Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Hi guys! I have recently purchased 50 Inch QN90A from Kohinoor in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

Got the delivery and installation today. Unfortunately once it was turned on, i could see a bright spot on the panel continuously on. The Samsung installation person was alzo present and he confirmed it.

The light from the Led's in the back were seen. The bright spot stays on even when the TV is turned off using the remote .

From what I have read, it looks like the diffuser lens on the leds has fallen. But this is a mini led so not sure if its the same issue but looks like that .

It happens with regular size Led's. I have asked for a replacement from the Kohinoor store and they have agreed. They will get a confirmation from the Samsung HO tomorrow after sending email.

Have any of you faced such a situation? The panel seems VA as i could see a flash after tapping.
Hi guys!

Samsung technicians visited twice and few days back gave me the option of panel replacement for the 50QN90A or complete replacement.
I said I want complete replacement as it was brought damaged from day 1.

They said they will issue a coupon in few days which I can go to the store and redeem for a replacement.

I was quoted 65QN90A at 1.82 at Croma without negotiations and they were trying to sell it over Oled's .Picture quality was really good and the sound quality was better than LG Oled's with bass and Object Tracking Sound option like Sony's Oled's.

I was quoted 65QN90A at 1.82 at Croma without negotiations and they were trying to sell it over Oled's .Picture quality was really good and the sound quality was better than LG Oled's with bass and Object Tracking Sound option like Sony's Oled's.
That's a reasonable quote; probably, the price will come down a bit further with CB. QN90A is indeed a good Tv provided you win the pannel lottery. They have some DSE issues, but this shouldn't matter much if you are not much into sports.

Hi guys!

Samsung technicians visited twice and few days back gave me the option of panel replacement for the 50QN90A or complete replacement.

They said they will issue a coupon in few days which I can go to the store and redeem for a replacement

Hi guys!

They said they will issue a coupon in few days which I can go to the store and redeem for a replacement.
Do keep us posted.

Hi guys, as mentioned earlier my new 50' QN90A received last month was defective on arrival.

Samsung had issued a coupon for same amount to buy another samsung tv. They did not provide replacement. Now there is no stock anywhere for 50' and I got confirmation from samsung on email that its discontinued.

I mentioned this to the dealer and samsung. They say you can upgrade to 55' by paying the difference amount or buy another model.

I asked for payment refund but they said they cannot give refund. Yesterday I have sent email again and escalated the issue.

They said they will get back to me. Can they really do this? Force buyer to buy something else and not provide refund? Especially since it was defective on arrival itself.

This is so unusual. If the model is discontinued in the same year that it was introduced, you can rest assured there are some serious unresolvable defects in the product.

Please push hard for a refund, and stay miles away from this model.

This is so unusual. If the model is discontinued in the same year that it was introduced, you can rest assured there are some serious unresolvable defects in the product.

Please push hard for a refund, and stay miles away from this model.
I had sent email to service head. I got a call today from Mr. Akshay Verma, Manager, customer experience.

He said since you have accepted the coupon now nothing can be done. I told him that i was forced to accept as they had not mentioned an option to refund that time. He insisted that you should have asked for refund that time and we could have done something.

So they are finding ways to not accept their responsibility. I told him how would I have known that the model was going to be discontinued, you did not mention that time.

But he kept on saying that you are speaking to the service head , as if i should not get angry and just accepts whats he says. He said there is no one else to speak to and he is the last authority. Then i said just send me what you said on email.

Now i will be forced to buy 55 inch model by paying significantly extra if I do not get refund.

Do keep us posted.
Hii,

I have posted what happened later in the two posts above.

Now i would like to know if all attempts for refund are exhausted, then is the 55 inch worth it? Since i know you own the TV. I would like to know your experience. Is there any blooming with ADS panel? I mostly watch Netflix and Prime Video. No sports and for gaming as a monitor for few hrs in a week.

I was thinking if i could get the refund somehow then i can go with LG C1 48 inch. I have really had enough with samsung service. It would also be cheaper than the 55inch QN90A.

Guess the coupon can be used to buy any samsung products. Try to sell the coupon to some one looking for buying a samsung product.
The coupon is non transferable. My name is printed so i guess the invoice has to be in my name only. Samsung leaves no stone unturned to harras customer. Even with the coupon they have clauses and it has to be used within 3 months only.

