Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

From where can i get the QN90A 50 inch in mumbai ? The one on flipkart has a good price but the seller IWQNBecommerce has poor product quality reviews 3.1/5 and the seller is on FK for 2 years.

How is the DSE ? I had horrible DSE on my X900H which i had to refund, now due to financial limitations LG CX 48 and this TV are mostly my only top end options. Won't go for chinese brands.

I did come across your posts where you had highlighted your DSE/ vertical banding on your then X900H n eventually you got the refund from Sony while in my case I will be tomorrow lodging a formal complaint against Samsung India in the consumer court.

Samsung QN90A in India / Asia is an ADS n not a VA panel but inspite of that I can say on
the basis of directly comparing QN90A to Sony X90J the Samsung has better blacks, less blooming n thrice more colour n brightness , Neo Quantum processor is equal if not better than Sony's much hyped XR !!!.

Coming to my QN90A the DSE / FALD Grid is only visible while in panning shots or sports like Cricket , Ice Hockey n so I asked for a replacement but Samsung refused saying DSE is not considered a panel defect by them hence the court case .

Look with DSE it might be a case of panel lottery i.e one set will have negligible amount while some can be extreme like your X900H or moderate like my QN90A. If you find a demo piece of any Fald TV n play Cricket or Ice Hockey on it n if you can't notice any DSE then ask the store guys to pack that particular set, this is not an OLED where the prior usage matters so don't fall in to the tendency of going for a packed , brand new TV unless you want to play the panel lottery game.

From where can i get the QN90A 50 inch in mumbai ? The one on flipkart has a good price but the seller IWQNBecommerce has poor product quality reviews 3.1/5 and the seller is on FK for 2 years.

How is the DSE ? I had horrible DSE on my X900H which i had to refund, now due to financial limitations LG CX 48 and this TV are mostly my only top end options. Won't go for chinese brands.

I did come across your posts where you had highlighted your DSE/ vertical banding on your then X900H n eventually you got the refund from Sony while in my case I will be tomorrow lodging a formal complaint against Samsung India in the consumer court.

Samsung QN90A in India / Asia is an ADS n not a VA panel but inspite of that I can say on
the basis of directly comparing QN90A to Sony X90J the Samsung has better blacks, less blooming n thrice more colour n brightness , Neo Quantum processor is equal if not better than Sony's much hyped XR !!!.

Coming to my QN90A the DSE / FALD Grid is only visible while in panning shots or sports like Cricket , Ice Hockey n so I asked for a replacement but Samsung refused saying DSE is not considered a panel defect by them hence the court case .

Look with DSE it might be a case of panel lottery i.e one set will have negligible amount while some can be extreme like your X900H or moderate like my QN90A. If you find a demo piece of any Fald TV n play Cricket or Ice Hockey on it n if you can't notice any DSE then ask the store guys to pack that particular set, this is not an OLED where the prior usage matters so don't fall in to the tendency of going for a packed , brand new TV unless you want to play the panel lottery game.

Since I am not a Mumbaikar I can't help you much regarding the availability of 50 inch (VA panel) QN90A but it has to be the usual suspects like Samsung brand store, multi TV retailers like Croma, Reliance Digital, Tata Cliq, Vijay Sales, lotus ...

Much appreciate your reply man, after reading you too suffered DSE, i have had it, samsung is gonna come with QD-OLED next year, so mini led sets will go to their Q60-Q80 range i guess. I have had it with DSE, is vertical banding on OLEDs bad or should i just go oled, is C1 good rtings show it has poor pre calibration colours, as a CX owner yourself i'd love to have your feedback. And will that glitchy C1 dashboard be a future problem ? Will LG replace the UI to the slicker ones people want, can starting a petition help haha...

Wish you luck on your DSE case, from my experience though, if it is really minute then let it be, mine was really bad on X900H so nothing i could do but get a refund.

Since I am not a Mumbaikar I can't help you much regarding the availability of 50 inch (VA panel) QN90A but it has to be the usual suspects like Samsung brand store, multi TV retailers like Croma, Reliance Digital, Tata Cliq, Vijay Sales, lotus ...
As i was informed RD, VS don't have the 50 inch QN90A. Will try croma later. Btw what size is your DSE infected QN90A?

83LG C1 or 85QN90A ?
kindly help me with your suggestions.
83 inch is too big of an LCD, chances of getting DSE are very high as light has to travel a longer distance, OLED all the way in this case. Don't risk with LCD when the amount involves lakhs of Rs.

Much appreciate your reply man, after reading you too suffered DSE, i have had it, samsung is gonna come with QD-OLED next year, so mini led sets will go to their Q60-Q80 range i guess. I have had it with DSE, is vertical banding on OLEDs bad or should i just go oled, is C1 good rtings show it has poor pre calibration colours, as a CX owner yourself i'd love to have your feedback. And will that glitchy C1 dashboard be a future problem ? Will LG replace the UI to the slicker ones people want, can starting a petition help haha...

Wish you luck on your DSE case, from my experience though, if it is really minute then let it be, mine was really bad on X900H so nothing i could do but get a refund.

