Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

LG 77C1 AROUND 4L
LG 83C1 AROUND 7
SONY 85J AROUND 5
kindly comment..
thanks..

If your looking for comments then when I buy a new TV I will be buying a Samsung 85" that is available then. IMO some of the advice you are given is biased (expected),objective (irrelevant) and not helpful. If you can demo these TVs you should do so and decide for yourself. I've found OLEDs to be dim and lack pop, on the opposite side Samsung TVs have more brightness and pop. If you like that dull washed out type of picture get an OLED, if you like brightness and pop then get a Samsung. Just IMO of course.

I will add, I have 3 projectors which I don't use anymore, moved to TVs.

LG 77C1 AROUND 4L
LG 83C1 AROUND 7
SONY 85J AROUND 5
kindly comment..
thanks..
Where did you get the 5lakhs quote? Sony X85J in shopatsc is around 4.55 lakhs. In brick and mortar stores you will find better deals. So let us keep it at ~4.3 plus some cashbacks or some other incentives.

Where did you get the 5lakhs quote? Sony X85J in shopatsc is around 4.55 lakhs. In brick and mortar stores you will find better deals. So let us keep it at ~4.3 plus some cashbacks or some other incentives.
yes.. hope around 4l.
what about Views of Decadent_Spectr ?
comparing to samsung, LG oled brightness is worst?

Last edited:
I would say just about this time last year they sold 85" 8000H which was a 60 hz panel with low contrast at 5.24 lakhs during normal season to max discount of 4.84 lakhs during diwali. This one is 120 hertz plus they have home automation voice command added(which was available only in 9500 series of Sony.) A year later you may get a FALD 85" for 3.8 lakhs. So just kill a few months and you will get a smarter deal.

yes.. hope around 4l.
what about Views of Decadent_Spectr ?
comparing to samsung, LG oled brightness is worst?
Each will have their own opinion. An OLED is not ideal for brightness enthusiasts. Let's say you like a nice smooth single malt whisky that's costlier than an immediate buzz inducing vodka but the same vodka is sold in a fancy bottle with some sweet cranberry flavour that matches the price of the single malt, would you consider the later over the former?

LG 77C1 AROUND 4L
LG 83C1 AROUND 7
SONY 85J AROUND 5
kindly comment..
thanks..
You seriously ought to visit a showroom n start seeing things for yourself as @ Decadent_Spectre alluded to.I am biased towards FALD with a Quantum dot filter as they have more brightness pop n more saturation than WGRB OLED while many others prefer the perfect blacks n great grey uniformity of OLEDs. I am fortunate that I have both ;)

You also seem very fascinated with huge screen sizes inspite the advice to the contrary by me n @Donivlapog . It would help more If you could share with us what TV you are currently using ...you must have certain preferences regarding to image quality or what to you constitutes an ideal PQ or what are deal-breakers ...

You seriously ought to visit a showroom n start seeing things for yourself as @ Decadent_Spectre alluded to.I am biased towards FALD with a Quantum dot filter as they have more brightness pop n more saturation than WGRB OLED while many others prefer the perfect blacks n great grey uniformity of OLEDs. I am fortunate that I have both ;)

You also seem very fascinated with huge screen sizes inspite the advice to the contrary by me n @Donivlapog . It would help more If you could share with us what TV you are currently using ...you must have certain preferences regarding to image quality or what to you constitutes an ideal PQ or what are deal-breakers ...
Samsung plasma 64". Recommended by this forum more than 4 years before.

Does the qn90a 50" come with wall mount for orders on Flipkart? In specifications it says no. And in a review and Q&A from a buyer they also say no and they got it from the Samsung service agents.

But Samsung service agent says flipkart should have sent the wall mount and sent me some PDF as proof and that they can't deliver it

I contacted flipkart but they said they can't do anything about it nor I can contact the seller because as per him it's not a 3rd party seller to raise a complaint or something.