The coupon is non transferable. My name is printed so i guess the invoice has to be in my name only. Samsung leaves no stone unturned to harras customer. Even with the coupon they have clauses and it has to be used within 3 months only.

If I may, another option in front of you here is :
Find a friend or family or in fact anyone in the classifieds who would like to buy this TV, and check with them if they would be alright taking this TV off of you. Give them a 5-10k discount to sweeten the deal if you have to.

Samsung India are cheats period and it’s high time people realise it. I bash them given the chance in every threads with a hope that at-least one potential buyer sees my comment and backs of rather then being in your situation. My brother also cheated recently with a faulty qled tv.

Samsung India are cheats period and it’s high time people realise it. I bash them given the chance in every threads with a hope that at-least one potential buyer sees my comment and backs of rather then being in your situation. My brother also cheated recently with a faulty qled tv.
I try the same, but we as humans have various mechanisms to justify by any means what we want.

This reminds me, I bought an Acer monitor worth 50k(premium segment) it had panel issues, they replaced the panel for me 3 times and i still wasn't satisfied. So they did the thing every brand should do, refunded me the entire amount, no ifs no buts.
As a result I willingly went back and picked up another Acer monitor which was perfect and serves me well to this day. Because i knew they had my back if i encountered any panel issue and wont cheat me.

And Acer isn't even close to Samsung when it comes to brand value and size.

Hii,

I have posted what happened later in the two posts above.

Now i would like to know if all attempts for refund are exhausted, then is the 55 inch worth it? Since i know you own the TV. I would like to know your experience. Is there any blooming with ADS panel? I mostly watch Netflix and Prime Video. No sports and for gaming as a monitor for few hrs in a week.

I was thinking if i could get the refund somehow then i can go with LG C1 48 inch. I have really had enough with samsung service. It would also be cheaper than the 55inch QN90A.
I just yesterday via my lawyer filed a legal case in the district consumer court against Samsung, you could perhaps try calling National Consumer Helpline number and then those guys will then get in touch with Samsung...

As for the ADS thing i don't have much issues with it , it's not obviously a VA but still better than a IPS . I had a Sony X90J (VA panel) home demo last month and surprisingly the Samsung ADS had better, deeper blacks n contrast than the Sony. The blooming is very well controlled unless you are viewing those OLED torture test YouTube videos in a pitch dark room.

Atleast Samsung should be willing to offer you a 24 hour free home demo for the 55" version .

I just yesterday via my lawyer filed a legal case in the district consumer court against Samsung, you could perhaps try calling National Consumer Helpline number and then those guys will then get in touch with Samsung...

As for the ADS thing i don't have much issues with it , it's not obviously a VA but still better than a IPS . I had a Sony X90J (VA panel) home demo last month and surprisingly the Samsung ADS had better, deeper blacks n contrast than the Sony. The blooming is very well controlled unless you are viewing those OLED torture test YouTube videos in a pitch dark room.

Atleast Samsung should be willing to offer you a 24 hour free home demo for the 55" version .
A consumer court case?!! Love4Sound was right about Samsung!! I feel sorry for you for such a run around.

If I may, another option in front of you here is :
Find a friend or family or in fact anyone in the classifieds who would like to buy this TV, and check with them if they would be alright taking this TV off of you. Give them a 5-10k discount to sweeten the deal if you have to.
Actually this 50 inch model is discontinued now so i doubt anyone would be willing to buy it, there is no stock either and I dont have the TV now, since it was faulty they have taken it back and given a coupon.

Its good that you are filing a case. I had the faulty 50 inch for few days. It had a VA panel so blacks were good but side viewing affected the colours and vibrancy. When watching HDR content in low light i could still see some blooming around subtitles but it was minimal and mostly when viewed from an angle.

Its good that sony provided you with a demo. Was that provided from the dealer end or sony?

How is the side viewing like at an angle of 30 degrees approx? This TV will be in my bedroom and I will be at a distance of 3 to 4 feet. Is the blooming more noticeable in HDR at an angle?

I am sorry to be asking so many questions since in the store its in a bright environment and all looks good and I highly doubt samsung would give me a demo.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back