DSE or FALD Grid is only noticeable in panning shots and not elsewhere, if you are someone who does not view a sport like Cricket ( Camera panning every time to follow the ball) then you would never notice DSE.

Vertical banding in OLEDs is a misnomer cos there is no DSE/ FALD like grid , just normal banding i.e smooth gradation issues. WGRB Oleds have there own set of limitations like ABL, less than adequate full field brightness , bluish looking whites. Both OLED n LED currently are imperfect technologies , the usual pros n cons.

I am not what you call a purist so inaccurate colours out of the box don't bother me one bit but one can always opt for the accurate ISF Bright/ Dark or the Movie mode in LG OLED. Tizen n Web OS are so much more refined, smooth than Google TV /Android TV , I personally never felt anything untowards with Web OS dashboard or UI in general.

Perhaps we need to start a petition for better quality control n to have some kind of no questions asked return policy for Audio/ Visual devices here in India !!!

83LG C1 or 85QN90A ?
kindly help me with your suggestions.
This year's NEO-QLED units suffer from pretty lousy DSE. People are reporting in other forums as well. I am sure Samsung is working on this, and in the next version, things will improve. That said, it's probably better to hold off for now until they iron out the items.

Coming to OLED, the pannels reliability improved significantly (in the 55/65" segment). Still, little information is available on how the super big screen OLED pannel withstands against daily usage. Better you, too, do some research on this before pulling the gun.

In the West, most of the expensive or budget electronic products are backed by 60 days return policy, so you have enough leeway to get it sorted out in case of any defects. Since we don't have such a policy in place, things are too complicated in case of a mishap. So, hold your gun, talk to the dealer on supportability/replacement and then make a call since it's a pretty big $$$ on the wallet.

If I were looking for a 85" TV right now, I'd go for 85" Sony X85J non FALD and then graduate to a more expensive TV in that category that will come down in price in a few years. For instance the 85" X85J is 120 hz panel and has compatibility to voice command, is a VA panel that has good contrast though not full array local dimming but is available at or under 4.5 lakhs and it won't disappoint you. It has good motion handling algorithm.

With 85" TVs, the pixel density is usually less and so you would have to sit atleast 12 feet away and at that distance even an ordinary VA LED panel would look as good as a FALD or OLED for regular TV usage. For movies and immersion kind of usecase, unfortunately in that category, prices are really high and you could get a simulated experience of buying a 75" and get closer like say 9-10 feet to watch the screen which would mimic an 85" at 12 feet. But it is just my opinion. If you don't require a brand name, there is Vu 85" FALD at 2.6 Lakhs online.

If I were looking for a 85" TV right now, I'd go for 85" Sony X85J non FALD and then graduate to a more expensive TV in that category that will come down in price in a few years. For instance the 85" X85J is 120 hz panel and has compatibility to voice command, is a VA panel that has good contrast though not full array local dimming but is available at or under 4.5 lakhs and it won't disappoint you. It has good motion handling algorithm.

With 85" TVs, the pixel density is usually less and so you would have to sit atleast 12 feet away and at that distance even an ordinary VA LED panel would look as good as a FALD or OLED for regular TV usage. For movies and immersion kind of usecase, unfortunately in that category, prices are really high and you could get a simulated experience of buying a 75" and get closer like say 9-10 feet to watch the screen which would mimic an 85" at 12 feet. But it is just my opinion. If you don't require a brand name, there is Vu 85" FALD at 2.6 Lakhs online.
I concur with you as in a DM I gave him the similar advice about the perils n pitfalls of going for larger size beyond 65 inches as the image atleast the 1080 FHD content will look rather soft n pixelated. Both 55 n 65 are the ideal sweet spot for immersion n pixel density. There is a reason why a professional reference mastering monitor like a Sony BVM HX 310 is only 31 inches !!!

thanks..
VU is picture quality is good? should i go boldly?

thanks..
VU is picture quality is good? should i go boldly?
I believe you might have already considered about Projector with the budget you have. If its a dedicated room, then why not projector ? In fact you will get bigger screen than the 85" TV.

1000 nits and FALD. Plus the only drawback is soap opera effect which makes viewing look slightly 3dimentional but after a few days you will start liking it.
Only worry would be the warranty which is just one year for this massive TV. We are getting 3 years for OLED nowadays.
If any panel issue occurs, then I cannot imagine the cost to replace the panel.
Hope they have extended warranty for this particular model.

I believe you might have already considered about Projector with the budget you have. If its a dedicated room, then why not projector ? In fact you will get bigger screen than the 85" TV.
this bed/living room. 15X22 feet.
should i go for 85"Sony X85J? comparing to VU what about sony. it also has eARC.

this bed/living room. 15X22 feet.
should i go for 85"Sony X85J? comparing to VU what about sony. it also has eARC.
Oh ok. I would go with Sony just for the peace of mind since they provide 3 years warranty on the panel for this 85X85J. If you are into Gaming, then it also has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports with the support of 120Hz in the future update.

Sony is about 2 lakhs costlier plus is not a FALD but brand name and warranty compensates those two parameters with reliability count.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back