Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Not yet launched in India but going by the EU prices which miror Indian price then it should be around RS 152k. Mind you the 50" will have lesser peak brightness and slightly downgraded sound quality when compared to 55" n bigger.
Flipkart has the qn90a 50 inch for 84k with bank discounts bringing price down to 77k. Would you recommend? I was going to buy The Frame 2021 or Sony X80AJ. Is this worth the upgrade or causes more issues with ADS panel & mini-led backlighting?

The qn90a 50 inch is retailing on flipkart for 84k, coming down to 76k with bank offers. Is it a good deal? Is the panel VA or IPS for 50 inch size?
The panel is 100 % VA n if DSE is something that you won't either notice or be bothered by it much then yes it seems like a good deal but if you are bothered then it will be a game of panel lottery ... Best of luck if you are going to order it.

The panel is 100 % VA n if DSE is something that you won't either notice or be bothered by it much then yes it seems like a good deal but if you are bothered then it will be a game of panel lottery ... Best of luck if you are going to order it.
I checked your video and DSE will definitely bother me. My use case will involve A LOT of cricket matches. But the offline prices are 20k extra, and I'm afraid I've already stretched by budget way too much.
The Frame 2021 & Sony X80AJ feels like quite a downgrade after considering QN90A. I was considering those options after I couldn't get Hisense U6G. My budget has become a joke at this point lol

I am getting a free demo of Sony X90J today later at noon , so will obviously keep you n others posted . If it turns out to be really good n I am expecting it to be, then you should seriously consider X90J ....no point in splurging nearly Rs 100 K on Samsung Frame ( No Fald ,medicore HDR, average processing) or a X80J ( Mediocre HDR , IPS panel:eek:) . You would get so much better overall PQ if you are willing to extend your budget by an additional 30-35K !!! Cashbacks/ no cost EMIs will help either reduce costs or alleviate your financial burden by spreading it evenly over time.

I am getting a free demo of Sony X90J today later at noon , so will obviously keep you n others posted . If it turns out to be really good n I am expecting it to be, then you should seriously consider X90J ....no point in splurging nearly Rs 100 K on Samsung Frame ( No Fald ,medicore HDR, average processing) or a X80J ( Mediocre HDR , IPS panel:eek:) . You would get so much better overall PQ if you are willing to extend your budget by an additional 30-35K !!! Cashbacks/ no cost EMIs will help either reduce costs or alleviate your financial burden by spreading it evenly over time.
Nice, hope all goes well for you after all the drama u had with the Qn90a.

Now what I am going to say might appear like a 360 degrees U Turn but still valid as it based on a direct X90J vs QN90A comparison at home !!!

So I got a free demo of Sony X90J today n Samsung QN90A blows X90J out of water in every aspect of Picture Quality be it blacks (Despite the ADS panel) , contrast, colour, punch , HDR , motion, The OS. I even managed to sneak in a 30 second comparison video highlighting the Samsung superior PQ !!! The only area Sony was better was a DSE Free screen.

Dare i say Samsung even appeared to upscale better !!! XR Reality creation is plain gimmicky . There seems something wrong with SDR colour science on XR processor ( both A80J + X90J) as whether Tata sky, YouTube or other streaming Apps, the colours seemed washed out , almost neon like . Native / wide colour gamut is quite seamlessly enforced on Auto/SDR 8 bit sources in both my CX n QN90A but as I mentioned applying BT2020 on Rec 709 just does not work in Sony especially X90J

Side by side comparison reveals so much more than standalone viewing !!!

Now what I am going to say might appear like a 360 degrees U Turn but still valid as it based on a direct X90J vs QN90A comparison at home !!!

So I got a free demo of Sony X90J today n Samsung QN90A blows X90J out of water in every aspect of Picture Quality be it blacks (Despite the ADS panel) , contrast, colour, punch , HDR , motion, The OS. I even managed to sneak in a 30 second comparison video highlighting the Samsung superior PQ !!! The only area Sony was better was a DSE Free screen.

Dare i say Samsung even appeared to upscale better !!! XR Reality creation is plain gimmicky . There seems something wrong with SDR colour science on XR processor ( both A80J + X90J) as whether Tata sky, YouTube or other streaming Apps, the colours seemed washed out , almost neon like . Native / wide colour gamut is quite seamlessly enforced on Auto/SDR 8 bit sources in both my CX n QN90A but as I mentioned applying BT2020 on Rec 709 just does not work in Sony especially X90J

Side by side comparison reveals so much more than standalone viewing !!!
I m not surprised really as the Qn90a is labelled the best 4k LED tv right now, though we get the ADS version, i had a feeling it will be better still.
So what is your final solution? go for the A90J as no DSE is important for your viewing?

