Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Does 50 inch qn90a comes with a protective film in India? Any other indications to differentiate a box pack television vs a display model? The reason am asking is since a lot of dealers out here tend to repack a display TV and pass it off as a box pack piece. Of course I know the seal of the box is broken when it arrives, however they tape it really well and it's a little difficult to differentiate. I know this sounds stupid, sorry in advance for that.

Excuse my skepticism please, as I have had a bad experience with display model before this, hence the question. (if my tv does not comes with a protective film that would be tell tale sign) BTW I have delivery scheduled for today. Would appreciate quick response.

Also does the 50 inch qn90a have wide viewing angle, tvfndr and rtings say it doesn't while samsung website says wide viewing angle!

Thanks a lot in advance!!
How is the experience, assuming this one is a VA panel..

Please refer to my earlier posts regarding my QN90A ADS panel and you will get a fair idea, thanks to unprecedented high number of local dimming Zones the QN90A ADS version does perform ( Blacks + contrast) much better than many high end VA panels out there. Offcourse the QN90A VA version will have better dark room n blooming surpression in a pitch dark room but it is not chalk n cheese or a deal breaker.

ADS i.e. IPS style panel - I need to rea this post :)

Any reviews on the 50" QN90A and if its worth it against all these Dolby Vision TV's if it were to be a VA panel instead of ADS for the going price of 99K minus discounts. What I make out is that it gets the OTS lite instead of OTS pro and Quantum HDR 24X vs the 32X in 55" meaning lesser dimming zones.

Any reviews on the 50" QN90A and if its worth it against all these Dolby Vision TV's if it were to be a VA panel instead of ADS for the going price of 99K minus discounts. What I make out is that it gets the OTS lite instead of OTS pro and Quantum HDR 24X vs the 32X in 55" meaning lesser dimming zones.
There is a 43 " version also in the pipeline but 50 is indeed VA, I found OTS pro more gimmicky than useful, don't get me wrong it sounds very well but without physical actuators placed in the centre/ back of the screen it is not the real deal like the Sony A90J.

50 will have lesser brightness than other sizes but in real world viewing it is very tough to detect between 1500 n 2000 nits, I base this on spending some time recently with a max 1000 nit TV like Sony X90J.

50 might have lesser dimming Zones but it's black level n contrast will still be miles better than others rival LED TVs plus it's a VA panel to boot but it also won't have the wide angle film.

Hi guys,

Still no Samsung senior manager from there head office has spoken to me yet :mad: I have given them a dealine till Tuesday n then I will go public on social media platforms highlighting both the panel uniformity issue n there apathy towards customers.

If this panel was as clean as that Sony X90J I recently saw I would have been a very happy n a proud owner ...

i would say go for the 65" as it will be an upgrade for you too, how much is the 65" QN90A going for? if its 2.5L like mentioned on the samsung site then you have better options if you ask me.
for 65" its around 2.5 and the 85A at 2.3..it tried looking at a lot of content for around 30 mins between both and frankly could not find any different ( but I am not a Tv geek !)

Samsung is giving a 10 year warranty on the Panel for QLED and their remote is a joy in simplicity.

the Qled seems to have a definite advantage over the LED full array from Sony...although between the full array Sony and Samsung ( forgot the model names) the sony was far better.

hello everyone. I am looking forward to getting a 50 inch variant of Qn90a. Few people have informed it to be a VA Panel. Can you share source of your info. Will really appreciate it. Want to know on what other things has Samsung cut corners. Thank you!

It seems to be a great VFM product after a long time in TV segment. Hopefully it will not be very different from its siblings.

for 65" its around 2.5 and the 85A at 2.3..it tried looking at a lot of content for around 30 mins between both and frankly could not find any different ( but I am not a Tv geek !)

Samsung is giving a 10 year warranty on the Panel for QLED and their remote is a joy in simplicity.
I got offered 2.15L for the 65" Qn90a last month, the 10 year warranty is a gimmick only for "burn in"
The panel comes with only 2 year warranty.

hello everyone. I am looking forward to getting a 50 inch variant of Qn90a. Few people have informed it to be a VA Panel. Can you share source of your info. Will really appreciate it. Want to know on what other things has Samsung cut corners. Thank you!
Only bummer for me on the 50 incher, rather the arrogance of Samsung is the lack of dolby vision.

Only bummer for me on the 50 incher, rather the arrogance of Samsung is the lack of dolby vision.
If the panel is indeed 1500+ nits, you won't really need tone-mapping and HDR10 should look the same as Dolby Vision. That is unless the movie is mastered at 4000/10000 nits.

Dolby Vision at the end of the day is just dynamic tone-mapping, but done by the creator instead of the TV's algorithm. The scene will only be tone-mapped if the brightness of the scene exceeds what the TV can do. Otherwise, the scene will be displayed as is.

the Qled seems to have a definite advantage over the LED full array from Sony...although between the full array Sony and Samsung ( forgot the model names) the sony was far better.
That 10 year warranty is a joke, because it exclusively covers Burn In and that's it, any other panel issues are not covered.

Regular panel warranty is 2 years afaik, and 3 years right now as some deals are ongoing.

So basically 10 year number is just a way of showing their E Peen, when they too know full well the chance of burn in on ADS and VA panels is next to nil.

Not yet launched in India but going by the EU prices which miror Indian price then it should be around RS 152k. Mind you the 50" will have lesser peak brightness and slightly downgraded sound quality when compared to 55" n bigger.
The qn90a 50 inch is retailing on flipkart for 84k, coming down to 76k with bank offers. Is it a good deal? Is the panel VA or IPS for 50 inch size?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back