung representative to give you a discount on the next model you plan to purchase by redeeming the Coupon. If you are persuasive enough, they will do it.
Hii, yes they denied refund again and the store rep also said they can't do anything. Inspite of asking for good discount, he gave me a price of Rs 1,40,000/- for QN90A 55inch which is lousy.

Does anyone know what is the best price available right now for this model? I was expecting it to be around 1,20,000/- or less. I will check in Reliance Digital today.

Hii, yes they denied refund again and the store rep also said they can't do anything. Inspite of asking for good discount, he gave me a price of Rs 1,40,000/- for QN90A 55inch which is lousy.

Does anyone know what is the best price available right now for this model? I was expecting it to be around 1,20,000/- or less. I will check in Reliance Digital today.
If it's coming with any free goodies like a soundbar, then probably okay. But do check with other retailers too.

IMO the best outcome will be getting a 55 inchQN90A. I am pretty certain you are not going to get a refund. Better negotiate a good deal on the QN90A 55 inch. If you again get a defective one then you can straight away raise a refund request this time. And if you get a good panel win win for you. Either your team Oled or qled and in your case since you finalised on 50inch QN90A I assume you are on team qled.
Yes, I didn't get the refund nor did the store give any good discount. I am thinking of buying from Reliance digital as atleast they have 10 days replacement policy. The Kohinoor store person says 1,40,000/- and If i get a better deal anywhere else then to call him. But I am not keen to buy from them anymore.

Yes I was definitely team qled because of the VA panel. Now after experiencing the service from Samsung, had thought of going for OLED. Now no choice left but QLED.

Yes, that's correct.

Usually yes, but in things like subtitles, there will be bad blooming as white text on a black background will always force native contrast level. Even 10000 dimming zones won't help there.
I can't speak with 100% certainty about other IPS /ADS TVs but subtitles are handled very well in Samsung Falds even on my own ADS panel. One place where Samsung Falds especially the ADS version trips up are those LG Global OLED demos ( for instance in a pitch dark room if there is a scene with a bright yellow flower surrounded by black background then that yellow flower will leave a obvious halo n a glow )

But one rarely comes across these kind of scenes in real life viewing. Maybe the QN90A VA will handle these kind of scenes 2 or 2.5 X times better than ADS.

Having said all that I will always prefer a VA over IPS/ADS. Infact in my current litigation with Samsung India is based on the fact that there product team had promised or assured me a VA version which led me to pulling the trigger...

Yes, I didn't get the refund nor did the store give any good discount. I am thinking of buying from Reliance digital as atleast they have 10 days replacement policy. The Kohinoor store person says 1,40,000/- and If i get a better deal anywhere else then to call him. But I am not keen to buy from them anymore.

Yes I was definitely team qled because of the VA panel. Now after experiencing the service from Samsung, had thought of going for OLED. Now no choice left but QLED.
Why are you not involving National consumer helpline or threatening Samsung with a formal case in your local district consumer forum ...

Rs 140K for 55" is the best price you can get currently. Everywhere else it is between 170 to 175k with only Vijay Sales offering 144k. As a fellow FM asked you whether you are Team OLED or QLED n you replied the later, you also conceded you have no choicest but to remain in QLED team.

Are Samsung willing to extend your coupon for an year then you can go for there next year Mini LED or there much touted OLED. You could even consider QN85A 55" for Rs 20k less without losing much on PQ , maybe instead of QN90A:2200 nits you will get 1700 nits with QN85A . If you only want VA then go for last year's Q90T ...

Why are you not involving National consumer helpline or threatening Samsung with a formal case in your local district consumer forum ...

Rs 140K for 55" is the best price you can get currently. Everywhere else it is between 170 to 175k with only Vijay Sales offering 144k. As a fellow FM asked you whether you are Team OLED or QLED n you replied the later, you also conceded you have no choicest but to remain in QLED team.