I m not surprised really as the Qn90a is labelled the best 4k LED tv right now, though we get the ADS version, i had a feeling it will be better still.
So what is your final solution? go for the A90J as no DSE is important for your viewing?
I don't think A90J is coming to India but even if it did I have now grown rather wary of SDR ( 4K + 1080p, etc) colour science in SDR. As far as DSE is concerned I now stand a better better chance of getting a replacement from Samsung now that I have filled a case against them in consumer court :p

Samsung QN90A (Top) vs Sony X90J ( Bottom)
Okay this is not a well shot video n it is not even 100 % in sync but you can clearly see not only Samsung gets more brighter , tad darker n whole lot more saturation n colour pop .

Samsung was in HDR standard with colour 25/50 n Sony was in Vivid with every colour setting maxed out !!!

P.S : Pls take notice how the Red colour pops n accurately so on the Samsung while it is washed out on the Sony X90J.

Just an update: I purchased the QN90A from Flipkart and the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Installation will happen by Monday max.
Anything I need to check in particular while accepting delivery and during installation later?

Congratulations bro :D welcome to the club !!! hope you really it :) what size did you get , cos if it's a 50 then it is a VA panel. As soon as you get the delivery check for any physical wear n tear n also a brand new Samsung upper tier or LG Oleds sets will always have a protective film covering the entire screen. Nothing apart from that really , just enjoy your fantastic new set . Do keep me/ all of us posted ...

Just an update: I purchased the QN90A from Flipkart and the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Installation will happen by Monday max.
Anything I need to check in particular while accepting delivery and during installation later?
Congratulations bro :D welcome to the club !!! hope you really like it n that it is a clean panel , what size did you get cos if it's a 50 then it is a VA panel. As soon as you get the delivery check for any physical wear n tear n also a brand new Samsun QN90A will always have a protective film covering the entire screen. Nothing apart from that really , just enjoy your fantastic new set . Do keep me/ all of us posted ...

Congratulations bro :D welcome to the club !!! hope you really like it n that it is a clean panel , what size did you get cos if it's a 50 then it is a VA panel. As soon as you get the delivery check for any physical wear n tear n also a brand new Samsun QN90A will always have a protective film covering the entire screen. Nothing apart from that really , just enjoy your fantastic new set . Do keep me/ all of us posted ...
Yes I purchased the 50 inch model. That was on sale and cost me only 76k. Any other option at that price paled in comparison. I will keep you posted. Really excited since I never imagined buying a premium range tv. I had strictly set my budget to 50k

I don't think A90J is coming to India but even if it did I have now grown rather wary of SDR ( 4K + 1080p, etc) colour science in SDR. As far as DSE is concerned I now stand a better better chance of getting a replacement from Samsung now that I have filled a case against them in consumer court :p
Typo, what i mean't was X90J..

The QN90A is delivered and installed. The pictures look simply stunning & tried watching some cricket videos and can't see DSE at least now. But later in the night, I've ran across a strange issue - appears to be software issue. I can no longer open any app and even the app Store doesn't open. It's says the smart hub is updating.
Tried resetting & taking out power for 30 seconds & switching on again. Will see again in morning if issue persists. Everything was working smoothly when the installation was done. Wonder what happened!

The QN90A is delivered and installed. The pictures look simply stunning & tried watching some cricket videos and can't see DSE at least now. But later in the night, I've ran across a strange issue - appears to be software issue. I can no longer open any app and even the app Store doesn't open. It's says the smart hub is updating.
Tried resetting & taking out power for 30 seconds & switching on again. Will see again in morning if issue persists. Everything was working smoothly when the installation was done. Wonder what happened!
I am glad that you are loving the set and thank heavens for no DSE !!! Regarding the Apps not opening just call the Samsung helpline n a technician from there service center will pop up in no time n address/ fix the issue.

Samsung Appstore has limited apps n they have an ongoing battle with Hotstar as Hotstar can only be viewed in 1080p max n not 4k !!! So my advice will be to invest in a streaming box like a Amazon 4k fire stick .

I am glad that you are loving the set and thank heavens for no DSE !!! Regarding the Apps not opening just call the Samsung helpline n a technician from there service center will pop up in no time n address/ fix the issue.

Samsung Appstore has limited apps n they have an ongoing battle with Hotstar as Hotstar can only be viewed in 1080p max n not 4k !!! So my advice will be to invest in a streaming box like a Amazon 4k fire stick .
Yes that's always an option. But would at least like to use the Tizen OS for some days. Everything was functioning perfectly during demo. Now suddenly I can't open a single app or app Store won't load.

I'm guessing it might be a case of failed update or something similar. The tv says it's on latest firmware.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back