Does the qn90a 50" come with wall mount for orders on Flipkart? In specifications it says no. And in a review and Q&A from a buyer they also say no and they got it from the Samsung service agents.

But Samsung service agent says flipkart should have sent the wall mount and sent me some PDF as proof and that they can't deliver it

I contacted flipkart but they said they can't do anything about it nor I can contact the seller because as per him it's not a 3rd party seller to raise a complaint or something.
Did you purchase from Flipkart Assured cos if you did then Flipkart/ Samsung are duty bound to wall mount your TV. As far I know 50 inch QN90A does not come with any restictions with respect to wall mounting.

Infact on Flipkart product page Wall Bracket is categorically mentioned under standard installation. Try calling Flipkart n Samsung again n if they don't listen please call National Consumer Helpline No. 1800-11-4000 .

Is anyone interested in buying 65" QN90A for Diwali. If any has information regarding the discounted pricing, then please share. Thank you.

Did you purchase from Flipkart Assured cos if you did then Flipkart/ Samsung are duty bound to wall mount your TV. As far I know 50 inch QN90A does not come with any restictions with respect to wall mounting.

Infact on Flipkart product page Wall Bracket is categorically mentioned under standard installation. Try calling Flipkart n Samsung again n if they don't listen please call National Consumer Helpline No. 1800-11-4000 .
Yeah I think there was a mistake on their side. It has been solved a day later after contacting Samsung.

Why there are no group buy's for QN90A ? :rolleyes:It is such a nice TV nah ? An X90J alternative ! Be it ADS Panel, but still I see that it has a very good PQ. I trust my eyes, I didn't knew that it was not VA but the PQ is not bad at all, blooming is well controlled and picture is very rich. But Samsung is very lazy in launching Diwali offers, still offers are no where to be seen. I would like to consider this TV. A mini led TV with great hardware. Sony has very good Processing but Samsung has very good hardware over X90J, a mini led with a lot more Dimming zones and BFI.. and also well controlled blooming over the X90J. Sony wins on the processing side but over all QN90A is a better TV.

Hi guys! I have recently purchased 50 Inch QN90A from Kohinoor in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

Got the delivery and installation today. Unfortunately once it was turned on, i could see a bright spot on the panel continuously on. The Samsung installation person was alzo present and he confirmed it.

The light from the Led's in the back were seen. The bright spot stays on even when the TV is turned off using the remote .

From what I have read, it looks like the diffuser lens on the leds has fallen. But this is a mini led so not sure if its the same issue but looks like that .

It happens with regular size Led's. I have asked for a replacement from the Kohinoor store and they have agreed. They will get a confirmation from the Samsung HO tomorrow after sending email.

Have any of you faced such a situation? The panel seems VA as i could see a flash after tapping.

Attachments

• IMG-20211026-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20211026-WA0023.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20211026-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20211026-WA0024.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20211026-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20211026-WA0025.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20211026-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20211026-WA0022.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 25
Why there are no group buy's for QN90A ? :rolleyes:It is such a nice TV nah ? An X90J alternative ! Be it ADS Panel, but still I see that it has a very good PQ. I trust my eyes, I didn't knew that it was not VA but the PQ is not bad at all, blooming is well controlled and picture is very rich. But Samsung is very lazy in launching Diwali offers, still offers are no where to be seen. I would like to consider this TV. A mini led TV with great hardware. Sony has very good Processing but Samsung has very good hardware over X90J, a mini led with a lot more Dimming zones and BFI.. and also well controlled blooming over the X90J. Sony wins on the processing side but over all QN90A is a better TV.
Samsung has a lot of complaints wrt QN90A such as dirty screen effects, bad pixels, mini LED disarray etc...It would take about a year or so to get the remedies in place and better QCing to reflect in a a better customer satisfaction feedback and after which it would be the trending TV. Plus they have VA in 85" and 50" only. Samsung is a brand that has just wide service network but their after sales has always been criticised by end users. So a caveat on that one. If it is a cheap tv no issues. But it is a flagship pricy model.