Are Samsung willing to extend your coupon for an year then you can go for there next year Mini LED or there much touted OLED. You could even consider QN85A 55" for Rs 20k less without losing much on PQ , maybe instead of QN90A:2200 nits you will get 1700 nits with QN85A . If you only want VA then go for last year's Q90T ...
Hii, I got a price of Rs 1,29,000 at one Reliance store after negotiations with additional cashback of Rs 5,750/-. I had been in touch with them. Initially they said the Diwali offer had finished and that's why the prices were high. Later they took permission and got this price with additional cash back on HDFC card.

Since I had a coupon for 83,000, the cashback amount on the remaining payment was coming to around Rs 5,750 with month EMI. I booked it few days back. They will deliver it by next week.

As for the threatening samsung part, I had mentioned in the email to the Service head but they still didn't budge. I have not ruled out that option yet. Since currently I am a little busy with work and health issues, I have decided to give a try to the 55inch.

The coupon was only for 3 months and they maybe would extend only for few months or weeks. What the Reliance store person said to us was interesting. He said nowadays some other companies don't even give coupon, they only provide panel replacement. Here atleast samsung provided you a choice. I am not sure how true that is.

Hii, I got a price of Rs 1,29,000 at one Reliance store after negotiations with additional cashback of Rs 5,750/-. I had been in touch with them. Initially they said the Diwali offer had finished and that's why the prices were high. Later they took permission and got this price with additional cash back on HDFC card.

Since I had a coupon for 83,000, the cashback amount on the remaining payment was coming to around Rs 5,750 with month EMI. I booked it few days back. They will deliver it by next week.

As for the threatening samsung part, I had mentioned in the email to the Service head but they still didn't budge. I have not ruled out that option yet. Since currently I am a little busy with work and health issues, I have decided to give a try to the 55inch.

The coupon was only for 3 months and they maybe would extend only for few months or weeks. What the Reliance store person said to us was interesting. He said nowadays some other companies don't even give coupon, they only provide panel replacement. Here atleast samsung provided you a choice. I am not sure how true that is.
Both the panel replacement done by others n Samsung coupon are the same thing in the end. Samsung ultimately wants you buy there own product now you can utilise that coupon to get a new or a replacement TV or a Samsung Washing machine , Samsung Smartphone. If Samsung were really interested in giving you or me a choice then either they should refund or have a no questions asked return policy and not put a time limit on there coupon.

You are getting a great deal with Reliance n hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck !!!

Both the panel replacement done by others n Samsung coupon are the same thing in the end. Samsung ultimately wants you buy there own product now you can utilise that coupon to get a new or a replacement TV or a Samsung Washing machine , Samsung Smartphone. If Samsung were really interested in giving you or me a choice then either they should refund or have a no questions asked return policy and not put a time limit on there coupon.

You are getting a great deal with Reliance n hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck !!!
In India these no questions asked return policy will hugely backfire. The same Samsung in USA would offer such warranty but here in India, people would use the TVs for a few days and return them gladly. We are rinsed with conservative nature that at the end of the day money is king and once they have achieved seeing a big screen tv in their living rooms, take a few selfies and return the product! Infact india is a street smart sales zone and so their policies must be stingy in order to survive. Take my word, in 20 years time, if you even make an enquiry about a TV, you will have to buy it, they will make their policies that way.

Got the delivery of 55inch QN90A 2 days back. The installation guy from Reliance opened the TV box today and it was badly damaged. The screen was shattered and the entire tv was bent.

Reliance will send a replacement ‍♂️.

Attachments

• IMG-20211123-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20211123-WA0013.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20211123-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20211123-WA0007.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 31
Got the delivery of 55inch QN90A 2 days back. The installation guy from Reliance opened the TV box today and it was badly damaged. The screen was shattered and the entire tv was bent.

Reliance will send a replacement ‍♂️.
Why do these things happen like clockwork with Samsung products?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back