Yes even I was surprised that an ADS panel QN90A beat a VA panel TV like X90J for black level/ contrast. IMO QN90A processor Neo Quantum 4k is as good if not better than Sony XR processor. Apart from blacks QN90A gets so much brighter n more colourful/ WCG than Sony X90J.

However as I have highlighted multiple times in this thread QN90A panels generally n particularly my set suffes from Fald Grid/ vertical bars . It is not visible or discernible in normal viewing but it can get bothersome while viewing Cricket ( This game is like a torture test for panning shots related DSE much more so than Ice Hockey) QN85A on other hand has a surprisingly clean panel !!!

As for no buying groups for QN90A I concur with you , Q90T and Q90T were very good too but apart from one odd owner there is barely anyone else here... Conversly there must be atleast three odd dozen LG n Sony OLED owners here .If Samsung drastically improve there QC, Customer service , aggressive pricing ,positive word of mouth n Mini LED tech getting more traction just might change things here (hifivision).

Samsung has a lot of complaints wrt QN90A such as dirty screen effects, bad pixels, mini LED disarray etc...It would take about a year or so to get the remedies in place and better QCing to reflect in a a better customer satisfaction feedback and after which it would be the trending TV. Plus they have VA in 85" and 50" only. Samsung is a brand that has just wide service network but their after sales has always been criticised by end users. So a caveat on that one. If it is a cheap tv no issues. But it is a flagship pricy model.
Yes, what you said is true. And DSE is quiet normal now a days, it can be seen even in the OLED Panels when I run play those specific gradient colours but it is not affecting my viewing experience in any way but what is not common is QC issues with Samsung TVs, off late their QC has gotten worse. I thought of getting this TV in 65" size if the price was 1.40L. But Samsung priced it more or at par with OLED TVs which is very disappointing and I am boycotting Samsung for this, even during Diwali the best quote I got was 1.90 L for 65".

Yes even I was surprised that an ADS panel QN90A beat a VA panel TV like X90J for black level/ contrast. IMO QN90A processor Neo Quantum 4k is as good if not better than Sony XR processor. Apart from blacks QN90A gets so much brighter n more colourful/ WCG than Sony X90J.

However as I have highlighted multiple times in this thread QN90A panels generally n particularly my set suffes from Fald Grid/ vertical bars . It is not visible or discernible in normal viewing but it can get bothersome while viewing Cricket ( This game is like a torture test for panning shots related DSE much more so than Ice Hockey) QN85A on other hand has a surprisingly clean panel !!!

As for no buying groups for QN90A I concur with you , Q90T and Q90T were very good too but apart from one odd owner there is barely anyone else here... Conversly there must be atleast three odd dozen LG n Sony OLED owners here .If Samsung drastically improve there QC, Customer service , aggressive pricing ,positive word of mouth n Mini LED tech getting more traction just might change things here (hifivision).
Yes, I agree with everything you have said. And thanks for being a torch bearer of QN90A (Samsung's flagship). Even with ADS Panel, the TV beats X90J but not VFM with ADS Panel and their Pathetic pricing. A bad move by Samsung for giving ADS over VA. And we have no rtings on this side of the world to test an ADS panel. The kind of equipment Rtings uses to test TVs is amazing. I wish Rtings tested ADS variant and blasted Samsung. Lol.

But to be Frank, QN90A was on top of my list. Over the OLED as well. I was ready to sacrifice Dolby Vision and XR Processing. Because of the PQ it is producing, the one I tested in the store. Like I said earlier, Samsung has beefier hardware, Sony is trying to control blooming through software and Sony is known for their FALD Algorithms and processing. But still Samsung QN90A beats X90J with its hardware, more Dimming zones, wide colour gamut and black frame insertion. And tip of the iceberg is Q-Symphony.

One can thoroughly enjoy QN90A even with an ADS Panel if they are lucky with Panel Lottery and more importantly if the price is under 1.50 L for the 65" considering OLED Pricing is at @1.85L for the 65" during Diwali.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back